Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, December 8, 2014

Fit to a “T”

Today's Tids Issue 3,234
Opening Stuff:

There are a lot more dividers in power in this country, than healers. That’s for sure. Maybe we all need Jiminy Cricket to return and wish upon a star. You know Jiminy, with a conscience.
 
A guy was ruing the idea of celebrating the birthday of arguably the greatest President ever, George Washington, with mattress sales! JFK, Clinton sure…but George?
 
The new world is not better exemplified than the reaction to insults by the leader of North Korea who in response to his distaste for the new film The Interview, ordered his tech guys to hack into Sony, Several films like Still Alice and the new Annie have been leaked into the world of piracy. Five Star Hacker may  just become the highest ranking officer in the armies of the future. Get used to change because it is coming at you more rapidly that ever.
 
If there has ever been a friend of the USA in recent times we don’t want, it’s Turkey.
 
The Question:
Young people fear growing old based mainly upon a misunderstanding of what really happens when aging occurs. Name five most prevalent fears about oldness among 1-64 year old peple and the % of people over 65 who actually experience it.
 
The Headlines:
--Wall Street Still Looking For Year End Rally.
--Lawmakers Thwart Obamas Ability To Shut Down Gitmo.
--ISIS Leader’s Wife, Son Captured.
--Group f Roving Teens Bludgeon Bosnian Man To Death With Hamers Near Ferguson.
--Rampaging Killer Of 4 In West Virginia Found Dead.
--O Admin Moiving T de-“Milatarize” Police Across Nation.
 
The country is probably in the grasp of deflation. Predicted here, and also in intelligent circles, as inevitable with the rise of global economics. The US income used to be generated through value added but now it’s only the impetuous from the “I wanna higher salary” chorus. By the way, I read somewhere today that the next proclamation from the White House will be to force companies to pay more overtime.
 
One of my favorite Christmas songs is Candlelight Carol.
 
I’m thinking that one of the scariest things in the USA is all of this Internet insecurity
 
Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife.
 
I actually have to leave the room when they start hawking the juicers on the TV. They fill the canister with a garden of vegetables and mash it into a thick soupy bilious green. Drinking that to me seems worse than waterboarding.
 
Speaking of mattresses, I can’t believe people buy so many that you need a sleep store on practically every corner. Actually I sleep very well because I send all of my anxiety out in the Tids.
 
There were several good performances on The Voice Last Night. I thought Damian was outs tanding and perfaps the best of the night. Matt McAndrews was also good as he joined D in passionate pleas. Craig wayne looked poised but I didn’t thin k song choie gave him much o work with. Danika was excellent but then she was sig on of y favorites from Heart. While my ear said this song is repetitious and is getting tedius, Chris Jamison is an outstanding pop singer. My attitude about TYLOR WAS SIILAR. Ryan sang nicely, but he is still and underperformer. Luke Wade tried to be different, but this talented guy missed it. Three are going hime, and in my mind it should be Taylor, RYan and Luke (Off of last night’s performance). But it’s all about voter loyalties now, and Danika and Damian could replace Taylor and Luke on the out list. We’ll see. Whatever the results, we are going to lose somebody good.
 
I got a phone call from a great old friend today. It was good. It got me to thinking -- why am I such an asshole who never makes calls.
 
A guy I didn’t know before Thursday was waxing eloquent over the friendliness of Midwesterners, especially over North easterners. I disagreed nicely but vehemently -- that I thought people in the East were quite nice. He wouldn’t let it go, telling me I was so jaded living here that I was unable to recognize  real friendliness. Then I learned that he was born and grew up in New Jersey – and it all came together.  
 
The Answer:
Number one fear of youths is memory loss, yet only 25% of oldies experience it. The youths fear not driving but only 14% give it up. Next is serious illness only experienced by 21%. Of the rest of the imagined ills of growing gray, actual experiences shows that only 21% are less sexually active, 20% feel sad, 9% don’t feel needed, 17% are lonely, 16% have trouble paying bills and 10% feel they are a burden. So the next time a kid tries o help you along, just tell them they’re imagining it.
 
Let’s Wish Upon A Star:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment