Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Comfort.

Today's Tids Issue 3,259
Opening Stuff:
 
No matter the season, the waters always roil. With snow swirling, at times as beating pellets roaring parallel to the sea when fierce winds blow; the relentless ocean brings it’s tides and lets it go again. Now matter the time, the warm lazy summer day or the frigid winter when the waters sparkle in a special way, this massive juggernaut that touches all on shores of the world, is always there, never wavering from it mission that gives life. I know that this sometimes brash and ornery sea will always eventually bring me perfect calm.  
 
Global warmers keep on saying there was a lot more snow when I was a kid. And I agree that it seemed like that to me. It was probably because I was only 3 feet tall.
 
The absolutely worst TV program I have elected to watch lately was the People’s Choice Awards. What an inane, totally humorless, sophomoric mess that was. Hell, the winners didn’t even seem interested. Except Betty White who will take anything she can get. It was a great night for multi-tasking with Free cell.
 
The Question:
As I read the paper, view TV or just check out of a grocery store, I see people doing things to each other and themselves followed by giant exclamation points, and I have no idea who they are or why news about them is important.. Yes celebrity culture has passed me by. So, I wonder if you can tell me who are considered the top ten up and coming super celebs.
 
The Headlines:
--Market Sucking Badly; Mixed Job Report Combined With Shaky Europe Worries Investors
--Cartoon Shooter have been Killed, 2 Jihadists Take Five Hostages In Kosher Grocery Store; Action In  Support Of Charlie Killers.
--Nebraska Court Gives Keystone A Win; Overturns Suit Against Route.
--0-Man Proposes Free Community college For All; Students May have To Learn To Read For Entry.
--NYC Mayor Takes Aim At Food Vedors In New Ban On Foam Containers.
 
Of course, there is only one thing happening this weekend and it is the NFL playoffs. I really believe all of the games can go either way…even Seattle Carolina. --While Cam Newton has improved and is even showing signs of some of that enormous potential he showed as atop draft choice, it has been the powerful play of the O and D lines that has the Panthers rolling well right now. Unfortunately, they have to play in the toughest home advantage stadium in the country. Seattle will nip them. --How healthy is Aaron Rogers. That could be the question. There is little I like less than watching Jerry Jones dancing with glee in the owner’s suite, but I have to admit the Cowboys are playing well, even Romo. But the cold will get them and the Pack will win. --Peyton meets his successor Andrew Luck in what could be a great battle. They say Manning’s arm is growing weak, but, his mind and play calling is still sharp. I think it boils down to which of the two QB’s will panic under pressure at the end. Denver will find a way. --It’s going to be about 10 degrees up here for the Ravens - Pats game. The Pats looked like world beaters for about five games, before they looked very average recently. The Ravens have been building “Mo” and are playing tough and well. I think the Pats are better than they have shown recently. They have to run well to keep the Ravens Sack attack at bay. I’m going to pick with my heart, and I could easily be dead wrong. It is the best weekend in Football.
 
By the way, the weekend doesn’t on Sunday as on Monday we have the SuperBowl for the College teams. I love the Ducks, and have a lot of trouble rooting for any team that inserts “The” before their University name. So, I’ll be rooting for the Oregon team, but I believe Ohio State will win.
 
From a reader this morning: “Autocorrect has become my worst enema.”
 
I think Laura Ingraham has it right when she says to Republican lawmakers and spinmeisters, “Forget about Obama, and just focus on bringing good stuff to all Americans”. Dwelling on negativity dilutes the positivity of any message. To that I would add, take the time to explain in the simplest terms whatever they are proposing and how it is important to the lives all citizens. And, for God sakes, don’t let the Democrat leadership define Republican initiatives for them.
 
I’ll report on American Idol when it gets going. I really don’t find these opening rounds enjoyable or entertaining at all. I keep on thinking “Gong Show”, which may go down (In my restrictive mind) as the worst ever TV program. I have never been big on rewarding stupidity.
 
Wage averages are still huffing and puffing to keep up with the more promising gains in employment. The weakens in wages means one of two things. It’s either good for the stock market because there is a lot of room for the growth of average consumer spending capability. Or, it is very bad  because it indicates a irreversible negative trend in  USA average middle class wealth potential. And frankly, I just don’t know quiche it is.m Today the Street is thinking the latter.
 
I’ve written a couple of times on the gluten free fad. And for sure, it has become fashionable to eat basically tasteless foods that are not as nourishing, except of course where it is necessary for the 1 in 133 Americans who suffer from Celiac Disease. It is also estimated that some other people have afflictions that make digestion of gluten difficult. Basically, the maximum of Americans who could need Gluten free is about 6%. For the rest, it makes little sense, unless you like to talk about it at Teas without little cucumber sandwiches.
 
In case you are keeping score, NBC in their new commercial for the show “Allegiance”, once again omitted “Under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance”. It’s just as easy to watch ABC or CBS. NBC has said in a statement that the decision to eliminate “God” was made by a small group of people. The Execs concurred that it was a bad decision. But, somebody in that Organization will keep on pushing the envelope. People who don’t want God, never give up.
 
Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Selma is the big new flick. You know the story and this is a pretty good and very emotional telling of the story of hope for that tumultuous time. It is beautifully filmed and well acted, and for the most part historically accurate.
--Inherent Vice has a bevy of good actors which is necessary to keep the audience from drifting off into the clouds of pot smoke drifting across the screen. It is a good film about an always high private eye and a developer who wants to bulldoze the downtrodden and drug nests for a suburban development. It may be a little weird at times, but you should be able to figure it out.
--I like the Liam Neeson in the Taken series, so I’ll go to watch him bring down the bad guys again. It takes me back to the Death Wish Series.
 
The Answer:
One of the problems is that there are just too many celebs these days, so fame is fleeting and quickly replaced. The top young acirs are considered to be Douglas Booth (R&J), Zoe Kravitz Alex Pettyfyer, Dylan O’Brien, Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Olsen, Shailene Woodley, Ansel lgort, Ariana Grande and the #1 up and comer Liam Hemsworth…who they say stole the show in Hunger Games. So if you want to talk to our kids or grandchildren, you have to study up on these names. Another list of top tier young actresses who are mainly known  are Scarlet Johansson, Keira Knightly, Anne Hathaway, Eva Green, Rachel Wood, Kirsten Dunst, Emily Blunt, Ziyi Zhang and Rachel McAdams. The young men include Alexander Ludwig, Matt Prokop, Matt Bush, Daren Kagasoff, Josh Hutcherson, Kelly Blatz, Licas Till, Nolan Gerard Funk, Tony Oller and Sterling Knight. Huh! See, we don’t have a chance.
 
Have a wonderful weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!
 
I can taste the salt air clinging to my face, and I know my friend is never far away
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment