Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, February 13, 2015

I think I feel like crying.

Today's Tids Issue 3,282
Opeing Stuff: 

I don’t know Kayla Mueller. But I like her smile. I like the way she thinks about kindness. I like the way she doesn’t let obstacles get in her way. I like her optimism and her inner strength. When I was a kid I thought all Americans were like Kayla Mueller. I feel sad for her parents. She must have been a wonderful daughter. I feel sorry for all of the people she might have helped and now won’t feel her warmth. I wish I were a kid a again, and the world was like it should be.
 
Isn’t it interesting that on the day Brian Williams is suspended for 6 months, Jon Stewart retires from his made up news The Daily Show? Maybe NBC will…nah, NBC wouldn’t put on fake news.
 
I think we all have to be aware that no matter what we do, somebody isn’t going to like the way we do it. Learning to roll with the punches is a wonderful thing.
 
The Question:
He Grammies had a segment about domestic violence. Name five songs that encourage women to fight back.
 
The Headlines:
--0-man Is Asking Congress To Authorize Ground Troops In Fight Against IS; Says He Would Bar “Enduring Offensive Ground Operations; Weird.
--20,000 New Troops Have Streamed In To Bolster Islamic Fighting Groups In Iraq, Syria.
--Latest College Shooting Has Three Students Dead At chapel Hill NC.
--Worries About Greece Pushing Down Stocks.
--US To Send 600 Paratroopers To Ukraine As Instructors; US Troops In  bola regions Coming Home.
--Yemen revels Sieze US Vehicles After Embassy Closes.
 
Health has become so expensive that I’m thinking of just limping along and faking it.
 
I see where Former “O” Chief advisor Axelrod in his memoire says that the Prez feigned his support of traditional marriages and against Same Sex marriage for votes. Horrors, a president would stretch the truth to persuade citizens at election time? Maybe he should be suspended for six months.
 
Did you see where Jeb Bush and Sarah Palin have the same Birthday (he’s 62 and she’s 51)? They could run as a ticket promising the beginning of reduced government spending  -- for starters one birthday cake.
 
For some good old fashioned college basketball tonight we have the RI against Philly’s Big 5. Yes the venerable, wonderful Philadelphia college basket ball fivesome sends well coached St, Joseph and #6 Villanova against 2 of RI’s foursome -- a couple of top 30 teams from the small state – URhode island and Providence College. Every US city should have a Big Five like  Philadelphia. I brings the game back home a little, away from the industry it has become. The kids seem to like the sense of community.
 
At the Grammies,  a fervent plea was made in behalf of the many women unfortunately trapped in abusive relationships. The thought of this abuse tears me apart, and I applaud all efforts to end the horror and the violence. My immediate thought was that the music industry should look within, at their lyrics, at the he images of irresponsibility they often display. But, my guess is they will probably write a song about it.
 
An avowed atheist Craig Hicks killed three Muslims at the U NC campus in Chapel Hill. Some are saying that Hicks blamed all of the world ills on radical Christians and Muslims, and that he killed the two women and a man because of that. In fact, it appears to have been a dispute over a parking place. But he shouters fo=don’t want that explanation, so it will evolve into a religious war. It may have started as a discussion over a parking place, but once the atheist looked into those Middle Eastern eyes, he may have ignited his own feelings of hatred.
 
The annoying new world goals, Department:
A young girl about to start a job at a Pizza place Tweeted, , ”Ew I start this F***A** Job tomorrow.” Followed by emojis depicting 7 thumbs down. The Twitter message found its way via an employee to the owner of this medium sized Texas chain, He immediately Tweeted, “No you don’t start that FA job today. I just fired you! Good luck with you no money, no job life”. The girl named Cella was elated, proudly telling all friends with much glee that she just got fired on twitter! She’s on her way to becoming the next Kardashian.
 
They waited till today to pull the plug on Bobbi Kristina Brown so she could die on the same day as her mother, Whitney Houston. Well, I guess that’s something.
 
The Answer:
#1 is “18 Wheeler” by Pink. Next we have “Behind the Wall”, Tracy Chapman; “Fighter”, Christina Aguilera (Her mother an she as a child both abused. She always includes a fight song in every album); “Goodbye Earl”, Dixie Chicks; “I will survive”, Gloria Gaynor, “Independence Day”, Martina McBride; “Luka”, Suzanne Vega; King of Anything, Sara Bareilles; Respect, Aretha Franklin and “Sisters are doing it for themselves”, Annie Lennox and Aretha.
 
“Barring Enduring Offensive Ground Combat Operations” sounds to me like a ban against fighting too hard. ISIS should like that.
 
Just a couple of days remaining to get your Valentine’s Day gift. Love is a great thing, so let’s put some thought into this. I’m thinking of dying Cheetos red.
 
I like Martina McBride, so I finished off the Tids listening to Independence Day”
But, you can pick your own favorite of those ten, here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment