Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Think of a government with quiet, thoughtful leaders.



Today's Tids Issue 3,314
Opening Stuff:

To me, a perfect place to live would be a town without sidewalks.

226 years ago today George Washington was inaugurated as first President of the United States of America in the Wall Street area of NYC. As I read the news item, I envisioned the broad, green lawn stretching down a hillside from his magnificent Mount Vernon to the busy Potomac River. I saw George sitting there gazing out across the hills and valley’s he loved so; Inhaling the aura. Into the picture walked Martha, slightly red faced. “Are you out of your F—ing Mind George. I just her from Dolly that you’re to be inaugurated in New York City. New York city, George. Are you nuts! Tell me you’re not going to get on a horse and ride for a couple of weeks for a little self gratification. Your hemorrhoids, George. Think of the pain.” George squirmed a bit in his chair. As the river flowed, and birds sang.

Most politicians don’t think before talking, because somebody else writes what they say.

The Question:
I had this idea for a question – Name the All Time “One Hit Wonders”. That seemed kike a good idea until I discovered there are over 2,000 from the 50’s til now. So I found a list that seemed more representative of the mnay disparate lists available. It worked, even though it didn’t include 1 1955 one hit wonder, Karl Perkin’s “Blue Suede Shoes”.

The Headlines:
--Stocks Follow Oil Prices Down.
--Greece Misses Budget targets; Bonds Plunge Creating Default Fears.
--IRS Admits To Failures And Taxpayer Harassment; Asks For More Money To Fix Problems; Opinion: How About Placing Ten Commandments At Entrance To Offices; More Money! Shoot me.
--Hill-Bill Foundation To Keep Foreign Money.
--Putin Wants A Refund If The French Don’t Delivers On the Ship Contract.

The Hernandez trial jury is getting a little grief from some of the media and the public because of a little laughter displayed during a post verdict press conference. For the most part, though, I saw a Jury answering questions intelligently, displaying proper respect for the occasion. Of course they laughed a bit, and relaxed. They have been holed up and out of their daily routines for months. It was over. They’re humans. Of course they laughed and released the tension. But then, there are always people waiting to pounce.

I watch these “Go Daddy” commercials which do absolutely do nothing to instill confidence in me to hire them for whatever they do. It must be a generational thing.

I have to say that Shell Oil has done a terrific job of reorienting their marketing plan, which includes the quite pleasant upgrading of convenience stores and focusing on very competitive prices.

That Mini helicopter Pilot got mighty close to the White House and other key DC installations yesterday. I’m sure the ISIS people are rewinding that tape again, and again, and again…and taking notes.

I always thought that the Constitution was too important of a document than to be used as an instrument to legalize marijuana.

In case you haven’t been keeping track, the ally of Ex-Ukraine Prez Yanukoyvich is the fourth found shot or dead under mysterious circumstances. Ukraine authorities are asking to interview Aaron Hernandez.

Janis Joplin has bailed out many an American Idol singer with her tune “Piece of My heart”, and last night the good looking Jax who can be decent or really bad, scored with the gritty tune (Although she was  pretty mediocre with “Beat It”). Also tops were Beckham, Fradiani, and Tyanna. Alas, my personal favorite Joey Cook didn’t spark, although I thought Jefferson Airplane’s “Somebody to Love” was a winner. Rayon had a great moment for him with but is probably in the bottom 2 for the third week. Quinton was so-so on the singing stage but rocked the charts in his toe-to-toe with Judgmental Harry Connick Jr.

The Answer:
Ok, get ready to burn as I entirely mss your favorite. 1 is “Tell Him (The Exciters). Next is Dominique (Singing Nun) then in ruder downward The Girl from Impanema (Astrud Gilberto), You’re My World (Cilla Black), Goldfinger (Shirley Bassey), Batman (Neil Hefti), Cool Jerk (The Capitals), Love is Blue (Paul Mauriat), Born Free (The Hesitations) and #10 MacArthur Park (Richard Harris). Some other tunes in order are Tiptoe Through the Tulips, Harper Valley PTA, The Worst that Could Happen, More Today than Yesterday, Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye, O-o-h Child, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, Bang a Gong, Walk on the Wild Side, Kung Foo Fighting. Some others are You Light Up my Life, Tainted Love and Nothing Compares 2 U.  There are 1,977+ more and one is certainly your’s.

I’ve decided to stop being angry. I’m tired of bile in the morning. So I’m changing my attitude, going for a kinder gentler Tids; a Tids from a quiet,  thoughtful man. I’m even changing the name to Kumbaya Korner. Uh oh, that will rile the spelling mavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment