Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, April 17, 2015

We are one.



Today's Tids Issue 3,315
Opening Stuff:

Even though people appear miles apart in looks, social status, political or moral outlook, as humans they are more like each other than they aren’t. I have been spending some time lately in a Fall River clinic where I have been going for routine blood tests. The room is often crowded with diverse groups of people, but mainly those you see sobbing on late TV News after fires have devastated their old wooden tenement homes, or worse – after drive by shootings and other senseless crimes. You see, Fall River Mass is one of those hard scrabble towns found all throughout the Northeast that have not improved much since the 1930’s textile industry pullout. Yet in this room. I see the local families -- mothers husbands and children. I see mom’s and dads I wouldn’t look at twice on the street or in a dollar store. I see a mom cheerleading a worried child in a beautiful loving way. And dad is there looking on, tenderly holding his wife’s hand. His concerned eyes tell the story of who they really are, and his admiration as she tries to comfort their child. Later when they come out of the medical area, I see the little girl, or little boy bouncing along, big smile on the face, “I really did well, didn’t I mom. And dad’s chest swells. And mom gives the kid a high five. And I feel my heart clench, and tear in my eye. We all feel the same emotions no matter what may happen in the dark of our nights.

I’m having trouble giving new Gov Gina Raimondo a grade over C+. She looks like just another tax and spender, and I’m not seeing this all out jobs program, or new friendly to biz environment of which she proudly boasts. Maybe I need an eye exam. I see a cabinet of former pro-unionists and a new tax making RI the only “double Property tax” state in the nation.

“I tried to fix my computer this morning, but it wouldn’t work. After several attempts, I had that syncing feeling.”

The Question:
Who was the first woman to make a solo flight around the world? Bonus: I went to High School. With Jon Voight and was a friend of his older brother Barry. The younger bro of the two was Wes, who went onto became a successful song writer using the name Chip Taylor. Name five of his well-known hits.

The Headlines:
--China Removal Of Short Selling Restrictions Sends Global Equity Markets Into Crapper; Japan Takes Over #1 From China Spot As USA’s Number One Creditor.
--GE Profits Miss; World Jitters Have Stocks Down Over 250.
--While US And Allies Negotiate Nuke Peace, Ir n Is Building Lethal Cyber Army; Iran Cyber Terrorists Stepping Up Activity Against US.
--US-Russia Tension Escalating After Russian Jet Intercepts US Plane Over Baltics.
--FDA Ok’s AstraZeneca Melanoma Treatment.
--Muslims Migrants Threw Christians Overboard During Illegal Immigration Trip From Libya To Italy.
--UN Food Vouchers To Syria Are Diverted And Sold For Cash; ISIS Money Raisers Are Selling Art Treasures.
--US House Passes Bill To Repeal “Death Tax (Estate Taxes); “O” Will Most Likely Veto.

One of the most discouraging daily events is reading headlines like: “Five Found dead In Phoenix Home After Shooting.” I can’t believe that this has always been happening, but now more apparent beause of larger population demographic segments, or more widespread use of media by everybody.

Hillary seems to be walking along the hypocrisy line as she shouts for election finance reform! Say what.

I see where 10 Columbia University Physicians have called for the removal Of Dr. Oz from the staff for promoting, they say, “Quack medical treatments. Is that the same reason the Kardashians are removing Bruce Jenner from their happy family program – for promoting quack beauty treatments?

By the way I forgot to mention that the Grand finale of the Justified FX TV series ended by putting all of the pieces in place while killing off all of the bads except boyd. Raylan even made sure that Ava could end her life in peace. Does that mean that in his old age the lawman will move in and help her raise little Boyd? I could live with that.

If you want to see a great series finale next week, binge on “The Ameicans” over the weekend to catch up. This could be one of the great annual show endings. I’m already anxious.

I have always been a market research maven. That makes me an easy target for all types of research so prevalent in today’s internet world, and I happily jump in. When you’re writing about the quirks, foibles and accomplishments of the human, it’s always good to examine data that aids in the credibility of opinions.

Hillary may be the most hypocritical, least honest candidate to ever roam our nation’s campaign trails, but I suspect the media will let her ride free in Scooby, and elevate the bus to cult status.

As we walk through this brave new world of ours, we should never forget that somebody may have a camera on you! No doctor has a cure for going viral.

I also find I can make money with my interest in research. I am a regular member of a national research company and make a few hundred a year. But I see a bigger opportunity in medical research companies who help drug and device companies bring products to market. As new diseases overtake my aging body I expect I could be making thousands a year!

The Answer:
In 1964, Geraldine Moch flew a Cessna 18 around the world in 29 ½ days – all by herself. She was a Columbus Ohio girl.  Bonus: Wes Voight ( a scratch golfer In HS) AKA Chip Taylor wrote Wild Thing, Angel in the Morning, I Can’t Let Go, Try (Just a little bit harder), Just a Little Bit Later on Down the Line. Oh yeah, and older bro Barry became a world famous geologist who invented the formula for predicting volcanic eruptions. Mom always said, “Go your own way, boys.”

That’s About it, Everybody. Have a great Weekend;

And get a little wild!



No comments:

Post a Comment