Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

No downers.

Today's Tids Issue 3,371
Opening Stuff:

Boom! Bang! Crackle! You probably think that this is the intro to my welcome July Tidlet. But, nooo, that’s the lightening outside followed in a nanosecond by a hair-raising, jump out of seat B-a-n-g!! And I’m under my table writing this. Normally it would have been a July opener if it wasn’t for this morning’s reality. The good news so far is that the lights and computer stayed on. So, onto July, where thoughts of patriotism always come first. I think of Paul Revere rides and farmers shooting from behind stone walls. I think of a besieged colony rising up to claim independence from a King…and vowing never to have power in a single person hands again; a nation where citizens come first and government a distant second. I think of hot dogs and hamburgers, and apple pie with no kale, peas puree or lemon straw. So strike up the band, Ta-ta. Send fireworks into the sky and light up all that’s great about what American has been for 239 years since 1776. Yes, July starts off with enthusiasm and ends with a drag, hoping that the heat will soon leave. Yes, July is quite the month.

I was thinking yesterday, why I should get my underwear all tied in knots, bellowing out acidic remarks, foisting my anger on good people who have taken the time to read this mess. There are people everywhere from time to time who are out there going through some level of human agony, and the last thing they need is bile from frustrated soul in a changing (Many would say deteriorating) society. After all, this column is all about love, and it is really off the track when it sounds like hate. Yes the Tids is about blue birds, and rainbows, and green frogs catching bugs on their tongues. It’s about lovers holding hands and looking into dreamy eyes. It’s about being positive and standing up for friends. IT about helping people feel great when things are low.

But that doesn’t make me any happier about, or feeling kinder to people who litter. Creeps.

The Question:
What was Leslie Caron’s first big movie role?

The Headlines:
--ISIS Kills Fifty During Fiery Uproar In Egypt After President Vows Crackdown On Extremists; Many Of Dead Are Police At Security Check Points.
--Euro Finance Minister Weighing New Greek Proposal; Markets Happy; Dow Opens up 170.
--Most Private Sector Jobs In Six Months Added To US Economy.
--New Emails Show That WH Knew Of Hill’s Private System.
--12 In Danamora Prison management Dismissed In Wake of Escape.
--Jebster Releases 33 Years Of Tax Returns; Shows That He Has Paid A Hefty Amount --  And That He Is Not nearly As Rich As Broke Gal Hillary..
--Iran Nuke Discussions Extended.
--USA Woman Score Bug Soccer Win Over Germany, 2-0.
--Mexico Says No Beauty Queens For Trump Contests; Univision Cancels Miss USA Broadcast.

I see where “Activists” across the US of A are planning to burn the American flag on the Fourth. Great, just great. The media won’t care as long as the professional protestors are burning it for a cause the close to the hearts of journalists. It really is just a frustrating environment these days. People ache and nobody hears. I guess that’s how a country runs when a community organizer is in charge.

Mr. Paranoid department:
I watched “Zoo” last night and it is about what I expected – pretty good tension and well orchestrated violence…and probably another subtle pro-Hillary campaign effort from her pals in H-Wood. So far it make the rich look small and business appear evil, and of course animals smarter than humans. There’s going to be a lot of preaching in this one, and I’m sure we will eventually get to Climate Change. But, I am hooked and I thought the first show moved with the speed of lightening. I’ll have to take a few Tums and bear the political overtones to enjoy the mystery. I didn’t see how this story can last for a full, ongoing series. Oh, I forgot, it only has to last until the election if 2016.

Speaking of animals taking over, how about those deer up in Eire Pa who tied to take over a race track from horses. It must be global warming.

I’ve got to get some new pics up on the worldview: etc blog. Stay tuned.  

“Mary Pat” Christie. She sounds Irish.

Yesterday I was watching on BBC there commentator in Greece discuss the problem, and at times it appeared he was trying to reach for a justification of the position of a Government and populace who asked for more than their economy could furnish. But as he tried to blame it on the Greedy world bankers, it became apparent that he couldn’t and reluctantly agreed that they brought it all upon themselves. Some day wells run dry. It’s just that simple.

Just in case you’re out traveling away from your favorite home station, here’s a list of the Top Fifty “Local” talk show hosts which is topped by John & Ken – LA, Curtis & Kuby – NYC, Howie Carr – Boston, Steve Cochran – Chi, Bill Carroll – LA, Brian Wilson and Larry O’Conner – Washington, Brian Susman – San Fran, Jeffery Kuhner – Boston, Row Conn – Chi, and number Ten, Chris Palante – DC. My state RI has two – Dan York (27) and John DePetro (40). Check out the top fifty http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/influential-talk-radio-hosts-shows/2015/06/30/id/652849/?ns_mail_uid=40272766&ns_mail_job=1626229_07012015&s=al&dkt_nbr=yyg5lkuh

I have never enjoyed Curtis (“Guardian Angels” Sliwa) and Kuby, but Howie Carr has been a favorite since the late Seventies.

Economic Danger Signs, Department:
A well known market viewer, Bill Gross, warns of a potential run on US “Shadow Banks”. Unlike regular banks, these big money “Modern” banking institutions like hedge Funds, Mutual Funds and EFT’s are not required to maintain reserves or even emergency levels of cash. They’re a little like the Greece of Wall Street. When it goes to hell there, it really goes to hell. And the little guy gets creamed…again.

Want to get away from all of the back clouds, go to a summer camp. There are about 800 camps for Adults and they include pot smoking at the MaryJane Group CannaCamp; Camp ThrowBack where you can do all of those kids things again, and drink while you’re doing it; In the Pine Barrens of NJ you can go to Zombie Survival Camp and learn primitive basics to beat disasters; The Woods in Leighton Pa, is the only gay and lesbian camp and offers in addition to the usual camp stuff, Motorcycle  Leather and Cowboys versus Indians weekends; For musicians there’s Rock and Roll fantasy camp; Intellectually curious can enjoy Archeology and Basketry camp; And people who are tired of fashion trends “In the Raw” Camp. In other words, somebody has probably conceived of something for just about everybody.

The Parking Lot. Chapter one continues.
It wasn’t just the pain that had me focused on this parking lot caper. It’s a feeling I had that became apparent to me as I watched the interaction between the two. It will be good I told myself. An older person needs more to do than taking maps, and solving a mystery is better than going to a lecture on Chinese chest enameling.
  I moved and the pain returned as usual. Why do I thin it will just go away if I sit a little longer. I took breath and stood. Below me now were the contents of her handbag. There was a tin of Altoids which could come in handy, the back of a cell phone, tissues, a couple, of credit card receipts, a small flashlight, a couple of hard candies, lip stick and a small compact. There were cosmetic appearing items of which I have no idea what they may have been for. My loot. The key to my case. I should be turning it over to the police, but they didn’t seem interested. So they’re mine and I’ll never tell. My wife will probably tell me to move the mess.
  I picked up the credit card slips and went back to my chair, and enjoyed the sensation of getting off my feet. I looked at them and saw that she was M. J. Bancroft. Well Miss, or is it Mrs., Bancroft, let’s see where you have been. The first slip, showing only a couple of mixed drinks of some type, was for the restaurant near the parking lot. Three of them were for a little coffee shop in Tiverton. Maybe they know her up there. Maybe she lives there, which would be better. Maybe I’m crazy.

The Answer:
Cute as a button French actress Leslie Caron first made big, dancing into your arms in American in Paris (With Gene Kelly), captivating hearts in the beautiful little Lily, and melting hearts in Gigi. She also was the darling of Fred Astaire in Daddy Long Legs. Leslie was one of the special celebs in the 1950’s.

Paint you house Red, White and Blue, and tell flag burners to screw.

Today I’m going to see My Fair Lady, and I have to tell you I always feel a tear or two when Higgins sings “I’ve grow accustomed to her face”. See you all tomorrow, with a song in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment