Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Vegetarian diplomacy: No meat.



Today'[s Tids Issue 3,386
Opening Stuff:

What is Tuesday anyway?
It’s just another daily bump,
Before we see atop the hump,
The weekend’s get-away!

Before I get into today’s worldwide shenanigans, I have a couple of things to say about the British Open, or as they say so  eloquently there next to rolling sea, The Open -- The grand and glorious Open which this year was one helleva sporting event. Incredible! First Zach is a guy I follow regularly, so I am rejoicing for this good Midwestern guy and his hard fought win. He is not a Boomer off the tee but plays the game from tee to Green with all of the clubs very well. He works hard every day . It is said that he has the “PH Factor” -- Practice Hard, Play Hard, Pray Hard. The second thing I must say is about how ESPN seemed to dismiss Zach’s achievement as having ruined their big celebration of Jordan’s 3rd Major. Sports media is just as much a slave to agendas as is the regular media.

A phrase I have noticed uttered frequently by those involved in or associated with the Iran deal is “Important achievement for diplomacy.” That means they can’t say anything significant about what they achieved, but just how well they performed their rituals. It’s like what Henry Higgins sings _ “The French never care what they do, actually, as long as they pronounce it properly.”

The Question:
What do you think are the top ten all time Oxymoron’s? Bonus: name the state with the highest and the state with the lowest voter participation.

The Headlines:
--Fed Ups Capital Requirements For Big Banks; Hope Is That Banks Will Get Smaller.
--Turkey Officials Extremely Concerned Over ISIS Bombings In Country For First Time; 32 Young Activists Massacred.
--European Stock Market Turns Down For First Time In 8 days; Travelers, Harley Davidson Profits Strong; UTC, IBM Drag US Stocks Down; Analysts Say Sell Tesla.
--Kerry Disturbed By Khamenei Statement To Defy American Policies; UN Endorses; Teheran Diplomat Lashes Out Against USA After Power’s Human Rights Comments.(What Did He Think Would Happen?)
--Obama Using Social Security Recipients To Control Guns; A Disturbing Precedent.
--North Korea Not Interested In Iran Style Nuke Deal.
--Massachusetts Illegal Immigrants Accused In Death of Kindly Old Grandmother Face Deportation.
--Scott Walker Signs Abortion Ban Bill; Kasich becomes #16.

How come I’m not feeling tingles up my leg over yesterday’s announcement about reestablishing diplomatic relations with Cuba. Could it be that I don’t care. Or, that I’m seeing diplomatic rejoicing (see above) but also hovering in the background beyond Potemkin’s village a population that continues to be enslaved.

Today is the anniversary of 1972 in Ireland when the IRA (Irish Republic Army) carried out 22 bombings killing 9, wounding 130. Nothing really ever changes except the accents.

I hear from time to time tourists complaining about dirt and trash on the streets, usually as the touring group in front of them drops another coffee cup by the sidewalk side. Just kidding. Tourists are great. It’s actually the local residents who save their trash and then dump it around the city landscape just before tourist season.

The Republicans must have a plan. Right? Don’t they?

Dems (and Repubs) in the Northeast think that they can’t lose, primarily because they live in a comfortable cocoon where they are no discernible Republicans. But out west, there are Dems who are looking for straightjackets as they see their party as confused. So, maybe there will be a race after all.

A new Fox Poll says a 45% Plurality of Americans think the Supreme Court is too liberal. That is up from just 26% in just 3 years. Only 16% of Americans think the court is too conservative, down from 21% in 2012. The Poll also shows that Like percentages of Democrats, republicans and Independents favor term limits. What’s interesting about this poll is that Repubs and Dems seem to be thinking exactly the same way. It’s the Indies who are looking more conservative.

The Parking Lot: Chapter 5 continues…
  “Nancy.” She still looked as though she wasn’t sure she could trust me with that information. “Nancy Joachim.” She smiled for the first time. “I came back looking for some things that I had in my pocketbook.” Oh, I thought to myself.
  “Let’s get inside the building so you don’t have to hide in the bushes.” She started to laugh but seemed to catch herself. “So, do you libe=ve in tiverton, “ is daid casually as I showed he rthe way up to my palce.”
   “Why would you say that,” she answered, now cautious again. Before I could answer with an outright lie, thankfully, she continued. “I’m just here to get my stuff, and I appreciate what you did, and your concern now.” She paused, “But I’m just a woman named Nancy and you’re a man named Jared. And that’s about it.”
   I stooped below my table by the window, and gathered what I had. I handed to her. She softened again eying my chair, “So this is where you sit looking for damsels in distress!” She smiled broadly, but that was just an exit line. She looked down now carefully at the odd assortment of stuff in the little cardboard box I had found. She seemed concerned for some reason.
  I was actually looking for you, so I could return the stuff.’” She wasn’t paying attention to me now.
   “Is this all you found?”
 
The Answer:
There are so many that there may be trouble achieving a Roughly Smooth consensus! Pretty Ugly is a good start, and I always think of Jumbo Shrimp and Military or Government Intelligence. Presently Absent is a good one. How about Accurate Rumors or Amtrak Schedule and Anxious Patient. Then you have Good grief, Fighting for Peace, Silent Alarm, Pure Evil and Black Light. How about Exact Estimate, Government Worker, Genuine Imitation, Small Crowd, Government organization, Soft Rock, Clearly Misunderstood, Plastic Glasses, Tight Slacks, Definitive Maybe, Microsoft Works and Rap Music! There are many more and I’m sure you have your favorites. Bonus: The people of Maine vote more than those in any other state. And West Virginians just stay home and make love.

It has been noted this morning that the Capitol building in  Washington DC had lowered the flag to half mast to honor those killed in Chattanooga. The White House didn’t.

I’m beginning to finish. See you tomorrow. Hope all your travels are wonderful, and your discoveries more so.



No comments:

Post a Comment