Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

If we didn’t have dreams, where would we be?



Today's Tids Issue 3,467
Opening Stuff:

I admit it, I’m a dreamer. I like seeing beauty in everything. And creating beauty that isn’t there. I like the idea of seeing magnificence; being able to accomplish anything that is imagined in my mind. I like the idea of being able to do stuff differently than commonly accepted -- Like perhaps, spelling. I don’t really worry much about details as long as the dreams are bright and bigger than life. If, I only get half of that, it’s a lot more than nothing. Alas some people would say I’m just Walter Mitty all over again. I have no problem with that at all. Uh oh, watch out for that dragon.

When I walk into an LL Bean store, I get the feeling that they have designed all of their clothes for me.

The most amazing, and scariest, thing about the Paris massacre was how well the murderers kept their elaborate plans secret. Since then, intelligence experts have gone back over thousands of emails and other communication’s records and have found nothing. The pros say that it is frightening that the potential terrorists are now technologically capable of communication without leaving  telltale signs.

Ben Carson has come up with a rather simple solution to the unabashed unlawful entry into the uSA by individuals from foreign countries: Eliminate the luxurious benefits to non citizens. It’s easier than building a giant wall, and it pays for itself. An added benefit of this plan is that those who continue sneak in illegally without the prospects of free stuff are more likely to be potential terrorists with another, even more destructive reason for illegal entry.

The Question:
Triple Q day! 1. What was the name of the Rock Hudson Husband/Wife TV detective series, and who played his wife? 2. Who is Claudia Alta Taylor? 3. What was the name of the TV Movie program that interrupted the thrilling finish of the 1968 NY Jets-Oakland Raiders football game to the ire of millions of fans. Bonus Too: A movie was made based on the Chicago murder of Radio talk Show host Alan Berg by two White Supremists. What was the movie. (Note, I didn’t say they were good, but there are three of them and a cool bonus!)

The Headlines:
--Russia Warplanes, Missiles Pound ISIS Stronghold In Raqqa Syria.
--Europe Stock Markets Set To Finish Best day In Months; World Military Stocks Rally..
--Russia Says The Destruction Of Their Plane In Sinai Was Caused By A Bomb.
--More Ohio Teachers Packing Heat On The Job.
--Blizzard Conditions White Out West.
--24 Governors Say No Refugees In Their States.
--Experts Tired of Obama Making Excuses For Inaction And Blaming ISIS On Past Presidents.
--Audits Of Clinton Amended Charitable Foundation May Point To Less Than Admirable Ethics For The Hill And Bill.

It seems to me that low-life Charlie Sheehan is making the talk show circuit rounds starting this morning to preempt the law suits that will probably come because of his allegedly infecting scores of woman with HIV. But, Hollywood will glorify their own and millions will claim him as a hero. Disgusting.

The Voice continued last night, and I was not entertained that much, so I had to figure out who was singing well. For instance, I didn’t particularly love Mad Davis’s  song, but she presented it beautifully with poise and professional ownership, and with an amazingly pure voice. Jordan Smith was good again, but frankly I liked his piano playing better than his voice. The strongest male singer, and maybe best overall, was Jeffery Austin who seems to overcome intense humility with perfect stage presence and powerful singing. I also liked a lot country girls Emily Ann Roberts and Shelby Brown. Experts liked Evan McKeel, but I found myself dozing. Braiden Sunshine is the classic example of a young female audience keeping mediocre “Cute Boys” going. And, he isn’t even cute. Zach Seabaugh may stay, but last night he proved that his voice is not so hot. Korin was made over and looked awful as a blond to these eyes. She’s just a nice kid, with talent and confidence limits, but was better when being heself. Now there’s Barrett Baber -- Barrett tried to be tender last night, but he just can’t stop from moving and blasting it out. I don’t know about him. Amy Vaachal is talented, but I’m tired of her Johnny one note performances. I personally like Mark Hood and I thought he was just ok last night even though he seemed to bring down the house. I think Korin will go.

I think the attraction of New York City is a myth created to help people living there to justify overpaying.

When walking around the streets of town listening to groups of woman 18 to 24 passing by, the most common phrase that causes the most giggles is “So Fun!”. It will be so fun to vote for Hillary!

Some people say that Obama can’t get anything done because of opposition in Congress and in the states. I say, the USA doesn’t bow to emperors.

The personality who I’m totally unfamiliar with, but who seems t be on the lips of just about everybody on the planet but me is Ronda Rousey.

A lot of people who agree with Obama blaming Bush For ISIS, forget that many bi-partisan experts say that the rise of al-Qaida was due to inaction by Clinton. How quickly people forget the past for than own benefit.

By the way, a Naval War College Expert says that he thinks al-Qaida maybe looking to do something big to gate back on the front pages.

While I can appreciate the magnificence of the new technology that goes into new cars, many functions were just better with “On-Off” switches and dials.

You know many kids don’t appreciate the economics of living when you see the way they abuse their $600 to $800 phones.

One of Obama’s big problems is that he is trying to run his presidency based on promises he made in another world 7 years ago.

The Parking Lot: Chapter 28 continues…
   Jeremiah stood strong under the watchful eye of his father, Mr. Howland, your family and mine came this way about the same time 50-60 years ago. . We both worked hard endured wars, and built our land holdings through good trading and loyalty to our fellow man. I have what I have and I am not disputing yours. But, people are arriving and we have to be aware of sharing our responsibility to them.”
   Howland took a step closer, “I will never share with you. Yours came from your becoming an Indian, marrying an Indian and having Indian children, We don’t need that kind of growing population.” He was now about a foot away from Jeremiah, who had not moved back an inch.
   He heard scraping of chairs on the wooden floor as the rest of the men retreated a bit from the anger. Jeremiah was about to open his lips, when William Howland shouted, I’m taking all of the land for myself, and with quick movement drew a knife, then pushed it in to Jeremiah’s side. The Hicks boy’s eyes widened, his hands moving to the wound.
  Richard and others rushed towards Howland restraining his arm before he could make another stab.
    The shouts and eventually the screams of Jeremiah were heard by the women in the house next door. They dropped everything running towards the noise and commotion. Elizabeth reached the room first. She stopped and gasped., seeing her Jeremiah crumpled on the floor. She flew across the room and lay across him as if protecting him from further blows.

The Answer:
1. It was McMillan & Wife and Susan St. James Sparkled as Mrs. McMillan. 2. Claudia was that Lady Bird who married LBJ. 3. “Heidi” became the most despised movie of football fans everywhere. While Timex was showing commercials the Raiders scored “Two” touchdowns in the final minute to win! Bonus: Betrayed was a pretty good flick starring one of my favorites Deborah Winger as an FBI agent falling in love with the guy she would bring down, Tom Berringer.

Have a wonderful day my friends. I can call you that, can’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment