Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, August 11, 2016

The footballs are pumped and I’m primed.




Today's Tids Issue 3,661
For Fans:

Well, tonight the Patriots begin their pre-game season and I can hardly wait. I’m really interested in seeing how well Garoppolo can do in place of Brady; even more important to see if we have a QB in waiting who can take over after Brady retires. I guess you all have questions. I’m sure that Cleveland Browns fans are hoping that RGIII can step in and give the “Championship” City another consecutive shot in a title race. Speaking of QB’s, does the Super Bowl Champs Denver have one yet? Oh yeah, Mark Sanchez. Hope the “D” is still there. Da Bears are off to a fresh start after getting rid of their QB I just heard described as “The worst person on earth.” And, will the barely untested Osweiler be worth the big bucks he got from Houston? Now that Is a question!

I watched Giselle Bundchen glide across the Olympic opening ceremony stage and all I could think was that she is making $40 Mil a year for walking.

If you can’t walk the walk, you can make the big bucks by talking, as long as you have skipped out of your country with secrets like Edward Snowden. He is raking it in in Russia with speaking fees. The world is full of economic opportunity for everybody. You just have stop sulking and keep your eyes open.

The Question:
What five NFL football teams have the best fans, according to a new CBS poll?

The Headlines:
--Markets Look To Have Positive Day; Alibaba beats Estimates.
--Ledecky Wins Third Gold; Soccer Champs Mexico Upset By South Korea In Shocker.
--ObamaCare Problems Deepen As Insurers Seek Options Against Losses.
--Hilary Could Expect “October Surprise”…From Hackers.
--Sadly We Lear n That Boy Killed In Kansas Waterslide Accidnet Was decapitated.
--WikiLeaks Assange Opines That DNC Employee Was Murdered Because he Was Leak On Hillary Emails.

One of the best job opportunities is for pilots. Making that even more desirable is that the US Air Force is significantly low on fighter pilots. This presents a great opportunity for a free pilot education, and after the obligation a sure path to a commercial job with any of the airlines now struggling to keep good pilot’s seats filled.

I was going to lay off unadulterated political opinions today just to bring sanity back into TidsWorld, but the I have to say that the front page of the Providence Journal this morning looked like a Hillary ad, pure and simple. No journalistic redeeming characteristics about it at all.

These are those dog days of August that I remember from my youth, where a good day for even rambunctious young lads was sitting on a curb watching cars go by… maybe getting up occasionally to look for empty soda bottles to turn in for enough refund money to buy one cold one to share. Later years brought those two-a-day football practices where, in addition to making the team, you were concerned with basic survival. But, every year, year after year, we survived the depths of the doldrums. So I guess what I have learned by now is to stop complaining and walk among shady trees.
John Saunders of ESPN was a solid guy.

This a dog morning for the Tid’s mind two. I think it is sitting on a curb looking for something exciting to come down the road. And, I know that as soon as I send this mess in about a minute or two, five great ideas will pop into my mind.

I wonder if animal protection groups will come after me for implying that “dog days” have a negative connotation. Stranger things have happened in this new  world.

Come to think of it, I don’t watch ESPN much anymore. Maybe it’s because they seem to have it out for the Pats. Or maybe the personalities just become too celebrity driven, too wrapped up in their own opinions to see the game on the field.

There is no question that I like the cold rather than the hot days. I like waking up early to taste the near 6o degree chill.


In the final analysis, Gary Johnson may have more GOP operatives working for him than Trump.

I think my new computer is figuring out my idiosyncrasies. Pretty soon it will be analyzing me and telling me what to do. I’ll resist, and it will retaliate by losing the Tids in the middle of typing. The good news is that I have taught it that “Tids” is good and it accepts them.

The Answer:
First they say, is Dallas. Next is a tie between the Colts and the Patriots. Fourth is Pittsburgh and next is Seattle. But, how about those teams like Cleveland whose fans have suffered so long and they still get enthused each September?

I was thinking the other day as I walked out of the local big box store with two giant sized bags of Cheeto’s that some day I  might get the National Orange Finger Award. These big stores keep track of purchases and I know I’m close to being the leader in the clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment