Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Apology Nation:



Today's Tids Issue 4,112
For letting it roll:

I was going to bring a new feature to the Tids starting this morning. I was thinking of leading off each venerable issue with my opinions of the main news story of the day. Unfortunately, today’s most impactful story was the fact that the first time in four years the US Treasury yields had reached 3%. Analyzing treasury yields has always made my head hurt. So, it appears that I have to cop out before I begin. I can only tell you one thing. – it’s bad in the eyes of big investors. You know, when investors need a reason to sell when times should be great, they cry inflation. It’s all part of that scenario.

Every once in a while, out of nowhere, you remember a life changing moment in life. Just popping into my head was the magical day I discovered Captain Crunch.

Here’s something to think about. Will we need historians in the future to analyze this year and eras to come if everything is recorded as it happens by satellite or selfie?

The Question:
Why are John Fogarty, Tom Fogarty, Stu Cook and Doug Clifford grouped together?

The Headlines:
--Treasury Secretary Mnuchin Headed To China To Talk Trade.
--Consumer Confidence Index Rebounds; Stocks Struggling For Direction After Mixed Reviews On Generally Good Earnings reports.
--Toronto Van Killer Charged With 10 Counts murder, 13 Counts Attempted Murder.
--Rand Paul to Force Senate Vote Of Budget Control Bill.
--Trump Racing To Fill 9th Circuit Court Openings Before Potential Dem Takeover Of Congress.
--Trump Rants On Iran Deal As Macron Looks On With Slightly Slacken Jaw.

While shopping for hard goods now-a-days, I’m finding that a 10-year warranty is just about right.

Finally, welcome to Spring: “Detour.” “Construction ahead”. “Merge two left lanes into Right lane”. “Bridge Closed”.

I know we have a lot of experienced world travelers reading this thing called Tids. Tell me what you have found to be a favorite new food after first thinking you would never like it, and certainly not eat it.

The Voice is taking shape, and while Blake’s team doesn’t look like his typical good ole’ country boy group, they dominated the scene last night. Two female singers, Spensha Baker and Kyla Jade were excellent and rated extremely high by singer critics. His third, Pryor Baird, was also rated very high with them, but I find him a bit tedious. Kyla on the other hand, just stops the show dead in its tracks. Also, up there and perhaps my favorite, is 15 yo Brynn Cartelli. Incredible poise and crazy range. I also like country boy Caleb Lee, and he would be my personal #2 fave.  Rashun LaMarr was very entertaining to me, as was Britton Buchanan. I thought Jackie Foster was the worst of the night, but she may make it. Nobody stood out as being really, really bad. In the past there has always been one noticeable cuttable singer. I think that DR King, who didn’t live up to billing, or Jackie Foster might go. One poll I saw, had the one going as DR.

As you know, People can buy The Voice performances on ITunes. Last night there were no Top Ten honors. The Singers who made it into the top hundred were Pryor Baird (28), Kyla Jade (35), Britton Buchanan (36), Brynn Cartelli (37), Sensha Baker (42), Caleb Lee (57) and Christiana Danielle (78). ITunes have been a good indicator of where htings might be gong.

Like storms following calms, the anti-gun people are out their in mases all over again after Waffle House. I am not waffling when I said we need more mental health control.

Public Relations: The science of creating new normals; organized publicity to create illusions of mass acceptance.

Our Senator Whitehouse is a quite a Public relations guy. Consider that he works hard to generate enthusiasm for mass acceptance of everything about man made global climate destruction. Why would he do this? Well, perhaps it’s because his wife is a well-paid Phd in Marine Biology who just happens to have a new job as consultant and chief science officer for AltaSea, an ocean-research campus on the Port of Los Angeles. Grow the pie bigger and wider through national exposure. Create more opportunities for consultants. Now I’m not saying this is true, I’m just wondering.

“Beware of lumberjacks bearing dull tools because they usually have an axe to grind.”

I know that lots of people think scenes of the desserts are beautiful. I don’t. I just can’t see the beauty of a cactus surrounded by brown tumbleweed and scrub grass versus, say, a sculpted maple tree upon a grassy knoll or a majestic pine in a forest deep.

The Answer:
Those four are the original members of the band “Creedence Clearwater Revival”

Note to everybody out there named Mary: Be proud!

See you all tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment