Today's Tids Issue 6,158
Easier to lift:
Boo! Scared, You should be. They’re coming. It’s October and thats when the ghosts and zombies and jangling skeletons creep around again, Where Jack-o-Lanterns grin by candlelight. Orange takes over as trees begin to turn, Orange red and amber if you live in the areas where the trees and bushes give up their green. And the cider mills create eth aroma and nectar, and apple picking is family excursion; cheers fill the crisp cool air as pigskins fly. October is passionate and full of warmth. But beware of the scarest of all -- pollution of TV with political commercials.
I dressed my dog up as a cat for Halloween. Now he won’t come when I call him.
There are sevcn basic tools dating back to prehistoric times and one of them is becoming a symbol of America – the Wedge. There has never been a nbetter time to heed the words of Abe Lincoln: “A house divided against itself cannot stand”. You know, a lot of people at the time thought Abe went way too far, was too radical, and he lost an election berceuse of that speech, But years later many feel it was that speech that eventually made him president. That they could not or would not undersatd his wisdom of the years before. Today so many politicians only get elected by insulting opposition, driving a wedge.., instead of creating an environment of help an collective understanding. Maybe civilization hasn't moved that much from prehistoric times either.
The Question:
What was the first Superhighway Ianthe USA? Bonus: In 1905.Henry Ford introduced the Model T. What did it cost?
The Headlines:
--Rising Bond Yields Once again Force Stocks Lower; Micron Earnings Sensatiional
--Execution Fails Twice; Lethal Injection has Murderess Christa Pike in Hospital; Tennessee Gov Lee cancels all Executions for the rest of Year to they Figure it Out.
--Trump Says He Regrets Appointing Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett to SC.
--Kristy Noem Files for Divorce.
--SC Says it will ReviewTrump Migrant Detention Policy.
Occasionally the media doesn't report much about a Trump event because they can;t find anything to criticize.
Time for a red face. The TidsPickers went a terrible 5-11 last week. Ugh. That brings us to 25-23 or a paltry 52%. All uphill from here. And the picks are tougher this week. The top games are Denver-San Fran, Jax-Cincy, LA Rams-Eagles and even KC - LV. But most of the rest are also “I-don’t-have-a– clue” games. The only pics I am confident on are Minn over Miami and probably Baltimore over Tennessee. Let's get back to those Contender games. A great game should be Denver-Niners and I’ll stay with San Fran. Denver is very good, but has holes. Jax and Cinny bring elite QB’s to the Field, Lawrence and Burrow, I'm liking Jax. They look crisp. The Rams and Eagles are big time teams that have stumbled, embarrassingly at times. LA is better and they really need the win. No stupid mistakes for LA tis week. KC looked like it had an easy win three weeks ag, but Vegas is the most surprising team of all. But Mahomes and Walker can't be stopped. Buffalo and New England looked like a big-time game until the Pats started looking pedestrian. It hurts, but I have to take the Bills. The Pats will play hard, but they don't have the players.
Moving on for the big finish, I am faced withsome huge puzzlers. Like Dallas against Houston – the Texas blowout. I'm not really liking Dallas but they will send Houston to 0-4. Hard to believe. The Jets a have been competitive but the Bears are really tough. I go Chi. Washington and Indiana looks like a nothing game with both losing QB’s. I think the Commanders have more. Greeb Bay has been basically awful but so has Tampa Bay. The Pack will win the Bay war. The Chargers really need a win, but is Seattle too good. I don't think teh Seahawks are as good as their ratings. The Chargers will not fall to 0-4. I hate the Atlanta New Orleans game but I give it to the Saints. The Giants can't score and they have a new QB, But Arizona has ben miserable. Another flip of the coin. I go Cardinals. Lastly, we have one of the truly great NFL rivalries, the Steelers and Browns. The Browns are showing us more than expected. The Steelers are sitll a bit of a mystery. I'm picking Pitt. This Pickums day could be a disaster.
On of the big controversies few are aware of is the invitation by Trump inviting Putin for a visit to his home during the G-20 and his Doral Golf Club. Non boidy likes the idea from Floridians to the Kremlin. The Dens will say Trump has gone communist or something outrageous. Somebody will always be against something.
,I was driving behind a black Wrangler yesterday. On the back it was written, “I’m the Black Jeep of the Family”. I smiled.
I get most of exercise from husking corn. And it is good for the soul too.
Tomorrow is one of my favorite monthly mornings. A bunch of old worn-out athletes of yore meet for breakfast and exaggerate our past heroics, It’s great for laughs.
Maybe we could someday go from the Wedge to the Lever.
The Answer:
It was a portion of the Pennsylvania Turnpike that first opened in 1946. Bonus: It cost $825
See you all tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment