Today's Tids Issue 6,161
Oops revisited:
\(Note: As you may have read, Microsoft went Berzerk yesterday and wouldn’t let me get back into Word to fetch my Tids. So below is anamalgamation of yesterday and new thioughts from today. What I find is that there is a lot of repetition going on.
When you think abou it, mayors of cities big and small should be all about finding a balance that serves the basic day to day needs of a broad spectrum of people living there, cultural institutions and businesses all faced with the same big city problems... and not at all about following a national party agenda.
I was thinking of watering my plants this morning but I was afraid the mist would turn to snow.
I'm a preservationist and proud of it. I would use saving historically significant buildings to stop a developer any day, Preserving the greatness of our past is a reminder of what it took to preserve the integrity of America over the years of conflicts. Developers always promise ot preserve the feel of a neighborhoods but in many instances rely and hack architecture to porjecta faux lanscape/
My poor knowledge of Greek mythology has always been my Achilles elbow.
The Question:
One of my early in life favorites Eva Marie Saint died yesterday at the age of 102. She was recognized for for Oscars but I got to know her and lik her in her first big TV show of 1949 and imto 1951. What wait?
The Headlines:
Treasury Yields Rise to 24 Year High; Dow Recovers from 500 Down Opening
--Paramount Finally Takes Over Warner Brothers; Company Employees Set for Paring.
--Yemen Children on Way to School Brave Snipers and Mortars.
Is Nasdaq really Booming or is it all just about NVidia.
America's new Favorite Convenience store chain is Mejer, Tied for second are Quick Trip, WaWa and Sheetz. Last years champ Kwik Trip fell to 3rd, tied with Murphy.
Loose lips sink countries.
The NYTimes headline yesterday was. “How to get more veggies into your diet.” I have plenty.
How come potatoes aren't veggies. Is it because they taste too good. Carrots, Beets, Parsnips, turnips, onions and more grow underground and are touted vegetables. I always keep a bag of potatoes on my lap while watching TV. I like the ripple variety best.
Does the rule of Double Jeopardy: apply to botched executions too?
The hot new car versions are the Hybrid. THey are more poerful than your grandfather's hybrid and people are really liking them. US manufacturers seem to have missed the boat on this trend. There are only two USA hybrids – the Corvette and one pick-up truck. The fourAsian Manufacturers have 36 Modiesl and all the German companies are building long lines across all models and brands. Time to wake up Detroit. And Tariffs won't do it.
Why are art collectors such big fans of gasoline? Because it makes their Van Gogh.
It would-be nice if we could move considered reactions away from violent reactions. We might get more listening done and solvee more problems
I am enjoying watching KC play football again.
The real estate taxes are dew. Is that because there is frost on the pumpkin. That wasn't funny.
The White House said that when in Nebraska Trump didn't actually say that “Iran could take out Los Angeles and San Diego and it would be a smaill price to pay for keeping the world safe.” But today videos were released showing he actually said that. Kind of creepy/. The best thing the President could do to keep the Repubs in charge of Congress is to stop talking. Seriously.
The senate sports bill raises the college spending cap by $27.5 million! That is added to the current cap of $21.5 million/ So Congress says colleges can now spend up to $49 million. Yikes. Th goal of academia is not to raise money for sports even though a reletove handful of gifted players will be super highly paid. Where are the non powerhouses schools going to find that extra chunk to compete. Eliminate labs. Drop science and English classes. Since Athletes don't find value in scholarships anymore, increase those for academic students/ You know, the essense of a university.
The Answer:
The Show where Eva was first seen nationally was “One Man's Family”.It began as a radio siory in 1932 and ran until 1959, The first TV version was in 1949. With Eva in that show was Tony Randall, Russell Thorsen, Marjorie Gateson, Jim Boles and several more actors of the dY.
I'm still sufferign form Computer annoyances. I'' outta here/
No comments:
Post a Comment