Todaay's Tids Issue 6,130
Under a blanket:
Well, I guess Prince Harry is bringing home the kids so they can develop a proper British Accent.
Warren Buffet several years ago on the National Debt "I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that any time there's a deficit of more than three percent of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election." He chuckled when he said it but was deadly serious about the meaning of what he said.
As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools.
The Question:
Who are the funniest comedy teams of all time?
The Headlines:
--Trump Promises Economic “DDay” To bring Iran to Peace Table; Oil Prices Rise
--Bressent Treasury Move stabilizes Bonds and Pushes up Bitcoin to Higher June Levels; S&P, Dow, and Nasdaq all lower; New Weekly Jobless Claim Lower than Expected.
--Russia Taking Advantage of Ukraine Air Defense Shortages; 15 Killed in Latest Raid Thre.
--Lower Sales Pushes Down Walmart Stock.
--Journalists More Interested in Natalie Harp than in World Chaos or Ballroom.
In America when a business fails, a CEO gets a golden parachute. In China, a Ceo is sentenced to prison for life. Hue Ka Yan, founder of the gigantic Real Estate property development company Evergrande will be in prison because his giant real estate development company through many fraudulent schemes failed and because of it shattered the order of China’s Socialist Market economy. In the US we bail out losers.
Speaking of national Debt, Evergrande was the most heavily indebted country in the world. Almost nobody got paid when it failed. So. What's a little debt, right.
Massachusetts is the state with the lowers auto crash rate. Next best is NY follwed by three tied for third – Rhode Island, New Jersey and Hawaii. Yeah, teh RI deathrate is low, but cars drive into homes and businesses on a regular basis. Do you smell pot? The most dangerous place to drive is Mississippi. The next four are Wyoming, New Mexico, South Carolina and Arkansas. Buckle your seatbelts.
Did you hear about the kidnapping at teh local elementary school? It's ok, he woke up.
I’d like to wake up and get some juice into the Tids. Maybe too much soft piano music yesterday took the zealousness out of my mind. But then, how many times can you comment on Trumpisms. You all can see it all for yourselves.
I haven’t seen any outstanding intelligent comments today about National Debt passing $40 Trillion yesterday. It has doubled since 2016. And it will grow at an ever-increasing rate. Interest payments are currently running at $1.1 Trillion, only exceeded by Socials Security payments and higher than the Military budget and Medicare. And it may be subject to the old congressional axiom answer. I'm all for cutting the budget except for my pet projects,
“Some debts are fun when you are acquiring them, but none are fun when you set about retiring them.” Ogden Nash
In my observation of local Dem candidates, I find the only thing they have to offer is “Stand up to Trump”.
Lindsey Graham’s sister and temp Senator didn't appear too senatorial at her debate when she said “Foreign Policy is not my Thing” in an answer about a Q asking if the US should be involved with Taiwan and aggression in the South China Sea. Whoops. Hypothetical: Russia just attacked Alaska but I’m not voting for response because it is not my cup of tea. Yikes!
In 20 years, I bet there's going to be a college course called eye contact
The Answer:
Everybody has I expect their own ratings but most will include Abbot and Costello, The Marx Brotehrs, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, Wilder and Pryor, Monte Python and today Key and Peele. I always thought Mike Nichols and Elaine May and Stiller and Meara were very funny. And how about Martin and Lewis. And don't forget Carrville and Matalin! Ok, think back and laugh your way out of the Tids.
You probably thought yesterday I was going to end the Tids with piano playing. Actually, I was but I couldn’t remember the name of the piece I wanted,
Here it is. Relax:
No comments:
Post a Comment