Today's Tids Issue 6.124
Weird is the new normal:
There was a heated debate last night between Dem candidates for RI Governor. I wouldn't vote for either one of them, but one of them will be our next Governor, and RI sluggishness will continue.
If we all succumb to writing with AI we have gained nothing but time to waste and lost the human spirit.
Stephen Wright always was on the fringe of oddities. Some how the world seems even odder all by itself. "I bought a self-learning record in Spanish. I turned it on and went to sleep, but the record kept skipping. The next day I could only stutter in Spanish. --Stephen Wright.
The Saint Jude tournament, the first leg of the FedEx championships is underway. They have some great match-ups this morning, most notably one and two in the world, Scottie and Rory. Mr. fidgity against Mr. cool. Actually, it will be interesting watching McIlroy today. He hasn't played in a while and the few last times he did he did not look good at all. I mean, he looked light years better than me, but in realm of greatest he was relatively mediocre.
Today is, "National Filet Mignon Day". I should have told you last month so you could save up enough money to enjoy it.
The Question:
Name five pieces of music from Otterino Respighi.
The Headlines:
--SpaceX Stock Spurts After Starlink Launch; Stocks Look Higher on Easing Rate Hike Fears; New Jobless Claims Rise to 2209K
--Social Security Recipients to Get raise in 2027 to Help Ease Effects of Inflation.
--Karoline Leavitt to Steo Dowto be with New Child and Family.
--Billion Dollar Power Ball Won by Single Ticket in Illinois.
--Josh Kushner and form Disney Head Bib Iger Buy LA Lakers for record $12.6 Billion.
--Trump Approved Kennedy Center Committee Agrees to Inscribe Trump's Name on Redo of Building by Adding: "Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump: Committee is Testing Courts.
--Court Dismisses US Antisemitism Case Against Harvard.
It's not even Halloween yet but the Prediction market now has Alexandra Ocasio Cortez as the leading Candidate to grab theDem Nomination for Prez in 2028; Think about the possibilities of that horror show for a moment.
Don't worry, "The Eclipse of the Century" will return next year in case you missed this one.
"I bought a self-learning record in Spanish. I turned it on and went to sleep, but the record kept skipping. The next day I could only stutter in Spanish. --Stephen Wright.
And the Winners are Texas Roadhouse, Cheesecake Factory and BJ's Restaurants. Yes, Wall Street is rotating out of wunderkinds Chipotle, Shake Shack and Wingstop. Will a retrun over all to relative conservatism on The Street become the norm in Septemevr. The move in this suddenly volatile world of suspect restaurants is to the saety of established chains owned by the bigs Darden, Binker and BJ. BTW, BJ's Restaurant broad menu casual food place is not related in any way to Costco competitor BJ's Wholesale operations.
5,000 sailors on the Aircraft Carrier Abraham Lincoln have been at sea for 250 days. Would you want to be living at their first port of call.
Japan is irate today after Putin visited one of the Kuril Islands, four islands claimed by both Japan and Russia. Most intelligent observers are agreeing that Putin is not winning Ukraine. So, what's next, Japan. NK soldiersare closer. Turmoil. There really isn't any reason for turmoil excrpt for egos of leaders who think it favors them.
Speaking of turmoil -- "I went on a picnic with my girlfriend. I don't know how she did it, but she got poison ivy on her brain. The only way she could scratch it was to think about sandpaper." SW
We got a little rain last night and the flowers are happy. Now I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder for waterusage police while I'm hosign them down early in the morning.
I love classical music but I do find that abit of it seems repetitious. But then maybe I'm not smart enough to understand why. Or mayeb it is juts like today, when a melody or sound gets hot and other composers jump aboard a new genre. "Hey, that Mozart kid has something going on. Count me in." Or something like that.
By the way. the Kushner involved inthe Laker's record $12.6B Purchase is not Ivanka Trump's husband. Josh is the younger brother of Jared, and he has made billions on his own saying he prefers not getting involved in the Trump machinations. Though he is probably happy Trump pardoned his father.
"My uncle was a small claims court jester." --SW
I'd like to offer something intelligent about the latest Isreal West Bank incursion, but I don't understand it.
The Answer:
Otterino gave us many lush orchestral delights. Pines of Rome, Church Windows, Fountains of Rome. Ancient Airs and Dances and The Birds are some of his more popular.
"I was in the supermarket the other day and I met a lady in the aisle where they keep the generic brands. Her name was 'Woman'." SW
I was going to end with Respighi's Ancient Airs and Dances Suite 2, but I couldn't find an orchestra performance I liked. So, I'm giving you something that maybe in the minds of 5000 sailors stuck on a boat for 250 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment