Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, August 10, 2026

Incidentals.

 


Today's Tids Issue 6,120 

Chocolate Chins: 

 

So, we are in the dog days of August. My question is, why would any dog like this weather? 

 

Today is a holiday in RI. It's the only state that still celebrates the victory over Japan in WWII. This week Newport RI holds the Black Ships Festival which commemorates the efforts of native Newporter Commodore Perry sailing into Tokyo harbor and opening Japan to western trade in 1854. And almost every year one of the delegates who has flown in from Japan asks, "Why is this state having a holiday today? And the Rhode Islander always answers, "Have you seen the view from Castle Hill?" 

 

I think my favorite snack event of all time was when finding the taste and eloquence of Annie's Hot out of the oven pretzels while running through airports. If you travel a lot from RI, you are always running through airports to make connections. And Annie is worth every minute of the anxiety and exhaustion. 

 

I wonder why Annie never thought to come up with a lien of pretzel rolls. 

 

 The Question: 

Today is National S'Mores day. How do you make a S'More? 

The Headlines: 

--High Profits from Taiwan's TSMC has Chip Stocks Surging; JP Morgan Sees Strong Gains Ahead for S&P. 

--Peace Talks Stall as Iran Continues to Hold onto Strict Demands; Israel Rejects US Gaza Peace Ideal  

--Buildings Collapse after 7.4 Earthquake in Columbia. 

--Infighting Expected from Repubs During August Recess; Trump Election Bill is The Stimulus; Despite Trump Advice, Miller is Locked in as Ohio Repub Candidate. 

--Pentagon and Admin Pursuing Defense Contractors to Speed up Replenishing Arms; Contractors say no Congressional funding and No Firm Contracts in Place to Guarantee Payment; Standoff. 

I can see people moving to areas across America to just to find a better home which they can afford. Until of course, demand starts pushing up prices in those areas too. I think I'm too old to move to Kansas.  

 

Right now AirBnB can resolve 45% of all customer requests uysing AI and without human interventions. And that is just teh beginning.  

 

I would never want to arm wrestle any deli employee who slices meat all day long, make or female 

 

When you think about it, considering all the possible complexities, airports are pretty easy to navigate. Unless some whizzbang traffic engineer decides to get more creative than necessary. 

 

I think basically the human population was doomed when TV shows like "Big Brother", "Bachelorette": became must watch viewing across society..  

 

Obviously, the death of a motorcycle driver is an immense tragedy  and I feel for the relatives left behind. But I alwsy feel sympathy for a car or truck driver who may have been innocently involved in the accindent and has to live with the death of another for life 

 

I think that White House ballroom thing is an unfortunate blot on the Washington scene.  

 

I got an email asking me to invest in Egyptian architecture. Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. 

 

Now after two losses to the lowly Athletics, a true Red Sox fan will throw in the towel for the rest of the season. Despite the heroic win streak, we have all seen too many losing Augusts.  

 

The Middle East problem looks anything but good today. That's why the stock market is on seesaw 

 

The Answer: 

You need Graham crackers, a chocolate bar like Herseys and marshmallows. Break the Graham cracker in two equal squares. Place a piece of chocolate one of the cracker squares. Put a marshmallow on a skewer and hold over flame rotating slowly to a golden brown on all sides. Place the marshmallow atop the chocolate and use other graham half to press together, Pull out skewer. Wait a minute for chocolate to melt. The rest is called smiling and eating. 

 

Today is also National Be Lazy Day. You can tell by this Tids! 

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment