Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 23, 2026

More important.

 


Today's Tids Issue 6,107 

Love is zinnias by a stone wall: 

 

I titled yesterday's Tids, "Shoehorning: because it reflects one of my pet peeves – today's society labeling people 100% People in the USA are not what politicians want them to be for voting advantages, It;s marketing premises use to create differences, exploit what may or may not be there. I am me and you are you. A blue-collar Dem can easily be conservative, and a cold Maga can have a warm heart. I look at people for who they are. Everybody doesn't see the world the same way you or do, and certainly the younger generation can't possibly understand why I enjoyed the 1940's and  50's without TV and without a phone. Yes we are all individuals, uniquely contributing to our small little worlds. 

 

I prefer being funny all of the time, but mischaracterization wears me down.  What do you get when you cross a polar bear with a seal? A polar bear,. Is that funny? Or, just another politcial comment? 

 

I slept half an hour later this morning. I don't feel any different. 

 

The Question: 

What are considered the most refreshing drinks? It's not Gin and Tinis. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Oil Prices hot $100Per/ 

--Markets Open Deeply Negative; Continued Fightinin Iran  Rising concern; Investors Reacting again to Increased AI Costs.  

--Tesla Profit Miss Disturbing; Cash Burn More Disturbing. 

--US Continues Strikes to Destroy Iran War Capability 

--Higher Fuel Costs Weighing on Profit Outlook for Airlines. 

 

 

Among the things that are so simple even a child can operate them are parents. 

 

Capex appears to be the new measurement standard in Mag 7 businessIt is just a hip way ot say Capital Expenditure which for instance would apply to building a new factory where the expense affects' more than the yert in which it was spent. It is now a way to look at the sizee of AI spending versus possible returns, when spelled Capex in news articles it feels like something new to the uninitiated like me until you realize it's just capital expenditures in a new font. 

 

Capex sounds like something you take to releave stomach gas.  

 

Being an expert in anything is always more about terminology.  

 

Alphabet seems to be magical these days based on profitability, and growth potential. But then Amazon looks pretty perfect to these amateur eyes.  

 

Yesterday DT said, "The US and Venezuela together control 62% of the global market, making the US independent from Hormus.. We don't need the Straiys, We don't need anything". I thought Venezuela was still an independent country.  That statement bothers me in several ways. 

 

Coastal authorities are holding their breath this weekend as the Great Newport Folk Festival begins on the Fort Adams peninsula and "Aquapalooza" opens at Potters Cove on Prudence Island. Therwill be boats aplenty going every which way on the Bay. Yeah, its Mid-Summer and there will be summer gatherings across the country. It's like the beginning of the end before thinking about back-to-school sales. The media will probably report the negatives of crowd behavior but overall people will be having fun.  

 

If somebody comes up with a good idea, somebody else will rise to oppose it. Just for the sake of opposing it. I see it all the time in communities, in states and in the Washington DC. And sadly, many in opposition don't really understand what they are opposing.  

 

Everybody this morning is picking up on that Tidlet I wrote yesterday about the escaped AI agent. You have to wonder how many pals these agents have in the high securiity sites like banks. "Hey Buddy, I just need to get in for a few seconds." 

 

Which is worse, artificial intelligence or natureal stupidity. 

 

Whether conservative or liberal when you talk to a person infected with an agenda you hear the same oft repeated talking points provided by each side. And you wonder, what does this person really think.  

 

Today looks like a good day to cut my fingernails. When you get older, there are some days better than others for all kinds of things that used to come easily. 

 

I've said a lot today about the declining aura of politics, But in truth, politics don't mean much to me anymore. I'm more concerned about good friends who are sick and fighting weird stuff., and the other thing. Over time, life has a way of focusing on what is really important 

 

I wish old fashioned mystery TV shows would become popular again. (Elsbeth tries.) You know, good catch the bad guy or gal story without the social engineering side stories.  

 

The Answer: 

The number one refreshing drink is lemonade. Next is Iced tea followed by Cocoanut water, Agua Fresca and infused waters (Cold water with hints of Cucumber, mint or basil). Do you think that Coke needs to shelve <"The Pause that refreshes". How things change when you aren't looking. 

 

The reason some politicians like to stand on their record is to keep voters from examining it. 

 

Stay tuned, tomorrow will be a happy, romantic and carefree. It will be tough restraining your enthusiasm waiting, won't it  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment