Today's Tids Issue 6,106
Slow Jogging:
I'm a state's rights guy. And even though I live in a state that does little right, I would never cede my options to be stupid to the federal government.
Today I got an offer from "Runner's World". How would I ever have gotten onto a list of runners?? Then I realized, maybe it's a political magazine.
Do you know how all those national sandwich chains make their sandwiches look plump? Lettuce. That's like Russian roulette.
The Question:
What are the US cities with the most 18th Centrury buildings?
The Healines:
--Markets hesitating Awaiting Earnings from Alphabet and Tesla.
--President Attends Deleware Dignified Transfer of Fallen Soldiers.
--Trumo Makes Deak with Saudi Aravbi fAllowing for develop,ent of Nuclear Power,
--NY's Mamdani Backs off threat to Arrest Netanyahu; We Don't have Authority, Mayor Says,
--
I have to interrupt this tids to watch the Red Sox tie the all-time consecutive team win record. The team that set the 1946 standard was a team of Ted Willimans, Bobby Doerr, Johnny Peskey, Dom Dimaggio, Pinky Higgins. Rudy York and more. I'm smiling. The all-time Major League record is held by the 1916 NY Giants with 26.
Here's the story that a lot of people are dreading to heare. OpenAI said an autonomous agent powered by its advanced AI models went rogue during this security test and triggered a hack that compromised the infrastructure of an AI startup called Hugging Face. In simpler terms, the agent escaped a controlled environment and reached the Internet and broke into the site. And this is technology basically in its infancy.
I just wrote a book on reverse psychology – don’t buy it!
Just a thought. Apple seems to be the safe haven tech stock. But has the price gotten too high. That is the question. I think it will hold. AI will be more robust in products to come, and the company won't have to invest millions like hyperscalers to participate in the promise of the future.
I'm basically into my era of eating to live. Living to eat carries too much guilt.
I think that one of the worst things that can happen to a human is to be forgotten.
I'm playing golf with a guy whose life is basically golf. I'd like to tell him there is a lot more to life, but he also has a bad temper.
Oscar Hammerstien wrote great lyrics and Richard Rodgers wrote great music to go with them. That's why their musicals keep on coming back.
I dressed my dog up as a cat for Halloween. Now he won’t come when I call him.
There are a lotof well organized scams around the transfer of Welfare money to communities. It's the human rule: Where there is money, crooks will find a wahyto get it.
The International Criminal Court threw the book at Netanyahu, issuing arrest warrent for crimes against humanity. And it did not mince words. I don't know how they judge international crimes that result from war or conflicts, but it was obvious fromthe way news a=was reported that Israel had trouble sorting out Hamas from Gaza people.
The Answer:
Annapolis Md is the top of the list followed by Philadelphia, Newport RI Charleston SC and Williamsburg Va. So, if you feel the itch to go back in time in a delightful way, roam the streets of these cities.
So after waxing eloquent, I guess I'll have to play a piece from Rogers and Hammerstein, right. I always enjoyed this one. When I heard the pathos in it in the fifties, I couldn't have realized I'd have a good grandson working the waters around midcoast Maine.
--
No comments:
Post a Comment