Today's Tids Issue 6,151
Big Yellow Moon:
I fell, I mean it’s Fall. And fell in love with the cooler days and stready breezes. There has always been something special about fall until the introduction of the ubiquitous Pumkin Spece madness. But I'll take the tall grasses fading to tan and the Montauk daisies blooming again. I'll take the longer shadows and crystalline skies. Happy Fall everybody! (Well, at about 5PM EDT this evening.) Feel it.
It's a big day at the UN with Trump on tap to talk about myriad concerns of the world. The other countries are interested in climate change, global economics, the oil issues, escalating war in Iran and the never ending war in Ukraine; wars all around in Gaza, Sudan, Congo and Miramar; the growth of AI and how it could affect global stability. There's plenty ot talk about. Lets hope we don't wander away from the focus.
I and people in my age range are from the so-called “Silent Generation”. We are of parents who went from the roaring Twenties to be hammered into the great depression and onto sacrificing for the WWII effort. We were imbued with a sense of caution and conservatism; a sense of responsibility. So, we tend to look at succeeding generations as different to ours and wonder why; what are the motivations. I believe that our youthful experiences is a good thing. Yet I understand that so many today are influenced by outside pressures entirely different than what I inhaled in my formative years. Yet fundamentals of living should be consistent through generational change. So basically, I'm saying I know I have outrageous opinions at times because what impacts daily lives today is different than what impacted mine. And I try to understand. But I'll always believe that the mindset of litter bugs reflects a basic defect in the new society.
I was on a whiskey diet. I immediately lost three days.
The Question:
Who do you think are considered the Tem Best Comic Strip Mothers?
The Headlines:
--UN Open gor Business today; Trump and Macron to be main Speakers.
--Trump says He has “Choices” Make; “Make a Deal or Annialate Iran”; He talked about the Importance of AI, His Triumph in Venezuela;
--Markets Flummoxed early After Strong Monday; Nas Recovers But Dow Loses.
--Trump Officials Knock 750,000 off of ACA (ObamaCare) Citing Fraud
--Lithuania Bulking up Defense Fearing Russia Attack.
--Crypto Bouncing Back.
--White House Launches “Trump TV” to Repalce Network Pool.
--Americans More Concerned over Weaponized “Arch”.
--El Nino Hits Record Highs; California Declares National Emergancy As fears of Overwhelming Flooding Arise.
Remember when Kaleidoscopes were dazzling, instantly creating dramatic colorful designs. And you couldn't photoshop what you saw.
Parents are beginning to revolt against spending big bucks for kids' first birthday parties. Yes, it is the latest trend in social competitiveness aggression. Good-bye Chuckie's Cheese, hello DJ’s, Party Tents, Chefs and photographers and big bills up towards $20K to thrill a one year old who would smile sunbeams at Gitchy-Gitchy-Gio. And there is a growing trend where food banks have trouble keeping inventories stable.
I bought the world’s worst thesaurus yesterday. Not only is it terrible, it’s terrible.
My first experience with culture shock? Probably when I peed on an electric fence.
“Trump TV”. That sounds like something the Kremlin would think of. God help us.
There seems to be a lot more injuries in the NFL l these days. The Pats lost six on Sunday and last night the Giants lost their QB and number one receiver. Everyday you seem t read about somebody somewhere going on IR.
There are too many people these days who are adept with an ability to make deceit appear noble.
There’s a lot of news out there today about how severe “El Nino” appears this year. I wish I knew more about it.
So, the big business deal today is the agreement between AG’s of States and the Paramount/Warner Brothers Combine. It was all about Unions wnating more movies and TV episodes produced in the US. And the number of movies produced each year. I usually find deglitzified movies produced outside the US more to my liking.. But then, I'm pf a different generation.
Last Year's MVP Matthew Stafford of the Rams looked liek an MVP last night. On Sunday, the runner up MVP Drake Maye, didn't.
Some of the best days are taking the time to call old friends.
Russia seems to be on a mission ot intimidating old friends. Putin seems to be playing games with neighbors and former adversaries. It's kind of weird even as Ukraine launches attacks deeper inside Russia.
I hate Russian dolls. They are so full of themselves.
I think Trump is right when he says the country that controls AI controls the world. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be cautious.
Meanwhile, there is an election in 42 days. Congress is in the balance. I've been checking a lot of polls, and honestly, it is hard to project a winner. Two conclusions are that the Repubs will Outspend the Dems, but the Repubs have to overcome the growing anti Trump factor. There are other intrinsic problems in the country, but emotions often carry the day. Where will the independents go?
In the last week celebs Hayden Panettiere (36) and Presley Gerber (27) lost their lives to drug overdoses. Beating drugs is the war that must be o own.
The Answer:
Number 10 is Thelma Keane, (Fam Circus). Going up to One we have at 9 Calvin's Mom (Calvin and Hobbs, Nancy DeGroot (Luann)., Alice Mitcherll (Dennis the Menace), Connie Duncan (Zits), Ellie Patterson (For Better for Worse), Andy Fox (Foxtrot), Wanda McPgerson (Baby Blues), Mammy Yokum (Lil Abner) and Number one, Blondie. There are others like Mama in a strip of that name and of course Lois Flagston of Hi and Lois, Lois being Beetle Bailys Sister. There's of Hagar the Horrible’s wife Helga. Mother of Hamlet and Honey. I should have saved this Q for Mother's Day.
Happy Fall, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y:
No comments:
Post a Comment