Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Ice glistens.

 


Today's Tids Issue 6,143 

We didn't know: 

 

Politicians will do the absurd to stay in power. 

 

Providence, a historic place neath the Eastern sun.  

But now a social democrat has won. 

Will this Mayor and polices frightening. 

Cause a hopeful future to be undone. 

 

Does any piece of music better describe the emotions of love for a country than Finlandia by Sebelius  It make you wish you were Finish.. 

 

I'm having a salty snack dilemma. I like too many of the orange fellas from varied suppliers and have trouble making decisions evening rolls in.  

 

I titled this "Ice Glistens" wondering how many people would react with vengeance for saying something like that. Of course, i am talking about arctic beuaty of Finland and Norway It's amazing how you have to be careful about what you say completely innocently these days. Too many people jump to wrong conclusions 

 

The Question: 

What s the Bayeux Tapestry? 

 

The Headlines: 

--European Central Bank Raises Interest rates to Slow Inflation, 

--Stock Exchanges in Negative Territory in Early PMBond Yields and Oil Prices Moving Stocks lower; Producer Prices Come in Hot, But at Expactations 

--Trump Says that iA Republican Congress is Elected Every American Adult will Get $5K; Dems say it is a Bribe for Votes and Ploy of a Loser; Treasury Bond Market Senses Uncertainty as Gift Violates precepts of Fiscal Discipline. 

--SC Once Again Rejects Trump rawn Missouri Repub Advantage map.  

--Yemen's Houtis Seize Strategic Red Sea Port of Mokha. 

 

Are you ready... It's TidsPickintime. I missed starting picks yesterday but probably would have gone Seattle. They won close one because NE's QB darling Drake Maye made rookie mistake. Seattle has a tough "D". So tonight we have a big one with San Fran against all the expert's favorite LA Rams. I'm going Niners. Frankly at this start of the year most games are toss-ups in my mind. So, the first order of selection strategy is to dismiss teh hype. The ultimate hype game is Giants and Dallas because writers like them forgetting it was 14 years for Giants and 30 years for Dallas success... I'll pick Dallas. Another super matchup is Denver KC. Is Mahomes ready? I'll go Bronco D. I'm wrestling with Buffalo and Houstin, It is a tossup. I like Allen to outplay StroudBut it will be close. Also, of interest are a couple of rival games -- Washington Philly and Green Bay-Minn. I'm going Philly and GB. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Cleveland, but I got to pick Jax, a team on the rise. I've never had a soft spot for The Jets, and I still don't – But they will beat Tennessee. NO versus Detroit isa puzzler, but I go for a Lions' resurgence. I love Joe Burrow of Cincy. But is Tampa Bay a better all-around team. Maybe, but I'm going Bengals. Baltimore has the great QB, but I think Indy is better all overAh, Atlanta, the Mystery team. And Pitt with a new coach following the institution, Mike Tomlin. And Aaron. I'll take Atlanta. Even the rst are tough picks. I'll take da Bears over Carolina, Miami over Las Vegas and LA Chargers over Arizona and Cross my fingers. Hey, that Seattle Crowd is a 12th man on the field. Maybe Patr should protest. 

 

The Multiple Job Holding Public is on teh rise and even more significant the fastest rise is among the higher middle class earners.  Going to concerts and weddings isn't cheap. 

 

But Edvard Greig's Piano Concerto in A Minor also does a real good job of describing the majesty of Norway.  

 

Providence RI elected Social Democrat for Dem Mayor candite. He is a 26 yo planted SD. The city lost a h good guy who saw the whole city and all the people in it. RI Dems also deemed a social issue only AG as their candidate. What happened to leaders who at least give the appearance of understanding the needs of all people and not just those supporting an agenda driven platforms, Has Maga Fertilized the regrowth of the far left ideology again?  

 

I didn't have a need for a folding phone when Samsung brought out theirs in 2019 and certainly don't see me changing my mind to by Apple's at about $2K. No wonder the middle class had multiple jobs.  

 

It seems to me that chain restaurant operationare dumping locations on a daily basis.  

 

It also seems to me that a small plane crashes somewhere on a daily basis. Or else the news media just looks for tragedies,  

 

That big story yesterday was about the potential for AI to kill off humanity in a decade/ Watching some of the stupid tricks of everyday humans, we are quite capable of killing off our selves woth no ourside help. 

 

By the way, AI innovator Anthropic reports today that it blocked possible efforts to build biological weapons. Holy organic garden, Batman. 

 

There's always something... Apple is said to be introducing a smaller foldable phone in a year. That concerns Wall Street as it my impact negatively sales of the"Duo" phone just introduced 

 

The Answer: 

No, it isn't a a wall hanging in a swamp cabin south of New Orleans. It is a remarkable piece of art measuring 70 feet long by 20 inches high visually depicting the events leading up to the Battle of Hastings where the Normans under William the conqueror defeated King Harold and the Anglo-Saxons, thus claiming England. It is actually an embroidery describing the events between 1064 to 1066 when Harold breaks his oath upong teh death of his Brother-in Law King Edward the Confessor. It is currently on display in London and people are clamoring to see it,  

 

All the clowns are not in the circus. 

 

Why not indulge ourselves in soft music to smother the concerns of last night's election results: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

\ 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment