Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, September 25, 2026

No meat.

 


Today's Tids Issue 6,155 

Just three more: 

 

The storm clouds are rising here, and the wind is begnning to howl, but what we saw of the big meeting between Xi and Don was tepid. A smidge of trade relief was poffered, and of course there were pandas. We learned of a a menu and glee over a helipad and a little about the inside of Marine one. We heard that Xi was looking for a reduction of US support for Taiwan, but no clear answer was coming. We are sure they spoke of AI and Oil from Iran. The biggest news was there was no red meat on the menu that featured velouté of sweet yellow squash, earthy wild mushrooms leading to the featured sesame covered sea bass with roasted garden eggplant, I probably would have left early avoding the dessert of honey iced cream with walnut frangipane and sour cherry confit. But what really happened? 

 

Well, it's the 25th of September and that means there are  only 91 days left for Christmas shopping, But don't forget to load up on Halloween yard decor first.  

 

There seems to be a calm. 

The greying skies, 

Before the surge, 

The fierce winds, 

The driving rain. 

And suddenly, it ends; 

We feel the sun again, 

 

The Question: 

I go into shoe store now and all I see are white sneakers and soft top casual shoes, But i like brown leather for casual and relatively fancy. That reminded me of Detective show in the 1979-80 TV season. What was the name of that show in th “Shoe” in the title, and who were the two lead actors.  

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Strong to Close the Week. 

--SC Allows Federal Voter Verification System for Midterms. 

Mortgage Rates hit over 7%; House Sales Slowing, 

--IPOs for Anthropic and OPen AI Cosidered “Wildly” Over Valured, Say Analysts. 

--Zelensky Says Russia Has Widened Attacks to Hot Data Centers. 

--Observ=vers See US REady for ar in Cuba.  

--100’s of Thousands Turn out in Paris to See Pope. 

 

You have to wonder if Red meat was missing from the big Xi Fest because beef prices have become too high? Yup, just a bunch of regular Americans watching their pennies. 

 

A local successful brewery is making plans to expand their entertainment offerings as beer sakes slow, The oldest family owned winery in Cal (1858) just filed for bankruptcy, It is expected many will follow and even mighty Gallo is closing wineries. So, what is cutting into the alcohol sales, legal cannabis or a move to heathier lifestyles? Or was there just too much wine on shelves and too many craft breweries dotting the landscapes.  

 

There is nothing healthier about new drugs easily obtained by kids. Many like Kraytom, Phenibut and Tianeptine are sold legally in Convenience stores at gas stations, Other are High-Potency THC Edibles. Also in danger zone are prescription AHDH type drugs and OTC drugs for motion sickness, sleeping and coughing.  It's tough on parents. And much tougher on kids who don't understand it all. Why are some of these potential killers and maimers legal at all or not harder to buy?  

 

Bob Petit was a joy to watch play basketball even when he was beatngthe Celtics. 

 

I'll never look good at banquets because I'm a fussy eater.  

 

With the intro of streaming, switching back and forth between the Red Sox and Thursday nigth football has become an ordeal, Remember when things were easy.  

 

The Fox show “Best Medicine” is another classic show form England (Doc Martin) becoming a bad show in Amercia. 

 

I see where Meta is coming out with so-called cute and cuddly AI agent. The idea is that cute and cuddly will encourage real people with this the agenst to help with tasks more often. I have agents aways asking, “What can I do to help?” And I always answer, “I haven't  the slightest idea.” But what mdoing itheeh objective of all of this rapidly growing population of Agents... get people hooked on being helped, And people will have it do things for them. I repeat a quote from MIT anout teir students: “Cognitive Surrender.” 

 

But, the momentum is there for AI and it ain’t going to stop. Let's see if they like the word “Ain’t”. 

 

There really are no NCAA football games this weekend that tittlelate my senses. Some of those that may be relevant about something are Oregon v USC, Notre Dame against state rival Purdue, Georgia v Oklahoma, Florida v Ole Miss, and perhaps Tennessee v Texas. Louisville seems popular so far this season. But playing Wake this weekend doesn’t sound that  interesting. 

 

The Answer: 

I enjoyed the show but the audience for it dwindled fast ,It was “Ten Speed and Brown Shoe” starring Ben Vereen and Jeff Goldblum.  

 

I hope the storms and weather dysfunctios whereever you are wonmo ild amd forgiving.  

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment