Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 17, 2026

It feels like Friday.

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 6,148 

Colors in the Sky: 

 

You never know... but now the market loves the rate hike because they were really worried about inflation. At least today, they are. So, maybe we’ll merrily recoup some of the losses of the past week. Lets hope it continues through tomorrow so we can smile into the weekend. 

 

Interior decorators are saying Grey is out”! So I guess I'll have opt dye my hair so I can fit in.  

 

If you tune into a NFL or college football game you learn more about Draft King, Fan Duel, Kalshi and others enticements than you do about who is playing on the field. All the major sports leagues are bannding together to urge regulators across all the states to come down hard on all Sports Book businesses than don’t ban abusive gambelers from betting. Apparently threats against players, officials, coaches and others in sports are becoming a serious probelm, often turning aggressive with criminal intent. Now teams in all the major sports have formed a conserted action designed to bean potentially dangerous losing gamblers. The message to Sports BooksTake action or lose your license to operate in the state. 

 

When people tell me, “You’re going to regret that in the morning,” I sleep until noon. I’m a problem solver. 

 

The Question: 

Peter Max died yesterday. He was everywhere in the late 60’s early 70’s amd influenced the psychedelic art look everywhere including in advertising where I was working. Who were his contemporaries of the era.? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets to Open Much Higher and stay there. 

--Trump Threatens EU with Tariffs If they Include Canada; EU Welcomes Canada.  

--Coinbase CEO Brian Ar,strong slams Congress for not Passing Clarity Act.  

--AT UK AI Summit King  Charles Warns of AI Falling into Wrong Hands. 

--Speaker Johnson says He did noShut Down Congress Early Because Rep Massey Brought Impeachments Charges Against Hegseth.  

-- 

 

Don’t you tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon. 

 

Did you see that headline About King Charjes worrying about AI getting into the wrong ma hands. From what I have been reading, it seems AI will go to whatever hands it wants to.  

 

The ole TidsPickers started out quite strong but faded quickly after the late games and Monday night. 9-7 isn't exactly going to make it easy to get us to 75% I have to go Buffalo tonight, The lions are tough, but the Bills look improved this year and they still have Josh.. The toughest matchups are Cinn-Houston, Pats-Steelers, Bears-Vikes and Denver-JaxThe Pats-Pitt game looks like a make or break game for my beloveds, and I think they will win it with D. Houston has the ability to beat naybody, but Cincy seems to have put it togetherI’ll stay with teh Bennies. and sweat a lot. The Vikings surprised last week, but the Bears are better. The other war is Jags versus Broncs. Debver is mad but Jax played so well. This is really a tough pick. I’ll stay with Jags and probably regret it. The Green Bay-Jets is another possible toss-up game mainly because GB looked bad last week. But I’’ll take the Pack to bounce back even though the Jetsoalmost looked like they knew what they were doing. 

 

Ok, some easy picksSan Fran will have no problem vs Miami. The Eage\les will also have  a good day against the Titans., And unfortunately for my friends in Cleveland, I got ot pick Tm Tampa Bay. Seattle will have no problem with Arizona, though there is the Darnold question. I like the LA Chargers to bounce back against Las Vegas, though the Raiders are stronger now. In regional rivalry game I like Carolina over Atlanta. I thought KC looked like much improved team and how about that Walker! Is Kelce still dancing at the MSG. They will take Indy. Washington and Dallas looks like a close matchup, but Dallas is just still missing something. Another intriguing contest is Baltimore and  New Orleans. I’ll pick the Saints in an upset. Lastly we have Monday night with the LA Rams aaginst the Giants. The Rams will get a good night's sleep and bring the New Yorkers back to earth 

 

A diamond is just a lump of coal that did well under pressure. 

 

 

Chase Eliot needs a really high finish this week, first preferably, to get back to repectability in the Nascar Cup Series Standings. He is a popular and capable driver but has been slipping down the standing lately. Does Hendricks still have teh magic? Tyler Reddick who started like a wild men this year is now at 5. In case you are a Nascar fan, the top ten are Hamlin, Larson, Bell, Blaney, Reddick, Gibbs, Logano, Briscoe, Hocever and Wallace. Yeah, Chase Elliot who was in the top five most of the year is now eleven 

 

Aren’t people who threaten others to get their way or something., extortionists? 

 

With swordfish there is a fine line between perfect and cooking too long.  

 

Complexities bother me more, but then I generally learn that most things turn out ok when it’s all sorted out. Worrying sucks. 

 

When I need something from my kids I threaten to read my ancestry lineage to them. Is that extortion? 

 

The interest rate increase could statr to slow inflation, but it could also cause a slowdown in the auto business and in home sales. That is if people pay attnetion to their budgets. 

 

Are you unhappy? Are you alone? Fear not, the light is always on for you in the fridge. 

 

The Answer: 

Contemporaries of Psychedelic artist Max were Andy Wahrhol, Roy Licktenstein, John Miro, Leroy Neiman and even Dali. Throw in Jasper Johns and Jackson Polloch. Others were Stanley Mouse, Victor Moscoso and Heinz Efdelmann. It was quite the era for astounding art differentiation 

 

And even the Beetles went a full Peter Max with this album: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment