Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, September 28, 2026

It’s gone somewhere. o

 


Today's Tids Issue 6.155 

Zip it: 

 

Thoughtfulness. Consideration of other's feelings. General rudeness. I’ve been harping on that lately. This weekend Scottte Scheffler the world Number on Golfer thought the same. He berated a rude shouter in the gallery at the President's cup matches yesterday, He thought it a thorughless rude atttack on his opponent. It detracted from the courtesy Americans should be showing for guests to the country and respected competitors. Many in the golf scene feel there is too much bitteress out there. And it shows up even more lately in international events. And frankly it appears reflective of a new attitude in society as a whole. BTW, on that hole, ,Scottie conceded a 32 foot putt to make up for bad manners.  

 

The big Nor’Easter, or should I say Bore’Easter came last Friday and it is still here. We had some big gusts and 13-19 foot waves, and rain, plenty of rain, But in reality it was just a long rainstorm that settled in, like we have had in the past. It will look awful on TV tonight/ 

 

A dictionary without pages is meaningless. 

 

I was reading Stephen Wright this morning. It made me think that there are just so many hits available, so the Red Sox are probably saving them for the playoffs and not using them in meaningless year end games.  

 

The Question: 

Every once in a while you should go to a window, look up and smile. Why? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Open Lower b as AI Questions Persist and Iran War Flares.[ Yields Jump Again. 

--NVidia Adds $150 Bill to Largest Stock Buyback Ever. 

--Musk SpaceX’s Starship in Orbit. 

--Houthis Continue to Battle for Control; of Yemen 

--Five Arrested Outside UK’s Fairford Base Site for US Air Force’ Terrorist were Citizens of London.  

--Madonna and Taylor Swift Shine at VMA’s. 

--China Sais\d to be Fast-tracking the Buildout of Data Centers. 

--NVidia Says it has developed Safeguard Against Runaway AI Agents.  

 

Communism has been proven to not to work for the good of people. Dogmatism doesn't either. Countries, especially America, are much too diverse for single concept leadership. 

 

The Baseball playoffs start tomorrow, One of the biggest advantages is all of sports is being the number One Wild Card. It gets to play all three games at home. I think something should be done about that. Hah! Home-Away-Home. 

 

Donald Trump and Dario Amodei had dinner last night. Even though Dario runs the most advanced and very innovative AI company Anthropic, he and Trump are on opposite ends of the discussion. Amodei knows the problems and advises caution and slowdown. Trump says full speed ahead. At least the discussion would be red meat. I’d have loved to be the fly swimming in the glass of water.  

 

My beloved Pats looked absolutely dreadful yesterday. But I'm sucking it up to get out this mess. BTW, the Browns c look like they could become like the surprise Pats of last year. 

 

What is Kalshi saying about runaway AI agents? There's got to be some predictions about that, like Kim Kardasioan marrying an AI Agent. Good for ratings, she says. Frankly, there is a lot of inuendo out there about AI. And real things that appear dangerous are occurring. So, a lot of people know a lot more than even what is being reported. So predicting anything is perhaps considered move. Bill Gates who warns about it says in later phases it will be an amazing boon to society. But in the worng hands it could be very destructive.  

 

Just imagine, if Stephen Wright was negotiating something with Donald Trump. It could be very funny.  

 

As we approach October, classical music stations begin playing “Night on Bald Mountain” I find it to be an annoying piece of music. But the announcer thinks he is clever. 

 

Blockbuster movies are doing well this year. Theaters are happy again. But the ratings for NFL are down. Except for Thursday Night on Prime, which is up. Much of the lower number is due to a very poor opening week, down 19%. Streaming, while not widespread here, does tend to confuse the habits of long-time football fans. And there were some lackluster matchups to begin the year. Or, perhaps most peple were at movie theaters. 

 

What will the stock market be like when Retail traders start using AI for just about everything. I shudder to think of the potential chaos. 

 

I think I have read everything Stephen Wright has ever said. So I won't repeat it.  

 

The Answer: 

You never know when a satellite is taking a picture.  (Inspired by Stephen Wright.) 

 

I was thinking I would end this with one of my favorite songs, but I don't want to get tired of it. 

 

The sun may come out tomorrow.  If I had the optimism of Annie I would have said, “The sun’ll come out tomorrow.” 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment