Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, March 10, 2012

What Solar storm.

Today's Tids (#2,549)
Written 3/8
Opening Stuff:



For a pedestrian electronics guy like me, the big news about the just announced "New" Hi Rez IPad is that you can now buy IPad 2 for $399.

There's more to Rhode Island than an out of control public employee pension plan Department:
Why would anybody move to Rhode Island? To win PowerBall, that's why! So, to make it easy for everybody to have a good chance of attaining instant wealth, I'm starting a new Web Site: http://www.sendmeyourmoneyandi'llbuyapowerballticketfor10%ofthepot.com. Oh yeah, RI is also filled with beauty, surrounded by a magnificent ocean, is loaded with history and has some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

If somebody said to me, "Quick, who is your all time favorite athlete," I could easily answer Roger Staubach. If I thought about it for a moment I'd add Carl Yaztremski, Bob Cousey, Ben Hogan and of course Bobby Orr. If I reached down a bit I'd go to Pee Wee Reese, Dom DiMaggio and Carl Furillo. And I'm probably forgetting 2-3,000 other faves.

The Question:
Peyton Manning is identified with the Indianapolis Colts, but it appears his career will end elsewhere. Three other greats -- Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Joe Montana -- were and are identified with their original teams. Name the teams and where did each of these Hall-of-Famers end their career?

The Headlines:
--The Effects Of Solar Storm Miss Earth.
--Congress Wrestling With Syria Dilemma.
--Wall Street Brighter As Greek Swap Takes Shape.
--Kofi Anna Rejects UN Intervention; He Says, "More Force Could Make Things Worse."
--Household Debt Rises For First Time In 3 1/2 Years.
--Israel Seeking Arms from US.

American Idol: I am definitely being entertained this year. First -- This Jessica Sanchez is an amazingly mature singer with a great voice that is expressive and shows humor and humanity. Before looking for the winners and losers, thee are several singers who bring something different to the show and should be kept just for entertainment value. Phillips, Skyklar, Erika, Colton and d'Andrea are a handful that come to mind. There are other good singers, but these bring more than a good voice, the extra something that makes a show like this more interesting. Last night, I had trouble seeing all of the negativity expressed by the judges about Shannon. I thought Elise and missed it, and Jimmy Rosado gives me nothing. My favorite performances were Colton Dixon and EVP. I like Skylar too. I thought Phillips was fun, but couldn't really hear his voice. My guess is that the bottom three will be unfortunately Shannon (I think she can grow), Elise and Rosado. My early guess to win it all -- Colton Dixon.

Some world leaders are saying about Iran, "Actions speak louder than there words." That's exactly the same way I feel about President Obama.

This Iran thing is a conundrum if there ever was one. Satellites have just observed Iran cleaning up nuke experimental evidence just as they saying for the benefit of the US and others, "Let's talk". Other sources say they have recently tested a nuclear trigger. There is word among those who know that China is delivering missiles to Iran which could carry war heads to the US Mainland in 3 years or less.The Prez wants talk, and the Israelis are fearful for their very existence. Panetta wants to talk to the UN and congress is saying, "What about us?".

We have to stop with all of these memorials around the National Mall. There's a lot of discussion now about an Eisenhower 4 football field large memorial. I mean I like Ike. Who didn't. But you have to stop with these precedents, or some day we'll be forced to add Clinton and Obama.

After enjoying the best efforts of a decent restaurant, I find that upon coming home, the handful of Ruffle's potato chips is just as tasteful and satisfying. I guess I'm not much of a gourmet. Actually it's a lot cheaper not to be a gourmet.

The Lie of the Week Department:
On the Indianapolis podium yesterday, the day before the Colts would have to pay Peyton Manning $28,000,000, owner Irsay said "It isn't about the money.". Meanwhile Manning all class stood and thanked the fans.

Almost Near: Chapter 64 continues. --Tucker had ordered a couple of on-demand movies for the kids who were no in the bakc bedroom of the suite laughing and kidding each other, nervously in anticipation of seeing mom. "Everything Ok in there!". Tucker yelled from his perch at the front room window opposite Samantha's Hotel.
Within a half hour, he saw what appeared to be an unmarked police car, pull under the portico at the other hotel He sharpened his eyes. The driver door opened and that Detective Sparrow jumped and went to open the curb side rear door. "My, my", Tucker said to himself, "Look what we have here. Two for the price of one!" He watched Audrey get out and look around the area. Her eyes seemed to look into his as she made the 360 degree scan." She's a smart one he thought. I should have taken care of her when I saw her last week. I guess I'm getting soft. "I'm sorry Audrey, I really liked you. But you should know it's all about Samantha. You always called her my girlfriend."
"Can we go out to eat tonight? Who you talkin' to in here anyway." The girl looked around the room. Tucker looked around at s Sheila, and then bakc down at the hotel entrance. Samantha had gone in but Audrey and the detective were talking. This kids knew Audrey. "Why sure my firned. He quickly moved toward sthe girl and ushered her into the room. "So where do you guys want to eat."
"When are we going to see our mother?" Rebecca stared at Tucker with Rudy's eyes.

The Answer:
Unitas, Namath and Montana will always be known as the QB's for Baltimore Colts, NY Jets and SF Forty Niners, and not where they finished, San Diego Chargers, LA rams and KC Chiefs.

The solar storm missed the Earth but seems to be residing in my mind, That's why the Tids are so late. Man it's weird in here. Ooooooo-weeeeee-oooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment