Today's Tids Issue #2,675
Opening Stuff:

Well...no longer do we have late summer Falling rains, but falling leaves in the season after summer. Where hope does quite spring eternal as the fierce disruptions of winter are close behind. Yes, Fall is here. I like to call the month Rise, as we get to enjoy the coolness of good sleeping nights and not wakening to stifling summer morns. Let's all hail Rise. Au, tum-thin's awry here, isn't it you rascally rabbit?

The merger of the two safe companies was a good combination.

President Obama in a pure political rant decried Congress for taking off for campaigning without doing anything. 0-man hasn't done anything but campaign for the last one and a half years. Or...is that 3 and 1/2 years! Unless you call, stifling congressional creative solutions to dire national problems doing something.

The Question:
Bonus day: 1. When were the first Emmy's awarded? Who were the first winners?  Bonus: What was Felix Mendelssohn's last name?

The Headlines:
--Gas Prices begin To trickle Down.
--Muslim Protests Show No Sign Of easing.
--Schnediker Wins Big In FedEx Finale.
--Apple Could Be Worth $1 Trillions By End Of year.; Technology Observers Say Public Can't Go Wrong With Either Apple Or Droid Based Products.
--Upsets Continue In NFL Weekend.
--Homeland.Danes Big Emmy Winners.
--Obama, Romney Trade Jabs; President Lets Worful Media Carry His Water.
--SNL Skewers Ann Romney.

What we need is somebody to invent ice cream containers that get smaller as you eat it. Two or three containers with a couple of delectable scoops remaining take up a lot of space, discouraging rotating new flavors in. Why not package Ice cream in containers resembling bagged coffee? Maybe I should just keep this a secret and make money with the idea. Although, there could be one problem with what may become the terrible shrinking ice cream container -- other people can tell when you sneak into the fridge at midnight for a spoonful or two. 

In case you're interested, in Beethoven's violin sonatas the violin often sounds like an intrusion upon the piano. But, that's just me.

Finding gruesome, maimed dead bodies in Mexico just doesn't seem to be news anymore. How sad is that. 47,000 human beings dead, and there is no visible outrage. It's a damned shame. 

It's hard to figure why any senior would vote for the incumbent knowing that Medicare premiums will go from the current $104.20 to $120.20 in 2013 and under ObamaCare in 2014 -- $247 per month. Ouch. Remember that government workers, union members, women, blacks, Hispanics, gays and illegal immigrants are seniors too. But, they'll all still vote for 0-Man anyhow.

FaceBook lies! For about 3 or 4 years now I keep getting emails from FB saying I have notifications for my anemic account. And every time I get curious, the answer is always -- "You have 0 notifications" So they get a hit for there investors and I get disappointed. Thus, the new frustrations of a social connection culture. 

I appreciate the creativity, but I just can't fathom the need for soft close toilet seats.

As long as President Obama and Harry Reid maintain power, the US will be stifled. 

The Conscience: Chapter 8 continues.  --
   The shower magically transformed the blob that oozed across the bedroom floor to the bathroom into something resembling a human. I stood there nude using the towel to wipe the steam away from the mirror. Not as fat as I should be, I thought. The eyes are always the telltale sign. Mine told a lot of tales, and were easily read. Fear and loathing of self. It was a bad combination. I stared into those eyes, which I should know be now was always a bad idea. I never saw my eyes, but only the eyes in the alley. Only the lifeless eyes of a beautiful woman, crushed by me. I put my hands on the sink counter and grasped the edge to temper the shaking I knew would now take me into a black hole. I wanted to rush to the Mini-bar and drink every bottle in sight. Instead I gripped harder. Go away, I screamed. My own noise startled me. I inhaled. I looked around as if to anticipate people running in to see what was wrong. There was nothing except intense silence. I picked up the towel and wiped the sweat from my face. I didn't look back into the mirror. I wrapped the towel around me and walked into the bedroom to put on clothes. 
   I walked out of my glamorous, much too rich for me, Hotel Melia Genova into the sunshine and felt like I had escaped from prison. I had a day to get sober before tomorrow's meeting and I was wondering if Jace arranged the trip with a day off for that reason. Probably.
  Jeffery Morgan walked down the Via Corsica towards the Harbor,  about ten minutes away. He didn't see the woman in a black, smartly tailored suit step out of a coffee shop, look both ways and begin following him.

The Answer: 1. The first winner was for Outstanding Personality in the LA Only first ceremony in 1949: Shirley Dinsdale. A made for TV Movie The Necklas and Best TV Show Pantomine Quiz also won. In 1950 the first National Emmy's were awarded. Best Shows were Texaco Star Theater and Ed Wynn Show. Best TV Stars were Ed Wynn and Milton Berle.   Bonus: Mendelssohn's full name was Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendlessohn Bartholdy. Say what? Mendelssohn's dad Abraham was a well known German Jewish banker who had a major role in breaking Napoleon's continental blockade. Bad idea. Fearing revenge the family moved from Hamburg to Berlin. disguise and went into hiding. The family renounced the Jewish religion and were baptized Lutherans, adopting the Bartholdy surname, which was the name of his aunt, Felix's mom Lea's sister.

With all of this focus on Droid and Apple, just where does this leave Microsoft?

How can it not be a great week!

Saturday Night Live sounds like one gigantic Obama commercial.