Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, May 25, 2018

My eyes have seen the glory.



Today's Tids Issue 4,135
For the day the soldiers died:

My mind has known the anguish. My lips have said the prayers. My heart has leapt to the spirit of the brave who stand tall. My ears have heard the rumble of bombs bursting and the screams of the maimed. My tears run down and I feel the sadness in my belly. My logic tells me to stop the killing, but the tyrants must be stopped. All my senses praise the courage of all who fought and won. I am but a human, who continually wonders why. My hands come together in prayer, for all who have come to the Lord; all who still have battles bitter, and many yet to fight. My eyes close, My head bows.

I recall Memorial days of yore when I would turn on my radio in the backyard to listen to The Indy 500 while cutting down forsythia. The snipping of shears, the roar of engines, and a few birds tweeting. And I would always stop to remember why this day is so quiet, with memories so deep.

Having passed his recruitment physical, the boy John was asked by the doctor why he wanted to join the Navy. “Because,” said the boy, “my father said it was a good idea’. “And what does your father do,” asked the doc. The Recruit responded, “He’s in the Army, sir.”

The Question:
Name the Ten National cemeteries that Americans should try to visit at least once.

The Headlines:
--Oil Prices Dropping Bode Stormy Day for Stocks; Real Estate Mortgages Creep Up To New 7 Year High.
--Trump Praises Positive NK Statement Expressing Willingness To Re-Enter Talks; Says Dems Hoping talks Wil Fail.
--Weinstein Arrested On Charges Of Rape And Sex Playing.
--John McCain And Othrs Parse Trump’s Pardon of Jack Johnson; McCain Improving.
--Explosion At Canadian India Restaurant Wounds 15, 3 Critical; Two Masked People Dropped Off Home-Made Bomb And Fled; Armed Customer At Oklahoma Restaurant Shoots Potential Mass Killer Who Opened Fire At Patrons.

The cows in the meadow just love Moomorial day.

The Trump NK cancellation is just part of this ongoing one-upmanship game. Peacocks spreading their colorful tailfeathers. In addition to the President saying -- You can’t insult out Vice-President and not feel repercussions.

ESPN is another of those former comfortable get-aways that has lost its direction, trading a place for mindless distraction to just one more annoying political battlefront. And I have to say I feel sorry for some of the execs who may have let their baby stray. It has become a biased political entity and has lost not just this listener, but thousands. Many of their sports guys have become pompous “Journalists”, mush too precious for these everyman ears.  One female star Anchor named Jemele Hill has put CEO Skipper (Great name for a CEO) in a real box, she called Trump “A white Supremist”. Skipper says that if he punishes her he is branded a racist with sure to come associated public protests. If he doesn’t his networks suffers the wrath of regular Americans who just love sports without the soap boxes. Actually, I became disenchanted with ESPN many years ago, way before their rush to politics, even before they started dissing Tom Brady and the NE Pats. I just don’t like the pretense of their announcers.

The world is getting much too complex for me. I just received something from the European Union telling me I am now required to give EU visitors information about my cookies. Ok, I like butterscotch chocolate chip. How’s that! Actually, I have to add a notice about cookies to my blog worldviewetc.blogspot.com. I hope they do it for me, because I a haven’t a clue. Ok. I just checked and found the Cookie monster doesn’t appear on USA versions, but I entered a couple of EU country codes in place of .com, and there it was. Whatever happened to dial-up?

And, to top it off, I am having trouble finds a good pun of the day to keep you laughing over the weekend.

This is the May we have been waiting for, clear skies and no humidity. But it is still delightfully cool as oceans breezes off cold waters still dominate the climate. Life is good until the waters get warm.

Talking about getting caught in the middle, activist groups want major companies like Anheiser and Ford and Nike to boycott the NFL, and in reality, condone desecration of the flag and the nation. Mine yes have seen the glory…

I must be a stagnant, grumpy old son of a bitch, because I just get the excitement over Corden and Levine’s Carpool Karaoke.

Today. I just throw out the forsythia brought inside the first days of Spring to force blooms, fall asleep in front of the Indy TV cast, while millions of birds in the cybersphere go on tweeting about nothing. That’s birds as in turkeys.

Kilauea Lava makes for great TV news pics, but how broad is its effect on the entire state? Will it eventually suck in Hawaii, Oregon and California? That’s the big question, and I don’t think Armageddon is near.

Leader in the Clubhouse, Department:
While all eyes have been on Amazon, it appears that Durham North Carolina could be HQ2 for Apple! There are rumblings saying that this Carolina College town and thriving city will be the new 2nd headquarters for Tim Cook’s place. The south will rise again. All it needed was little air conditional.

Reading between the lines Movie Reviews:
--Solo; A Star Wars Story will do well because of the second part of the story. Fans will go to see it but should have their sights lowered as this one about Solo and Chew is just not as good as the rest. But, who anm I dot dissuade SW fands form going.
--The Critics are all in love with the coming of age pic Summer 1993, about a young girl n Barcelona who must adjust to a new life with relatives after her mother dies. It’s a visual treat with moving yet controlled episodes in ten days of a little girl find herself and the love form a new family in a countryside opposite her earlier city life.

The European Union is messin’ with my Tids. God help us.

The Answer:
Maybe a few NFL players should take the tour and kneel at some of these cemeteries, to feel the pain, the horror that brave soldiers face to let them play the game. The ten Cemeteries on the list beyond the broad Fields of crosses at Normandy are National Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii, with graves of 33,230 soldiers who perished across the Pacific. Fort Rosecrans Cemetery in San Diego overlooks the broad Pacific and honors ships lost at the battle of Samar off the Philippines. Santa Fe[RH1]  National Cemetery was the national cemetery of the Western pioneers and the soldiers who manned all of those frontier forts. San Francisco National Cemetery honors those soldiers and citizens of recent tragedies like 911, Iraq and Afghanistan (Will the SF Town fathers close it down?). The big one, you probably all know -- Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. Gettysburg National Began 150 years ago today when Lincoln dedicated it with his Gettysburg Address, just 6 months after the battle, before all of the bodies had been found. Andersonville National Cemetery contains remains of 13,000 Union soldiers who perished at the Southern Andersonville Prison, and is dedicated to all American prisoners of war. Fort Leavenworth National is at the Fort that was the Crossroads of Western Expansion and contains remains of all who were found dead in the Western Theater. Just North of Paris is Oise-Aisne American Cemetery and Memorial for WWI victims.  So, bow your heads for a moment or two.

My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord…






No comments:

Post a Comment