Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Is summer over yet?

Today's Tids Issue 3,105
Opening Stuff:
 
 
June, June, June…June…June June…June June June…June! I love June. Maybe it’s because a day in June was the first thing I ever saw. Maybe it’s because of beautiful brides, and dreaming grads. Or happy,  contented Dads. Or the flowers and green and everything in-between; bees a buzzing, honey dripping, veggies poking through the ground. The beautiful long days. The Longest day. D-day, the day for the daring and the brave. The day the ugly began to run and hide. Yup, I sure do love June alright.
 
Joe the plumber has become a bore, like most people who are giving a little bit of the spotlight for doing not much more than just being there.
 
Anne B. Davis Died at 88. She made me laugh in all of her roles. She is best known fro The Bradey bunch, but I liked her on the Cummings Shows.
 
The Question:
Too prove once again that world has moved beyond me, I looked up the Top Ten Drinking Games. My, how bars have changed. What are they?
 
The Headlines:
--Obama Imposes New Regs To Reduce Utility Emissions.
--Repubs Say The 5 For 1 Prisoner Trade Is A Potentially Dangerous Precedent; Afghans Fear released talibans Will Rejoin Fighting.
--Idaho Rejoices At Release Of Bowe.
--Ukraine Separatists Attacking Border Guards As Fighting Intensifies.
--Ukraine Exoected To be Continuing Topic As “O” Goes To Europe For D-Day.
--Are REITs Going To be The Next Hot Item As Investors Seek Income.
--China Blats US Provocative Military Challenge.
--Euro Stocks Up On Positive Economic News from China.
 
Most everybody knows about Mimi in Pucini’s La Boheme and the beautiful, sad arias associated with her plight. But Leo Delibes created an incredibly moving aria, The Flower Duet from his opera Katake, another tragic tale of two forbidden lovers -- The handsome English officer Britain controlled India and the princess daughter of a Hindu leader. It’s a familiar theme with extraordinary music.
 
The more I see the antics of politicians – the lies, the deceits, the disservice to the human spirit – the more I remember long ago  my Dad’s words quickly squashing my thoughts of going into politics.
 
What make’s writing a column like this difficult is waking up and reading the paper only to find that somebody else has already written your ideas, or expressed similar things better. The Tids is an Un-Joe Biden venture – no plagiarism.
 
The end is near, Department.
Be prepared for new regulations as our leaders start to inure us against another cosmic devastation…in 2 billion years. Yes the warning signs are already apparent for a collision between our galaxy – the Milky Way- and a larger galaxy – The Andromeda. Even before that, life will disappear from earth as the massive suns approach each other. If you manage to find a well stocked storm cellar, you can expect in about 7 billion years a merger of the two galaxies into one giant mass of color and light – and new life, new friends as your ancestors emerge. Aren’t you glad your leaders are thinking of you today? Aren’t you happy we invs=ested in the Hubble telescope?
 
Have you noticed that more and more doctors seem to be marrying each other. I guess they need that double income unfder Obama care.
 
Do CD’s get old, or is it the aging CD player that causes the gaps?
 
 
While the writers and editors and illustrators and photographers wili remain gainfully employed as the convenience of the IPad style devices supplant the physical reading materials. And, while the stocks of companies like Apple will explode, millions of people will find their jobs eliminated, poof!; millions you never saw but essential to the system, in jobs necessary to get the magazine to the sales points -- drivers and handlers and sellers. Progress giveth, and progress taketh away.
 
The Conscience: Chapter 45 continues.
    I felt the tension in the room. The conflicts in my own mind. The beautiful young woman next to me, younger than my daughter, my new support system even though I had just killed her mother. Where was her anguish? The questions. Why so many questions, when there had been a gruesome ending?
       But mostly, it’s  what I was feeling on the back of my neck as I stared at Angelica, as I heard Eliot stammering under the constant barrage of questions from Jason. I could feel the anger of Jason rising as he began to understand a plot that had him on the outside looking in as his company was manipulated away from him. I felt his realization that I had deceived him 30 years ago as he was suddenly confronted with the death of his old friend Sally, who he thought had disappeared forever in the fifties. That he had been played by James and James’ man Eliot. That it was James who put me into the mix as part of a grand three act play designed to humiliate Jason for his past abuse of James and his family and friends. I was back on Blueberry hill, and there were no thrills. Mabelline had died, and so did the old coup Deville.
       I put down my glass. A little of the liquid jostled out on my fingers, which I licked now as I walked to Jason. I felt Angelica tugging my sleeve, but just for a second. I was off to confront yet another demon.
      “What were you thinking back then?” Jason was looking at me with those eyes that have always been able to control rooms.
       “I wasn’t”. I decided not to beg; To race to excuses. I just held his eyes.
 
The Answer:
After reading the rules for these Top Ten Drinking Games, I may not have survived til 25! The top drinking games are 10 – Flip, Sip, or Strip  9. Quarters  8.FUBAR  7. Asshole (Seems to speak for itself. Or maybe all of the games combined) 6. Edward 0 hands  5. Power Hour  4. California Kings  3. Flip Cup  2. Boxing and…#1 Beer Pong. You can look them up at but mainly the rules are simple, drink huge amounts of beer fast.
 
Here’s a little musical relaxation for the day to take you into the week;  hangover not included – enjoy this, The June Hymn by the Decemberists   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsLeHR26xM
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment