Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, August 3, 2015

Davy Jones Edition.



Today's Tids Issue 3,394
Opening Stuff:

The Cape Cod Canal always looks so serene to me. Yet, you wonder how when sailing up Buzzards Bay knowing that the surging flood tide there will be racing through the canal. Yet with that stress of the torrents below, the canal is alway calm and under control. Some people have a similar ability, I was thinking as I watched the unrelenting, following seas. They can be bombarded with bad news, bad health, life changing events, yet they always have a peaceful smile for others. I wish I could be a canal.

How do you grow your own dope? Plant a politician! Shoot me.

The Beetle Cat is a very nice and good looking boat and just perfect for calm, evening harbor sailing across mirrors of silent waters.

The Question:
Name 7 towns on cape Cod. For those west of the Hudson River, just 3.

The Headlines:
--Fires Raging In Northern California; Thousands Asked To Evacuate.
--Dem Power Bosses Readying Biden For Possible Run As Hill’s Numbers Collapse; New Polls Show That Every major Repub Candidate Except Trump Beats Hillary.
--Hillary Launching Ad Blitz Ahead of Biden Announcement.
--Obama Authorizes Air Power To Assist Pentagon Trained Syrian Pilots.
--0-Man To Order Steeper Emission Cuts.
--Search For Madeleine McCann Moves To Australia.
--Nigeria Military Bombs Boko Harem; Many Killed. 170 Rescued From Boko Camps.
--American Legion Disease Deaths On The Rise In NYC; 4 Dead, 50 Sick.

The Tids chief entrepreneurial analyst says that restaurant owners are have big problems maintaining satisfactory turnover rates as more people eat slower due excessive smart phone, electronic device activity. In fact meals are about 15 minutes longer on average. A solution could barefoot and bare cheated ok, but no cell phones.

Sailors border on insanity when stranded in obscure, out of the way ports.

Do you realize how hard it is to find real news in August when Pols are gone and news people take vacations. It just shows you how little of what your read the rest of the year is truly new.

While sailing along a voice broke into the usual chatter from The Coast Guard and Tow services that are quite usual as boating mishaps are frequent on busy sunny weekends: “Hello yacht Tempest, This is the Cape Cod Canal Control. How long is your vessel.” In a distinctive Middle East accent we heard, “My boat is 65 feet.” “Don’t you know that with a boat of that size you have to provide us complete data on boat, origin country, tonnage and ports of call.” “No, came the reply, “I did not know that”. “You should have known that,” came the somewhat angered CCC voice. The ISIS sounding boat operator answered several questions easily but hesitated significantly when asked about Gross and Net tonnage? So I’m thinking he is wondering net tonnage before or after the bombs go off.

I forgot a major popular old radio Program in my Question answers on Friday. And I was an enormous fan myself for Lamont Cranston – “The Shadow”.

People are building more and more Osprey nests which obviously bring in plenty of more Ospreys looking for free housing; many more ospreys who will fly away with your cats and puppies. Compare that to how sanctuary cities and states with huge Medicaid programs attract more people who fly away with taxpayer dollars and put unnecessary pressure on depleted public budgets,

By the way, did you know that an Osprey used to be called a fish hawk. Osprey sounds more environmentally friendly.

The Parking Lot: Chapter 8.
   I knew I was right about where Nancy Joaquin lived. I was also beginning to see a  very attractive, pleasant to be around and very mysterious woman. Something serious was going on with her and it wasn’t about her losing her favorite color of lipstick. Or even having a lovers quarrel below my window. She did not think that way. She was definitely disturbed when I handed her the loot I had found in the parking lot.
    But I found no hint of her as I sped to the few possible route intersections off the island, and exits to her town, or at least the town I thought she lived in. May be it was just the enormity of several circumstances coming to gether. Or maybe she was tryig to elude me. Me, a kindly old guy. Suspicious people do strange things.
 Before heading home I decided that one more visit to that coffee shop might be a good idea. While that waitress seemed seemed nervous, she also appeared to be willing to talk, if I could find her. I parked my car and headed to the front door, when just as I reached for the handle it opened abruptly nd two heavy set guys walked out quickly nearly knocking me down and not appearing to care at all. I was going to say “Hey buddy, can’t you say ‘Excuse me’,” but the look in their eyes told me to zip it.
  I watched them walk away hoping to see their car, but they just sat down on a bench near the old stone bridge and started talking. I opened the door and walked in, only to see a couple of waitresses huddled around the woman I was coming to see. That normally upbeat person I remember looked pale, scared and her shoulders shuddering. Her head turned to me as I entered. Her eyes said, Get the hell out of here.
   I turned to look out the large window towards that bridge, and the odd twosome had gone. They were not Tiverton locals, or visiting boaters.

The Answer:
Seven towns on Cape Cod are Chatham, Barnstable, Falmouth, Cotuit, Harwich, Dennis, Yarmouth, Orleans, Brewster, Eastham, Welfleet and Provincetown. There are many more and everybody has a favorite. Hyannis isn’t one of mine which is why I didn’t mention it.

I’m trying to get the Wi-Fi up and if I can you will have received this in the morn. I not, it will be pleasant bed time reading.








No comments:

Post a Comment