Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Biting your tongue. Ouch.




Today's Tids Issue #3,752
For Discretion:

I may have to start wearing socks tomorrow. It’s going to be down in the below zero range.

The NE Patriots were playing their best game of the year last night, and then they went out and proved how stupidity often overrules perfection.

Technology is moving so fast that it won’t be long before even millennials get tired of trying to keep pace with it.

There are too many people carving out new political careers promising to save the people from the misinformed perceptions of Trumpism.

When was the last time we had a major government, employee named Rex?

I think I’m beginning to see Wall Street denizens looking reasons to start selling off stocks.

The Question:
Taylor Swift has been romantically linked to Many Men over the years. Name five. Bonus: New Lingo has me confused at times. Yesterday a particularly intelligent reader wrote asking, “OMG, have you become a a ‘Pajama Boy’?” What do you think this current pejorative term means?

The Headlines:
--Fed Expected To Raise Rates This Week As Trump Rally Soars; Observers Think Fed Could Raise Rates Up To Four Times Next Year.
--Tillerson Officially Named As Secretary Of State Nominee; Both Sides Of Congressional Aisle Concerned About His Putin Ties; Rick Perry Expected To be Named Secretary of Energy.
--Unfinished Legal Work Moves Trump Press Conference On His Business Holdings Until After January 1.
--Other US Intelligent Operations Opinions Conflict With CIA On Russia Hacking.
--22 Models Of Cuisinart Food Processors recalled Because Of Blades Braking Off.
--Flip or Flop Stars Terek And Christina In Splitsville; Show Will Go On They Say; Show Is Second Highest Rated HGTV Show After Fixer-Upper.
--Antonio Guterras Sworn In As New UN Leader.
--Police Officer In Nashville Shot; This is Latest In Shootings Of Men And Women Upholding Laws.
--Major League Baseball Bans Hazing Tradition Of Rookies That Would Have Them Dressing As Women.


I liked the title of yesterday’s Tids, “Moving Exponentially”. I think it would be a good name for a new, relevant, interesting column, if I could actually stay abreast of the changes.

The Voice last night was a pretty good show. I thought Josh was average and will probably take 4th. He was very country, though, and you just don’t know what can happen when country starts voting. The problem is that Sundance was also very country, and really good…really good, especially his Heartfelt original song “Darlin’ Don’t Go”. But, Billy Gilman who used to be country got the show off to a powerful start with his version of “My Way” –. Which was very good straight forward pop. And then there is We, who was good with Wishes, but didn’t stir me, and very good with what may be her best genre, Show tunes. The seventeen year old with the greatest range and perhaps the best overall singer of the four nailed “Don’t Rain on my Parade.” Personally, I like Sundance and his personality. As a Rhode Islander I’m rooting for Billy. And as a person who appreciates quality, I would not be unhappy with a We MacDonald victory. But, judging from what I heard and what I am seeing, Sundance looks like the new “Voice”.

Ok, the ITunes downloads should tell us something about who may win The Voice title tonight. #1 and #2 among all downloads were both Sundance – his original “Darlin’ Don’t Go” and the cover “At Last”. Billy Gilman’s original “Because of Me” was third followed by his “My Way” at #4. Next was the Josh Gallagher original “Pick any Small Town” was #6 followed by Blake and Sundance again at #7. We Mac finally made a showing at #9 with “Wishes” and #11 with “Don’t rain On My Parade.” Twelve was Josh and #15 was the beautiful “Ave Maria” by We and Alicia. Billy and Adam’s duet scored #21 and Sundance was back with his solid performance from November -- “Jesus and Me”. Sundance has six more in the ITunes Top 100, Billy had 1, We had one and Josh had two. I think there are a few clues in there about what may happen tonight.

In Milan Italy yesterday a priest decided not to put up traditional Christmas manger scene because he didn’t want to offend Muslims. What more can I say, Isis is winning.

Yesterday, I wrote down the word “Contentious” which I later discovered, after sending the Tids, was transformed by Spell-Check into “Cottontails”. I’m sorry for the confusion. Cottontails?

Spell-check must be drinking again, or regressing into childhood.

A lot of disgruntled losers are putting together these little community groups to protect us from Trump aggression, forgetting that the USA Constitution already does that better than any document in the history of mankind. The latest was a headline in my local paper “Trump Proof Newport”. How utterly ludicrous. Of course, it is led by a couple of college professors.

(Note: There are many questions of constitutional law and requirements of notifying citizenship status of immigrants. There many varied opinions on the need to report criminal acts of illegal immigrants. There is the Federal argument versus the inherent power of the States. Basically, people who want law abiding communities want to know about criminals in their midst and people who want to protect all immigrants regardless of legal status at any cost prefer not have sealed records, non-disclosure environment. But either side can find a lawyer to protect their interests.)

I’m also getting tired of Khizer Khan, whose back on the preaching circuit. He’s trying to regain his 15 minutes of fame preceding the publishing of his inevitable book, a memoir.

You have to laugh at the nomination of Rick Perry te Energy post (Who by the way, I like).When running for Prez he said he would eliminate that department, but at the time couldn’t remember its name. I hope he can find the office.

The Answer:
Over the years, the celeb rumor mill has these men crushing on Taylor: Drake, Zac Efron, Ben Affleck, Ed Sheeran, Matt Healy, Chord Overstreet, Corey Monteath, Jared Leto, Garrett Hedlund, Zach Braff, Lee Min Ho and Eddie Redmayne. Yeah, I know, I haven’t heard of many of them either.  Bonus: The new Pop Phrase “Pajama Boy” arose in critiques of Obamacare and has been defined as meaning “An Insufferable Man Child”. There are many definitions of this new phrase but one that may sum them up best is, “The archetype of the new style male – a government approved, popular culture validated male”; a male who has the proper melon Baller or the perfectly sized bar of Irish Spring soap in the shower. I think I’ve been had.  

Just for the record, I use soap until the last micro inch is gone.

I’ve decided to grow up and get out of the basement. I think it is safe out there again because so many people are protecting me from Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment