Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

As comforting as thee.




Today's Tids Issue 3,887
For Friends:

Sometimes when living by the sea, you may take the grandeur for granted. Then one day you find yourself walking with an inland person who says, “I miss my ocean, my rolling waves. I miss the tides that change the shore. I miss the feel of breezes that blow. The salty air tingling my face, wetting my hair. Then I look up and see what I have, so majestic for miles away. And I think, it is like friendship, as deep and true as the ocean near. Would I ever take such beauty that only a friend can give for granted? Never. So, now when I look at the ocean grand, I look well beyond and see so much more.

There is no question that I am much more comfortable on cooler days than hot days. My legs actually want to move when the temperature drops.

Giddy CEO’s, Department:
I see where the Trump admin has great idea about helping to shift the emphasis of post HS education from college to vocational schooling, combined with a significant in-school apprenticeship/internship program. The program announced by Labor Secretary Acosta opens the door to many who far prefer working with their hands instead of pencils. In addition, it will help fill employers crying need to fill skills based jobs with a more knowledgeable workforce.  In other words, it elevates he prestige of non-college jobs, which many employers regard as far more necessary than having another philosopher. 90% of all apprentice based leaning graduates get the jobs they want. And apparently, the jobs America needs.

Many in the celebrity world like to demean the good-natured cheering of millions of regular old Americans at their HS and College football games. Yet when they gather as one in these self-aggrandizing whoop-di-doo’s like the Tony’s, they are no more than a gang of giddy hyenas roaring at every mean-spirited innuendo. God what a deplorable mess of people.

The Question:
The new 2017 highest paid entertainers list is out. Name the top Ten.

The Headlines:
--Stocks At Mid-Morning Look Healthy: Fed Expected To Raise Rates; Small Business Optimism Surges In May; Oil Prices Rise On Saudi Promise To make new, Real Cuts.
--Mnuchin Says Tax Reform Should be Country’s Highest Priority.
--Sessions On The Hot Seat Today; Secret Service Says There Are No White House Tapes; Except One Of Sheldon Singing In the Shower.
--NK Releases Student Imprisoned 17 Months; Dennis Rodman Returns To Rogue Nation To Promote Togetherness.
--Warriors Send Cavaliers Back To Cleveland; Is Durant the New Giant?
--NK Drone Suspected Of Photographing US Missile Defense Systems.
--Virginia Vote Today Could Be A New Test Of Trump Admin Politics.
--Treasury Department Rollback Of Consumer Protection Policies Not A complete Demolition of Doud-Frank

If I ever hear another news broadcast about another liberal activist group marching in protest, it will be way too soon.

Sometimes you read something and just wonder if the world has actually stopped spinning. The latest was, “President considering axing Mueller.” Is he nuts?

Megyn Kelley’s first efforts at NBC have been significantly lower than excellent. Even her Putin Interview was but ho-hum as the Russian leader stole the show. Now Sandy Hook families are denouncing her session with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones who among other things, says the tragic massacre of Newtown innocents was staged. While Kelley confronted Jones about is crazy claims, the parents of the deceased children were irate that she and NBC would even consider giving such ravings a bit of a spotlight. JP Morgan dropped their sponsorship of her show.

It’s just about the time I start writing the Tids that Microsoft et.al. start sending me requests for updates. Are they nuts? I always click on later, but later never comes until the next morning when once again I have no time for them.  I never hear from them, when the computer is idle.

The graduates of the apprentice style educations also make out much better than traditional college grads. The Average starting salary is $60K and there is far less crippling debt.

The Answer:
Sean Diddy Combs is number one earning $130 Mil! Yikes. Number two is Beyonce at $105M, and is followed by JK Rowling $95M, Drake $94M, Cristiano Ronaldo $93M, The Weeknd (?) $92M, Howard Stern $90M, Coldplay $$88M, James Patterson $87M and Lebron James $86M. The biggest dip in earnings was fro Taylor Swift who went from #1 in 2016 to #49, from $170M to a mere $44M. Patterson made $87 Million? I’d better get back to that Tids novel.

Weeknd gets $92 Mil, and they can’t even spell.

Gotta run folks. I’m actually going to do something important today.

No comments:

Post a Comment