Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, November 7, 2019

We will be history, someday.



Today's Tids Issue 4,517
Mouse Cult:

When future archeologists start digging and discover Disney World, what will they think of our society?

My objective today is not to entertain or inform or titillate dreamy fantasies. But to be typo free. I know, it is a test supreme for the focus-challenged that only the strong would undertake. But for you, I will leap into the fray.

Supposedly, there is a expanding trend of people giving up drinking, for health reasons, and perhaps to avoid being depicted as asses on Facebook, Instagram or whatever the latest mass communication device may be. One of the new societal problems for this emerging group is being shunned by old friends who feel guilty around them.  

And then there is the increase in legal pot use. At least restaurants will be quieter.

“Where are you?”, is a question that has never been asked in sign language.

For a couple of weeks, the nightly news programs brought us dramatic stories featuring red glowing, raging, destructive fires. But, why don’t we hear anything on about the aftermath, like what happed to people, their homes, their lives. I guess aftermaths aren’t as visually exciting as fires.

The Question:
Well, everybody knows that he first Black President was Barack Obama. Who was the first black Big City Mayor, State Governor, US Senator and Representative(s)? Bonus: Name the nine states with no Income Tax.

The Headlines:
--China Says Tariffs Will Phase Out; Agreement On Staged Removal Has Markets Hitting New Highs At Mid Morning.
--Pacific Gas & Electric Facing Post Fire Costs Of $6.3 Billion, Possible Bankruptcy.
--Arctic Cold Freezing Northern USA.
--Faltering Dairy Industry Has Farmer Suicides Increasing.
--Twitter Employees Spied On The USA For Saudi Arabia; Two Paid Tens Of Thousands To Spy On Twitter Users, Mainly Those Who Are Prominent Critics Of SA.
--Giuliani Offers New Defense For Pressuring Ukraine: To Defend trump Against False Charges From Biden; Graham Says Trump Ukraine Policy Was Too Incoherent To Be Quid Pro Quo.”
--ABC News Reporter Amy Robach Says Buckingham Palace Killed Her Epstein Story Way back In 2015; Roback Says 100% Epstein Was Murdered.

On Warren’s healthcare plan, The Wall Street Journal wrote: “That is the longest political suicide note in history.”

Next week begins the “Live” sing-offs on The Voice. I don’t have any real favorites yet, but I do have to say that I have my eye on Gracee Shriver who lost her knockout week but to me was the best of the night. She was saved by Blake – how got himself a winner. My tin ear tells me, this powerful country singer was the best I’ve heard. She’s’ country and good, and country people vote.

People go jogging in funny outfits so they won’t look like they are running away from something.

The old Tids pickers had their third big week in a row bringing the years to date to 86-46-1 (65%). Creeping up. We start this week tonight with a tough pick – Chargers at Raiders.  I think it can go either way, but I like what Gruden is doing, so I pick Oakland. Among this week’s posers is the worst game of the week that actually pits two of the best NFL runners against each other, The Giant’s Saquon Barkley and Jets LeVeon Bell. So, they nullify, and I think the Jets have a better D. Jets. Form either end of Lake Erie we have a cohesive Buffalo versus a disjointed at the moment Cleveland. I like Buffalo in another tough pick. Two mystery teams in the old Black and Blue division, Chi and Detroit City meet on another big lake. The winds will blow cold, and I like Detroit. The vaunted Rams travel to Pittsburgh, and I go with the upset, Steelers at home. We finish with a couple of potentially great wars – Seattle at San Fran and Minn at Dallas. Have to catch my breath on these two. Wow. I’m picking Seahawks to peck away at the Niners and Minn to lasso Dallas. Maybe my wining steak is about to end. Maybe I’ll be barred for weak clichés

Of the rest, I pick KC over Tennessee, Arizona over a disappointing TB, Baltimore over the toothless Bengals, New Orleans to kick the grits out of Atlanta, the Colts to stomp the Dolphins and Green Bay to freeze Carolina.

Based on statistical distributions, there has to be bad apples working the midst of the big personal data collection companies.

Every once and a while one of those high priced, top shelf coffees in fancy designer bags drops the price close to the affordable range. And I will try it to see if I am actually missing anything. I rarely ever find that I am. Saving 6 to 12 bucks week for coffee adds up.

In Mexico, there are 90 murders every single day. Countries with laws are better.

Do you remember when you learned that News was North, East, South and West? But did you also learn that Paper was Past And Present Event Report? Newspaper. I don’t remember the paper part. It looks like fake news to me.

Willie Taggert has been an entirely ineffective coach for the once powerful Florida Sate University football team. He didn’t seem to have a clue, from managing on the field or controlling the locker room. Yesterday he was fired. He will walk away with $18 Million! And people think football as a major in college is just for dummies.

Bill Gates, one of our great philanthropists who puts is wealth to work for others disagrees with Warren’s lambasting of Billionaires. But, he said, he will vote for the candidate that had “The more professional approach” even if  he disagreed with some of the policies. You know what that means. How critically significant will be the demeanor of the current Prez when people walk into those voting booths? Why are suburban woman moving away from the candidate they voted for last time around? If you are running Trump’s campaign and not thinking about that personal idiosyncrasy, and how to overcome it, you are a yes person not doing your job.

If I were born butt first, for a moment my Mother would be my hat.

Nobody has ever been in an empty room.

Happy Veteran’s Day! The least friendly tax states for Veterans are #1 California followed by Vermont, DC, Utah, Arizona, Montana, New Mexico, Virginia, Delaware and Rhode Island.

The Answer:
Carl Stokes Of Cleveland was the first black big city mayor, elected in 1967. In 1989, Virginia elected Douglas Wilder as first black Gov. In 1870 Republican Hiram Rhodes Revels of Mississippi was elected to the US Senate. Also after the ratification of the 15th Amendment in 1870, several black politicians joined the Republican party and ran for The House and won – Benjamin Turner (NC), Josiah Walls (Fl), Joseph Rainy (SC), Robert Elliot (SC), Robert De Lange (SC) and Jefferson Long (Ga). Bonus: Seven states have no Income tax – Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. Two states have no tax on wages, but do tax investment income and interest – New Hampshire and Tennessee. But, let’s face it, states need money, so if there isn’t an income tax, they will grab your money somewhere.

Putting zombies on treadmills would be a wonderful source of green sustainable enemy.

Now, I don’t think I have any typos today. But, I’ll find twenty as soon as I hit “send”.


No comments:

Post a Comment