Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

An avocaiton is a terrible thing to waste

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,514 

Looking ahead: 

 

The phrase “Inmates are running the Asylum has never been truer than in these times of campus lunacy. 

 

Why are written puns worse than puns spoken aloud? Puns on paper are tearable. 

 

I just heard of this term “Tool Belt” generation, and I think it is about time. It's about kids getting post HS educations that match their avocations, Good for America and better for them.  

 

The Question: 

In what year did Putin become President of Russia.? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Breathing Above Water Early but Sink Later; Disney Disappoints; Earnings Reports this May have been Remarkably better than Usual. 

--Apple Looks to Rivian Partnership for EV Oppurtunites. 

--Israel Outlines Their Demands for Cease Fire as Talks Resume; Israel Moves Tanks into Rafah. 

--17 Tornadoes Attack 7 Plains States. 

--Students Continue to Come out of Woodwork and Onto College Campuses.  

--Killer Floods Overwhelming Brazil. 

--NYC Mayor Adams say Rikers Island Prison is Ready for Trump if Necessary.  

 

Have I told you lately how news about celebs turning out for mega events leaves me cold. 

 

Seriously – Stormy Daniels Looks like a female Trump. Check it out in Trial pics. 

 

I believe that the Cavs Celtics series is i going to be very good. Clevland is a gutsy team and fights like hell to the end. Bostin is loaded with talent, but will they make good decisions when the playing get rough 

 

I take my puns very seriously. (no fun intended) 

 

I’ve been watching The Voice off and on this year. I like the judges and thought there were some pretty good singers in the early rounds. Now the programs are live and viewer voting starts. I generally pop up at this point. The top favorites after last night seem to be Nathan Chester, Asher HaVon, Josh Sanders, Madison Curbelo, Karen Weldrup, Bryen Oleson and Maddi Jane. Nadegen Serenity Arce and Tae Lewis are at the bottom of the heap  

 

Good puns are like sausages. The wurst ones are the best. 

 

A new house featuring a wine cooler in the kitchen or bar area would not be a selling benefit to me. And I think that the “Open Cincept” rage is over.  

 

I thought Tom Brady was classless allowing jokes about his ex-Wife Gizelle.  

 

And while I'm at it, nothing dates a house like a trendy backsplash.  

 

Trumps defense is spending a lot of time laying the groundwork for an appeal.  

 

The Answer: 

Putin has been Prez since 2001. The people there must really be happy because they keep on voting him in. 

 

Sorry for the Short Tids today. Expect a full bodied Tids tomorrow. 

 

Communist puns aren't funny Unless everyone gets them. 

 

My wife got it. After all, she's a groan woman! 

 

 

 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment