Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, May 31, 2024

The American enigma.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,534 

Feel the cool breezes: 

 

How ironic is today? For the past several days I have been writing of teh instability of African governments mainly due to corrupt and dictatorial leadership. And yesterday we have a former president convicted of 34 felonies. I immediately saw this morning an email floating in the Newport regional Cybersphere, “Suddenly we are officially a banana republic”. But there is more to this than raw partisan emotion. First, I don't even know what 34 charges are. nor do I remember hearing or reading of 34 cases being made by the prosecutor. (But you can chalk that up to my general disinterest in details.) I certainly hear any specific testimony. What certainly appears true is that there is a lot of politics. There is certainly reason to believe that the judge for one i must have at least a little of bias in his heart based on his personal and g family political history. And let's not forget about Trump the person. I personally feel he is hard to like personally in any way. I think he is a wealthy jerk with bad taste. But he did do some good things while in office. We have better Supreme Court. He met and faced down problems without a lot of mealy mouthed pollical hedging.  So, what happens now. Appeal. Appeal. Appeal,  

 

And now we will become a country of revenge where nothing for the people gets done as our representatives try to one up each other with often bogus criminal charges. This divide in the USA did not get better yesterday. Personally, I'm going to watch reruns of “Price is Right at Night”. I'm tired of tasting the bile.  

 

I got dumped because she said I was obsessed with boat puns. Canoe believe that? 

 

The Question: 

While we are in USA Tragedy mode, name what are considered William Shakespeare's ten best plays. Bard lovers will certainly disagree. Bonus: The NBA Champion trophy is now named for Lawrence O’Brien. Who was he? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Trump Convicted; Lawyers Ready Appeals. 

--Feds Favorite Inflation Index PCE (Doesn't include Food and energy) Slows in April. 

--Nvidia Set to Take Over Second Position Replacing Apple on Most Valuable Charts. 

--Dallas Powers Through Minn for Chance to take on Bostin for NBA Title.  

 

One good indicator of how the Government t and the people miss each other passing in the night is that the Gov sees lower inflation in the PCE and the people see higher food and energy prices. I know i repeat myself on this one, but it irks me that we have two different realities and one is really painful. 

 

It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs... Because they always take things, literally. 

 

My friend told me that tool puns aren't funny. I said I disagree because I think awl puns are funny. 

 

I like the possibilities for a good NBA playoff between Dallas and Boston. Dallas features two power players in Luka Doncic and Kylie Irving. Irving was a problem child Boston player as he was for several other teams. But he is very good, and Dallas has succeeded in getting him to grow out of his patulousness. Boston has a good twosome at the top in Brown and Tatem and an excellent second wave of White and Holliday. And if Kristaps Porzingis is ready they will be a force. Though Al Horford is more than an able backup to Porzingis. It will be tough for my Celts. 

 

AI’s idiot brother “Spellcheck keeps on offering grammar corrections which I reject in favor of discovering new ways to create a colorful communication at the expense of commonly accepted grammar. But what happens if I reject AI. Will they mobilize all gital devices to gang up on me. It is a scary world to come.  

 

There are so many potential ramifications possible from Trump legal cases yet to come. It appears the Georgia case looms next. In the “insurrection” case, the Supreme Court has to rule on presidential immunity. It seems like the documents case will fade away. But then i thought Trump would never be found guilty based on what I heard of tye just completed trial.  

 

My wife says if I don’t stop making puns about Russia, she’s going to hit me. If that’s the way it’s going to be, then Soviet. 

 

It’s interesting that Trump’s Defense portrayed Cohen as the quintessential definition of a liar, and yet Trump i himself relied on him to fixe all of his negative situations.  

 

I’m tired of writing about Trump. But unfortunately, it is far from over. This Trump thing is a sign of a bigger underlying problem in societies going forward. That’s what bothers me. 

 

In case you are looking ahead, the five biggest stocks in 2035 are expected to be Amazon, Microsoft, Alphabet, Meta Platforms and Visa. 

 

The Answer:  

--Hamlet is number one followed by MacBeth. Number 3 is Romeo and Juliette, followed by Julious Caeser, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Richard III, Henry V, King Lear, Othello and number 10, The Merchant of Venice. You have to wonder how he would write about today's. Society. Or maybe he already has. If you think about it, one constant throughout all civilizations is treachery. Bonus: Larry O’Brien was a former NBA Commish, but before that this guy born in the home of The Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Mas, was more than anything a political strategist. He was instrumental in getting JFK elected and became that president's chief legislative advisor in the White House. He later became Postmaster Genral under Johnson. 

 

Have a great soft weekend without aworry, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! HEre a lottel piano peoce I enjoy tat coue ease oyu kit acompfretbale cou0peof days 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment