Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Celtics versus Joe B.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,525 

Adapting: 

 

Yesterday I put up a title of the Tids, “About the Children”. Hey, I like who I am, and I like where I came from. And I do think life was simpler, and that it was easier for more people to love each other, understand each other before digital and mass instantaneous angry comminutions. But the fact remains the future is in the hands of the kids of today who see things perhaps foreign to older generations but perfectly common and natural to them. The big hope we should all have is that they have bene enriched with values that would allow them to enable the future without diminishing humanity. 

 

I just ordered an ax from Chile. I've always wanted a foreign ax sent. 

 

Some days my phone charges great, and some days it just doesn't seem to want to connect. Like today when I know I will need it more than ever 

 

“The main problem with the internet is that there is no way to validate most facts “ --Abraham Lincoln. 1865 

 

 

The Question: 

What is Beethoven’s favorite fruit? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Nasdaq Leaps! 

--Biden Nixes Idea of Arresting Netanyahu. 

--Markets Prepared to Send Nvidia Shares Soaring Deoending on Earnings Report Wednesday; Microsoft Relying on AI to Ensure Windows Furure.  

--Houston Still Recovering from Severe Hurricane Force Winds; 8th Person Des. 

--Americas Largest LGBTQ Organization to Spend $15 Million to Elect Biden. 

 

There are ships and boats and then there are yachts which are defined by wealth.  

 

The Voice had its final sing-off last night. Nelson seems to be the current favorite and he was pretty flawless last night. I think Asher is the sentimental favorite. He touches people nicely. He could nip Nelson. Personally, I'm enjoying Karen Waldrup who has emerged and seems ot grow each week, But Asher and Nelson have too much of a head start. 

 

Biden was in Boston today and they closed down roads in this normally tight, congested city, Celtics fans were concerned they wouldn’t get to teh gaaaaden on time. 

 

In case you are interested, here are the seven states that most observers feel will turn the election: Arizona, Georga, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If you’re not from one of those states, how do you like feeling irrelevant? 

 

I have been loony Celtics fan for sixty or seventy years. But always liked Dickie McGuire who played for the Knicks. Cousey was my idol, but I never took to Bill Sharman, Cousey’s running mate shooting guard. So, they play Indiana tonight and are favorites, But I’ll probably not be able to watch berceuse I get too nervous. Ouch. 

 

There are facts and then there are things people want ot believe.  

 

A wildlife biologist walks into a bar and orders a beer. "Did you know that bats actually aren't blind?" he asks the bartender. "Well that makes sense," the bartender agrees. "That must be why they are so good at hitting baseballs." 

 

Did you remember when Hillary lost to DT and she was interviewed saying, “The election was Stolen”. Politian's are politicians. 

 

All of a sudden Biden is loving those greedy bastards on Wall Street because they are making his economy look good. Aaaah, the universe's biggest mystery, a politician's heart.  

 

If Government just fulfilled our daily needs instead of mandating our needs, we would all be in a better place,  

 

Regardless of what younger generations think about the advantages of digital, it was much easier in life before worrying about whether your phone was charging.  

 

The Answer: 

BA-NA-NA-NAAAAAA. 

 

I think we'll all need a few sips from a Fifth of whiskey after that one. 

 

I promise. I'll be better tomorrow. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment