Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green that mean's something.

Today's Tids Issue #2,322
Opening Stuff:

May you have no frost on your spuds,
No worms in your cabbage.
May your goat give plenty of milk.
If you inherit a donkey, may she be in foal.
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
Walk beside me and just be my friend.
--Irish Saying.

Did you know that 56% of the people have 3 or more email addresses. And...that only 5% have just one! How amazing is that? Feel out of it?

!!!! I am getting some good returns on yesterday's queery about sorting out the Repub race. I'll give a full report tomorrow. If you haven't already, send in your three favorites for the Republican President nomination. I can tell you now that it is very varied.

The Question:
It is pretty much accepted that women love shoes. How many pairs on average do womewn own. Wat are the favorite heel heights?

The Headlines:
--Futures Indicate rebound For US Stocks.
--Japan Desperately Trying To cool Reactors; Power Could return To Run Cooling System.
--Daffy Taking Charge.
--Malaysia Gaga Gaga Gay Lyrics.
--Shiite Versus Regal Sunni Powder Keg In Middle East.
--Conservative Repubs Want Short term B udget Fixes To Stop.

How bad would be for the country if this effort to disbar Supreme Court Justice Thomas succeeds? I shudder to think.

It looks like the Wisconsin teachers have stooped to using the children now. Nice.

O'Bama says he is Irish.

If you ever see me wearing those white orthopedic shoes, pull the plug.

American Idol had a good night last night, but I wasn't blown away. Te hardest jobs is picking the bottom three. We know that its generally as much about demographics as it is performance. This kid Scotty is a very polished country western singer. Langone is generally good as is Casey. Lauren and Pia seem to be the top girls. I tink Haley is very good, but she may blow it before she shines. And Niamo is better than she was last nigt. The judges like Paul, but I'm not getting hit. His little dancesza re becoming more of a distraction than an addtion. Bottom three: Paul, Niamo and Thia

Isn't anything private any more? I was sitting on the beach a day or so ago when a young, attractive couple, maybe in their thirties, walked by talking at a very high level. Well, she was talking and everybody on the beach was listening. It sounded like it was about the end of a relationship with lots of phrases similar to "You don't seem to get it.". About twenty minutes later they walked up the other way with the woman still talking and the man coolly plodding along. As he approached I heard him say, "Well I guess it just doesn't look like it is going to work." There whole life unraveling in earshot of anybody on the beach. it must be a FaceBook thing.

This love affair with the exploits of Charlie Sheen is all about watching car wrecks. Another American pastime.

They say that up in Connecticut they are having a lot of trouble picking a jury to try the second savage in the brutal murder of that Cheshire Mother and two daughters. Too many of the prospects think he is guilty. Well duh!

You have got to laugh at the irony of NY Rep Paul Weiner (Pronounced weener) leading the charge to disbar Clarence "Long Dong Silver"* Thomas. *Part of the Anita Hill testimony.

The Answer:
Woman on average own 17 pairs. 39% prefer flats. 26% like low --1/2 t0 1 inch. Medium heels (! 1/2 to 2 1/2) are the favorites of 20% only 8% go for high heels 2 1/2 and over. Many of those are strippers.

The Emerald Isle:
Of all the money that ere I had, I spent it in good company.
And of all the harm that ere I've done, alas was done to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I cannot recall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.


Of all the comrades that ere I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And of all the sweethearts that ere I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should rise while you should not,
I will gently rise and I'll softly call, "Goodnight and joy be with you all!"


Oh, if I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in this town that sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosey cheeks and ruby lips, she alone has my heart in thrall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.


---The Parting Glass From Waking Ned Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment