Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's obvious!...isn't it?

Today's Tids Issue #2,309
Opening Stuff:
There's something about March 1 first is just special to me. Maybe it is the thought of little seeds underground scrubbing up before they burst fourth as buds then flowers. Or, the fact that snow doesn't matter any more as it is now just a cleansing blanket as while waiting for the green. It is a day that skies just seem brighter. And I'm thinking that is because of all of those people around the world who just start smiling again. Or maybe it is me and something I love about March 1.

Correction Department: Just about everybody noticed that I didn't get my percentages right on the Congressional religion Q. That's because the answers were absolute numbers. If you are still interested a good reader worked out the percents: Prod - 57%, RC - 29, Jew - 7, Morm - 3, Other, 3, and No answer religion -1.

And because of that...I promised one good reader a refreshingly new pun. (If the Tids are late it's because it's so hard to find one.) How about "Corderoy pillows are making headlines!" Or, "Practice safe eating: Always use condiments." OR "A shotgun wedding is a case of wife or death." Or "Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you a flat minor." I have written so many puns in these 2,300+ Tids that I really haven't found any new ones. I was going to make a joke about not remembering puns but I forgot what you call the disease.

I think we have hit a milestone in American history where the "Public Servant" has been replaced by the Taxpayer Servant.

The Question: 

 This comes from a reader. What are the chief oil producing US states, and why were we caught napping om the latest oil shortage.

The Headlines:
--Libyan Rebs Win Big Near Tripoli.
--WikiLeaks Found To Have Doctored Widely Released Nobel Prize Nominee Tape That Showed US Soldiers Firing On Unarmed Iraqis.
--Russia Spending Splurge Building Up Military.
--DOW Way Off On Oil Worries.

Back to More stuff:

Our Congress runs like Spell-Check...continually missing the obvious.

We could reduce the number of people working for the Fed Gov by half and all we'd be doing is getting rid of overlap.

Around Tampa Fla I saw a gigantic Rebel flag looming over the interstate at the exit marked Martin Luther Kink Jr. Highway.

Drinking lots of water is probably healthy but paying for in little bottles isn't.

I use to pass these large, fancy, expensive RV's and think they must be owned by a rock star. But now I realize they are probably owned by public employees on a retirement trip.

Almost Near: Chapter 10. It has been an incredibly hectic day In Tidsland, but we'll get serious tomorrow as Tucker begins his search to unravel Samantha and she does the same for herself.

When you realize that 70,000 protesters were imported to Madison Wis, then you know it's not about better education but the pocketbooks of big labor bosses. Good teachers will always get hired and paid.

If people in charge continually overlook the obvious, then you'd better duck and cover.

The Answer: 

We forgot to check the oil in Alaska, California, Coastal Florida, Coastal Louisiana, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas,Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Texas because all of the dipsticks are in Washington DC.

The End...Hopefully.

I'm going mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment