Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's a chip on the shoulder world.

Today's Tids Issue 2,379
Originally Written 6.28
Opening Stuff:


I'm a NIMBY and proud of it. There's a campaign out their to sully the name of good NIMBY's. That NIMBY's, they say, are selfish uncaring bastards all because they want to preserve the intrinsic values of what makes great beauty truly beautiful. So the next time you hear a chortler ridiculing good, decent NiMBY-ism...stand up, be proud and shout "I'm a NIMBY and I couldn't be prouder".

Frankly, I think that financial analysts should throw out "Housing Starts" as one of the standards for measuroing economic progress. I believe that Housing starts today are just about where they are supposed to be in a normal growth economy. To measure today's stats against the high flying stats that were recorded for housebuilding during that notorious un-market of a couple of years ago is just an unjustifiable premise upon which to gage the success of an economy. This is particualry true when if you understand that it may be never when we see housing as an out of proportion economic indicator again.

Daily Question: What is the funniest joke ever told? A research group sifted through thousands of jokes and came up with a top fifty list. You only have to give me one.

Today's Headlines:
--Market Soars On News Of Greek solution.
--Suicide Bombers Strike Western Style Hotel In Kabul.
--Christine Legarde Picked To Head IMF; First Woman.
--Iran Continues To Fire Missiles IN War Games.
--LA Dodgers Declare Bankruptcy; Legendary baseball Team Brought Down By Irresponsible Self-Serving Millionaire With Chip On Shoulder

The world has a chip on its shoulder. I watch people and it's like "You can't tell me what to do. If I want to dump my Dunkin' Donuts caramel frappe on the side walk, I can do it." This new era of irresponsible self importance has practically abolished things like consideration, courteousness, caring understanding and responsibility from our dictionary. Even the Greece outrage is a chip on the shoulder based event. I deserve what I have been getting and the fact that you can't pay for it any more doesn't concern me. Just look around you. Hey, I'm certainly far from perfect, but i try to look at a world around me that I hope I never become.

Is it me, or are you also getting the feeling that the tablet as a computer substitute is waning? It seems to have lost its cache as some owners who still think it is very cool and exciting to have dfor somethings have found that it isn't that convenient. That a lot of compromising is necessary. It looked like the sky was the limit. Sell Intel, Bury Microsoft. But, now I am not so sure.

You gotta hope that Michelle Bachman doesn't spend most of her campaign explaining flubs.

Doesn't it bother you that the National Plagiarist Laureate is point man on key US issues like the debt and accountability of stimulus spending?

0-Man says he sees opportunities for compromise in the discussions about the debt ceiling. From what I've seen in the past, his idea of compromise is "Give me what I want and I'll say it was a non-partisan process".

Quiz Answer: "A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver sasy 'Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen.!' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. she tells a man next to her, 'That bus driver insulted me." The man says, 'You go up there and tell him off. I hold your monkey.'." The runner-up funniest was "I went to the zoo the other day. There was only one dog in it. It was a Shitzu." Want to see the fifty? Go here: http://newslite.tv/2010/10/22/survey-reveals-top-50-funniest.html .

You know what phrase is starting to bother me? It's "Hey Buddy, Doncha know it's a free country!".

No comments:

Post a Comment