Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Let's roll."

Today's Tids Issue #2,417
Opening Stuff:It seems likely now that the news media will over-report the anniversary of 911. Perhaps even turning it into a political harangue instead of the intended incredible solemn moment. All I really need from them actually is about 5 minutes of revisiting the scene of the burning tower and the plane crashing into the second tower to remind me of the devastation. The loved one's lost. The courage of the responders. The fear of a city and then a nation. The Anger. The resolve of the American people. I'm just afraid that too many politicians will be telling me how I should feel. It's already in there. It will never leave.

There was an old song. "Don't let your children grow up to be Cowboys." I was reminded of that when I read that Pauly "D" was tapped to be the celeb of the moment at the opening of the new NYC "Kardashian Store"! Somebody is stealing the character of the nation.

The Question:
Here's a little parlor game you can play as friends and family gather around the TV Thursday evening to watch the 0-Man create jobs out of thin air. Have each person right down five words or expressions you expect to hear during the speech. The one who gets the most right gets a dinner with James Hoffa Jr. Bring a catcher's mask! Now give me your favorite O-Words and O-Phrases.

The Headlines:
--Markets Could Rebound This Morning.
--Rebs Say Daffy And The gang surrounded.
--GOP'ers Looking Forward To Perry Debate debut.
--Texans Shedding Tears After Massive Wild Fires Destroy Over 1,000 Homes.
--Wash Post/AP Poll: A New High Of 53% Disapprove Of Of Overall O-Performance; 38% Of Americans Want Bigger Gov. With More Services, 58% Say Smaller With Less; 2/3rds Say They Are Not As Financially Well Off As They Were At Start Of O-Reign.
--Yahoo Board Fires CEO Carol Blatz As Profits Fail To Ignite.
--0-Man Expected To Announce $300Bil Jobs Package; Would be Combo Of Tax Cuts And New Job Creation Spending.
--0-Man Warming To Redo Of Mortgage Bailout Package.
--Katia Moving Northwestward; Still expected To Turn East Sparing US Coast.

I think I'm beginning to understand the concept behind the Post Office "Forever Stamp". The economics was based on "Forever" being very short.

America's Got talent: Howie Mandel got has to come down from Berzerkdom. He is just too manic about wanting his faves to win. But, that's not the story, just the irritation. Lys Agnes is a great talent. But, I'm not thinking her trip into Pop-Land was a good one last night. Her voice is too strong for a simple song. Anna should have used the piano. But, she is still one I like. Swank pulled a fish form the tank. How the blankity-blank di he do it? the judges went ga-ga over the ladies and girls from Silhouettes. I thought it was ok. The Smage guys can do it! But how many more times do I want to watch motorcycles jump. I thought the victim kid running around was choreographically awkward. Murphy can sure croon, and the big band staging was groovy. Good make-up West Springfield, but it was a ho-hummer. Everybody goes bonkers over Team ILuminate. I liked their big finish, but the rest was just more dancing with lights. Miami looked like an average half-time show. I think PopLyfe are winners, even though I thought Kelani's voice was a little off and the boys in the band not as impressive as in the past. The four I would enjoy watching next time are Anna Graceman, Landon Swank, PopLyfe and...ok, I'll give ILuminate and other shot at making me a believer. Based on standing "O's", Pop, Silhouettes, Iluminate and Murphy should be the top four. If so, Mandel will wet his pants. Morgan will look down in disbelief. And Osbourne will say, "That was wonderful!"

People like me think that this 0-Man admin has been bought and paid for by the Unions and that he has delivered way to much with interest. The Unions don't think' he's done nuttin'.

If I'm starting a Major League Baseball team, my first three players are Jacoby Elsbury, Dustin Pedroia and John Lester. My Manager is Jason Veritek.

The new highly promoted "Prime Suspect" looks like a more of the same, over the top, Hollywood bad copy of another great British Series.

I get the sense that Palin is waiting for the uproar surrounding the publication of the McGuinnis book to settle out before she commits.

The Tea Party continues to grow stronger and is more resolute than ever, especially after the continuing senseless assaults from the scared in power. Hoffa's call for the "Baseball Bat" approach to negotiations will bind  together even closer those tired of big government and its henchmen bullying.

Once you get the hang of it, wallpapering is easy.

It appears to me that there will be more lawyers involved in computer tablet product development than engineers.

I like Yahoo! But in this new world of immediacy, it's not enough to provide services and content that seem complete, accurate and comprehensive without the PopPizzazz! If you don't appear to be "edgy" in the minds of those who pursue edginess, you might as well be manufacturing slide rulers.

Almost Near: Chapter 38 Continues. --As soon as Audrey clicked off the boss, she dialed Tucker. She heard a flat "Hi" and asked "What's wrong with you.?"
"Oh, nothing. I'm just hanging around while Dante, he's that lawyer, finish there conversation. Why, do I sound bored?"
"No, you sound like you're in outer space. and you missed the 3:37 rocket back home."
Tucker cracked up, and it took him 30 seconds to come back on. "You're quick, You are quick. Then he chuckled one more time. "So, what's up?"
"Lot's! I just got off the phone with my Editor. Somebody found a body that turned out to be Rudy." She heard nothing. "You still there?"
"Oh, oh, aa yeah. That's is a shocker. They know anything?"
"They know that that Bounty is hoppin' mad and that you and I were snoopin' around. And they think your old girlfriend is as good a suspect as any."
"She wouldn't do something like that."
"How do you know? It could be one of her other people you don't know and have never met."
"I still don't think so."
"I'm going back up to Little Rock. We're in the middle of big story and I'm going to cover it."
"I'll try to see you there. But, I don't know when>'
"That's fine. I'll be too busy to hold your hand and lead you around. But, before you leave...you still have time..."
"Yeah."
"I have to fill you in on my talk with the kids. It's a sad and scary tale."

The Answer:
Well let's start off with "Me" and "I". How about "Tea Party", "Previous Administration", "Corporate Greed" and "Wall Street". Then there are the standards -- "Let me be clear" "Make no mistake", "At the end of the day", "Back form the brink" and of course "Relief for working families". And, don't forget "Job Creation", "Recession", "Bush", "Bi-Partisan", "Entitlement", "Plan", "Shovel Ready" and, yes, "Compromise".

There is plenty of evidence -- Like forcing up non-union prevailing wages -- that would suggest that the Labor Unions are running the US Department of Commerce except for one thing, Secretary Hilda Solis is steadfast behind "Illegal" workers to the detriment of honest people seeking jobs. This good be the weirdest. most schizophrenic administration in the history of the US of A! It seems like everything today is "Regulated", except the US Federal Government.

I'd rather my kids be cowboys and cowgirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment