Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Midwife good, Middlemen bad.

Today's Tids Issue (#2426)
Opening Stuff:


Why do we need bureaucratic middlemen to take care of poor family around the corner. Huh? Huh? Answer me!

Just when you think you have finally made it to Chics-ville by eating Applewood Smoked Bacon, the gourmet elite changes it to Cherrywood smoked bacon! How about Tigerwood bacon for your libido? Or balsawood bacon for runway models?

The Question:
All of a sudden I have seen songwriter Paul Williams in photo reviews. Name five of his great hits.

The Headlines:
--Gays Get Into The Foxholes With Barely A Ripple.
--Fighting In Yemen's Streets Escalates.
--Daffy Says He Is Alive And Well And Calls Alleged Takeover Of His Country A Charade.
--China Says It Will Support Palestinian Statehood.
--Death Toll 81 In Nepal/India/China Quake.
--1.3 Million Japanese Told To Evacuate As Typhoon Nears Nagoya.
--Bombers Attack neighborhoods In Iraq And Turkey.

Yesterday as Obama spoke the Stock market plummeted. Was it because of Greece, or because the anointed one was stretching the truth again. If you recall, he said, "Middle class families shouldn't pay higher taxes than millionaires and billionaires.". Well, they don't according to the IRS. 1% of millionaires pay little or no taxes and it is all legal, and maybe even contributory to the economy. That means 99% pay far more and at a higher rate than any middle-class wage earner. Was our leader just stretching the truth or just plain lying to our face. It all started when Warren Buffet, or should we say Buffoon, said he paid a smaller rate than his secretary. He is paying taxes based mainly on capital gains while she probably makes aorund $100 K (Analysts estimates) and paying accordingly. Is the 0-Man proposing raising capital gains taxes, another assault on the earnings of fixed income seniors? 0-Man's words have been meaningless for about 3 years now.

I'd like to be able to report on the dancing with the Stars show, but I just can't get past the judges. However I did see the NBA Basketball thug "dance", which just adds to the theory that DWTS is becoming a freak show. Oh yeah, after their comments, the judges better look out for flying elbows when Artest walks by.

Good News for Texters Department:
Yesterday a Volkswagon Passat safely negotiated the streets of busy downtown Berlin...without a driver. Or any human in teh car! It was a combination of precision satellite tracking system, computers and cameras that enabled the car to see other cars, traffic lights 70yards ahead and the meanderings of pedestrians. All with a quicker response than human drivers. You can have one too for $551,800!

The ten states with the highest unemployment (All over 9.9%) are first Nevadas (13.4) followed by Cal, Mich, So. Car., DC, Fla and Rhode Island. The five best for employment are North Dak (3.5), Neb, So. Dak, New Hampshire, Okla and Wyo, VT, Iowa, Hawaii, Virginia. And they will be until the unemployed rush their to find jobs.

I know the problem with Greece. The public employee union promised two of those Great Big Fat Greek Wedding's for each employee. And since that movie, the costs have gotten way out of hand.

I'm voting for anybody who gets rid of ObamaCare. How easy is that.

I'm getting a response to form a political party based on Vigorous Localism as defined by my bottom-up taxation and distribution plan and elaborated in yesterday's Tids.

I read that so-called "In your face" apology from the CEO of Netflix. It appears that once beloved movie distributor is on the you-know-what list of a onetime adoring public. And it is due to the arrogance, and even more disconcerting the apparent ignorance of Cyber Darling Reed Hastings.Is apology read basically, I'm sorry I made you made, but live with it. And then he announced that "Mail" Netflix would have a new name "Quickster", meaning the former dual subscribers would have to visit two web sites to do their ordering. Once I recommended that Netflix take over and run the Government. It looks now as if they are the government all over again.

I've been reading all of the Fall TV new network Line-ups trying to find something of interest for frustrated "24" fans. So far I'm only seeing Person of Interest.

I met a guy from Queens NY yesterday who started talking politics. He said he was befuddled and was having trouble with Obama. He told me he had voted for "Laserman" because his words were so electric and promising of a better America. Now he said "it was all about an America he would never want to live in." And I could tell it was bothering him, because he kept on talking while I was trying to putt. See, Obama is ruining my golf game.

For that matter, why should we allow middlemen who flip houses?

Almost Near: Chapter 40 continues. --"I'll tell you Detective, it doesn't really surprise me about the possibility of of Rudy abusing his wife. I've met the family and I like you have heard about Rudy. Andm the fact that the kids are missing suggested to this old reporter that it may have been a protective act by the mother."
Now it was Barton's turn to listen unemotionally. "I could agree with that, and I will also suggest that that could be the motive for murder." He paused, this time for what seemed like 30 seconds.
"Is that a question?"
Audrey was sitting there knowing a lot more than she thought she should tell. She didn't want to appear uncooperative, and she certainly didn't want open the door to bring Tucker into the investigation. After all he was just the messenger. She felt a small quiver of satisfaction inside.
"No, that's just me agreeing with you." He smiled at her. It seemed real to Audrey.
"I am part of your team. And I'm a reported who m]smells a great story. It behooves us to work together. Don't you think John?"
"Consider us linked."

The Answer:
Paul Williams was quite the prolific songster writing "A Old fashioned Love Song" for 3 Dog Night, "You and Me Against the World" for Helen Reddy and "We've Only Just begun" and "Rainy Days and Mondays" for The Carpenters. Among others he wrote for movies the beautiful "Evergreen" and my favorite "Rainbow Connection". he also write Moonlight becomes You, I Won't Last a day without you.

I really have a hard time watching that Mastercard commercial where four guys are standing around admiring the beauty of the Sawgrass golf course. It is irresponsible for any body to promote slow play. I just watch it and fume as I would watching people dawdle on the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment