Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, December 8, 2011

All You need is Love.

Today's Tids Issue 2,483
Opening Stuff:

Today, the 8th day of December when the cold roared into the East, also marks the day the Beach Boys made big noise with their first "Surfin', 49 years ago! Now it's "Walkers and Surfboards USA."

"The Lively Experiment" was a 17th Century document authored by the founders of Ri that became the foundation for the Freedom of Religion concept as found in the 1st Amendment. The document encouraged religion for all by promoting free choice by all people for the religion they preferred. That's what it did, and that's what the 1st amendment protected. Pure and simple. It had little to do with anything resembling separation church and state misguided discussions of today -- only saying that the State could not establish one religion for all.

The Question:
What are your five favorite John Lennon songs?

Today's Headlines:
--Stock Futures Down After European Central Bank Warning.
--Jobless Claims Fall To 381,000; New Nine Month Low.
--Putin Slams Clinton For Encouraging Protesters.
--Merkel, Sarkozy Pressing For Debt Resolution Before Friday; Inaction Could Be Devastating.
--Newt's Gay Sister To Vote For "O", She Says.
--Corzine Puzzled by Missing $1.2 Billion.

I just read a story about a convict escaping from prison by climbing over a 12 foot "Razor Wire" fence, and it gave me the Heeby-Jeeby's. You know, that weird feeling that overcomes you like an acrophobe standing at the edge of a cliff. Ouch!

I see where #1 Golfer in the World and winner of both US and European Money titles, Luke Donald, says that Rory McElroy is the most talented golfer he has ever seen or played with. He says Wood's work ethic and competitive concentration are unmatched, but when it comes to pure skill, the Northern Irishman has no peer. That should stimulate the striped feline for 2012.

I'm kind of fascinated by the Samsung Galaxy series.

Djokovich wins $12.6 Million this year playing tennis, and it's the sport they are telling us that nobody watches any more.

The RI Town #1 in median income is now Exeter! Farming must be good these days.

Dennis Miller thinks a great bumper sticker for Newt, who says he is a changed man, would be "New Gingrich"!

Panera Bread grocery store soups are terrific.

I have always felt that Deer in the headlights ex-Treasury Secretary Paulson was one of the real culprits in the Housing disaster. It is almost inconceivable for me to believe that he didn't have an inkling of the impending disaster from a global financial boondoggle that was based on finding ways to hide the fact that mortgage owners could never pay for what they bought. Then I see yesterday another former Goldman head honcho saying that he can't figure out where $1.2 Billion+ of MF Global investors money went. Are Goldman chieftains trained to be out of touch with reality? Sergeant Schultz of Wall Street?

Pigskin Pickins: I think every game this week except Balt-Indy, Pitt-Cleve and maybe NE-Wash and San Fran-Ariz can go either way. So let's get rid of the so-called easy picks first. Balt will be tougher than the Pats last week on the increasingly hapless Colts and will win along with Pitt, NE and the Niners from the leftist coast. Now the rest. Atlanta needss it over the rising Carolina; Cinn needs it too in showdown with Houston; Minn looked better and I'm saying upset over Det; TB finally coming back against Jax; Miami over fading Eagles; KC could beat Jets but I don't think so; Chi looked inept, and the Denver defense and Tebow will win early for a change; NO playing real well but Tenn playing tough and needs it, but won't get it; Oak needs it more and will beat GB; SD at home should sneak by Buff; Giants over Dal and Seattle over St.Louis. Or is it Buff over SD? Nah Last wek brought us to 128-64 (67%)

O-Man's game plan seems to be that of wooing back the Libs who made it all possible in '08, while giving the illusion that he is all for the religious right. In other words, it's going to be tougher than ever to believe anything he says.

Do you think Blago getting 14 years will make Illinois/Chicago politicians of the future honest? Do you think it will make Chicago Pol 0-Man come clean about reverend Wright?

Almost Near: Chapter 53. --
"John, Audrey"
"What no quips? What's up?" Audrey could tell that John sensed a new urgency in her voice.
"You tell me your thoughts on the Rudy case, and I'll tell you mine."
"Nothing is easy with you, my friend. Always a deal. I thought you told me everything you knew."
"I never tell you everything I know, but today might be better for you John."
"I've been waiting for years to hear you say that!"
Audrey laughed. "Ok, what are you thinking about Samantha?"
"A coupala things. First, living with the Quimpieres could force anybody to do something irrational to get out. Second, I'm perplexed by the sudden appearance of a shiny silver necklace in black mud!
"Me too."
"So, I can see a motive for the woman to beat the hell out of Rudy, and all of a sudden I have evidence tying her to the place of the murder. What should I be thinking?"
"Because of this guy Tucker..."
"The wimp who Bounty clubbed.."
"He's not so bad, John. Just a bit weird. " Audrey did not want to go further about Tucker. "Where was I, oh yeah. Tucker brought me this story about Samantha. I'll tell you more details later, but the nut is that I found and talked to the missing Quimpiere children."

The Answer:
Lennon was prolific and godlike to many adoring fans. My favorite Lennon songs were: You Got to Hide Your Love Away, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Imagine, All You Need Is love, Norwegian Woods, Love and Mother. And I like that "Happy Christmas song he did.

I keep on waiting for the Sox to do something. I guess the acquisition of Valentine makes them a sure thing to clobber the Ya-Ya-Ya...(WYKWIM). Just a matter of getting existing talent focused, Right? How easy is that.

I love the whistling winds, and the cold nipping at my ears. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment