Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Women in charge.

Today's Tids Issue 2,487
Opening Stuff:


Well...nothing happening in the world, I'm outta here! Just k-i-d-d-i-n-g.

There's a lot happening in the world, it's just that a lot of Americans don't seem to know it. As more evidence of America losing in its collective mind, I give you Yahoo's "Most Searched Items for 2011". Here's what Americans want to know: Starting with #1 we have iPhone. then the inquisitive minds go to Casey Anthony, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Lindsay Lohan, American Idol, Jennifer Anniston, japan Earthquake and Osama bin Ladem. Ask!'s list had Kardasian, Justin, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Kate Middleton, Ashton Kuthcher M. Jackson (Dead -oooo-weee-oooo), Selena Gomez, Lohan and Sheen. "So that's the way it is, this Wednesday 2011."

The Question:
Name the the worst Corporate execs for 2011.

The Headlines:
--Euro Fade has Clueless Lane Looking To Declining Market.
--China Imposing Tarriffs -- 2%-21% -- On Car Imports From US;
--Obama Reaches New High In Un-favorability Rating.
--House Passes Payroll Tax Extension; Now In Hands Of Dem Senate.
--Time Mag Man -- Man, Person, Thing of the Year: The Protestor.
--Man Kills 4, Injures 122 In Belgian Shopping center.
--Media On Sideline Ready to Pounce Upon Gingrich Mistakes.
--Sandusky Lawyer Mistakenly Suggests Calling "Gay Sex Site" For Truth About Accusations.

I listen to the TV show "The View" in the background while working away, and come away with one thought: I hope if the country is ready for a woman president, that this is not an example of what we will get. Aspirin anybody?

I really hate that Idea of "American being ready for a woman, black, Hispanic et. al." Or "It's time for a ..." It was brought home as I watched a hokey local program (I watch it every year) that would choose the "Guest Host for A Year" for the "Rhode Show". They had five finalists as always and this year it happened to be all women. In little recaps of their resume's they all looked intelligent, spritely and attractive. Certainly Maria Gonzales was too, equal or better than the others. But, for her closing remark she said "It's time for a Hispanic." I don't think so...it's time for who is best.

Looks like the Cougar abandoned the cub. America's anchor woman Katie C has taken the milk bowl away from her 17 year young beau, Brooks Perlin. She says it was becasue of priority conflicts attributed to ...what?...age difference. For the record she is 54 and he is...what! math problem.

"Feeling Wanted" in the NBA is spelled M-O-N-E-Y!

I've been keeping an eye on those Tebow games. Last Sunday I tuned in with about 3 or 4 minutes left, Denver down by 10. With the ball in the hands of daBears. I thought, no miracle comeback... no way this time. Then I watched and wondered one more time -- who says he can't pass. I've played a lot of sports and watched tons of games and have learned one thing. The player with the big heart always has the chance to come out on top.

I love "Hokey" stuff.

A major difference between China and America is that China is all Chinese. Over here, the "Melting Pot" is looking more like a bowl of succulent creamy gravy or rich cheese sauce that separates upon reheating. It's time for oneness. Again.

I really don't like today's oft repeated phrases like "Man-up" and "Go girl."

Almost Near: Chapter 55 continues. --
"I grew up in the same town as Samantha, so of course I know them They seemed nice. I moved away when I was in my early twenties. Wanted to be a writer! Can't do that in your home town, can you?" Sparrow just looked at him with no reaction. Hi stare seemed to unnerve Tucker. He looked quickly towards Samantha. She was smiling quietly. "That's really about it. I heard they had moved. I think Sam and I heard that together from her friend....um..."
"Martha?" Samantha looked composed to Tucker.
"That's it. So, detective Sparrow, what have you found?"
"I didn't say we had found anything. I just always thought there was something odd about it all."
Tucker felt a vibration in his pocket, reached in picked up his cell phone, mouthed "excuse me" and looked down. He frowned. "I've got to take this." He rose and left the table, walking towards the cash register area.
"Waddaya think."
"I think what he said is probably true, but I don't think he said anything."

The Answer:
Topping the list is Reed Hastings who in twinkling took the smooth sailing Netflix into a chasm where 800,000 customers left in what seemed like seconds. Worse than losing customers, was the loss of the edge the company had enjoyed ahead of the rampaging Google and Amazon. Next were RIM co-CEO's Mike Lazardis and Jim Balsillie who forgot about the competition while trying to buy an NHL Team. And then there was that worldwide service outage atop of executive inattention. RIM joined Netflix in losing "half their market" in one year. Third is Leo Apotheker who couldn't figure out whether HP was keeping or selling its computer biz. He was only there 11 months, and missed every financial target. For is failure he received a $25Mil Chute, $7.5 mil Severance, 580,000 shares of various stock forms and a $2.4 Mil bonus to relocate his family. Maybe OWS has a point.

If you always found a ringing phone at home annoying, why would you want to carry a phone with you when you're away from home?

No comments:

Post a Comment