Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Whacky world.

Today's Tids Issue 2,478
Opening Stuff:

The Euro and EU is more and more looking like the camel designed by a committee thing. It was bound to happen when all of those proud, nationalistic, historic Countries got together to try to think as one. Compromise is a nice word for expediency, but too often it can breed mediocrity.

"Sometimes when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin'." --Lillian "Jimmy's Mother" Carter

The Question:
I always thought that Woody Allen the comedian was a pretty funny guy. Give me five of his funny lines.

The Headlines:
--Euphoria Over Global Market's Fix Runs Down After Wednesday Stock Rise.
--Profit Taking To rule Today's Market.
--Jobless Claims Edge Back Over 400,000.
--Cain Still In It; Inspired By Bill Clinton's Perseverance.
--Retailers Worry That "Big Black" Flurry Drained Consumer Cash.
--More Charges Coming In Fed Agent Insider Trading Probes.
--Factory Activity Stalls In Asia And Europe.
--Islamist Win In Egypt; Sets Up Confrontation between Tricolors And Military.

Unfortunately some people think that calling a Christmas tree a holiday tree makes them appear intellectual and understanding. Basically they are just the opposite. And I feel sorry for them. Just call me Mr. Compassion.

So, tell me again why Hillary's visit to Aung San Suu Kyi in Mayomar is being heralded as "Historic"? I guess I'm just out of touch.

Let's face it, pigskin pickin' should be getting easier by now. But, not this year as it continues to be a weekly enigma with the un-likely's winning on an increased basis. Then you have to decide in loser vs. loser games, which one will show up to play. The first unknown game is the Pats versus the winless Colts. Isn't this a ripe-for-upset situation? I'm picking the Pats because of home field, and hoping neither Freeney nor Mathis breaks Brady's leg. The list of "Posers" is large this week. I'm including in that group Phil-Seattle, Atlanta-Houston, Denver-Minn, Carolina-TB, Cinn-Pitt, NYJ-Wash, Miami-Oakland, Tenn-Buff, NYG-GB, Det-NO and SD-Jax. I'm picking Philly, Atlanta (They have a QB), Denver (Denver's defense is that good), TB, Pitt, Wash (Heart game - Like Skins, not Jets), Oakland (Palmer brings quality), Tenn, NYG (Must win), NO and in the "Embarrassment Bowl - San Diego. Most of those were a coin flip. The rest are Chi, Balt, Dallas and San Francisco. Modest week last week brings record to 119-57 (67.6%).
In response to yesterdays China directed Tids and the Omaha Steak Tidlet in particular, my favorite remaining in-law notes that Omaha tries to ameliorate its high price per pound steak price by giving away free steak knives --- "Made in China"!


You wonder what Mark Twain would have thought about the Internet Department:
"You have to be careful reading health books. You could die from a misprint." --MT. Next time you are having your annual physical, ask your doctor about "Web MD". Then duck!

Almost near: Chapter 51 continues. --Sparrow was on the phone, directing traffic as several police came running to the scene. "What;'s going on." Sparrow looked down to see an anguished face of Samantha looking hopefully up towards him. He knelt, placed is phone on the top step and reached out to hold Samantha's face.
"What happened in there. You scared shitless. What happened? Was it your dad's picture?"
Samantha started breathing heavily. "Is that ambulance coming," he shouted out to nobody in particular. He grabbed her shoulders, and then helped her lay down on the sidewalk. "Watch my breathing Samantha." He started taking big drawn out slow breaths. "Watch me Samantha, do what I do." Her eyes fixated on his face. He reached over and grabbed her hand. "You can do it. Comon, big breath in. Now out. You're a tough woman Sam. She was starting breath normally.
"That picture, that picture. I saw so many things."


Chafee-Lite is clear proof that a three way Governor's race must be decided by a run-off between the top two votegetters.

The Answer:
Among Woody's so-called wittiest are: "Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates television." "I didn't know he was dead. I thought he was British." "I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer." "Confidence is what you have before you know the problem." "You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that makes you want to live to a hundred." "The last time I was inside a woman was when I went to the Statue of Liberty." "Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventative measure if it were administered prior to the crime." "Its not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink all my boats."

I must be busy. The time just couldn't be passing by because I have no mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment