Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, November 30, 2012

Gravy equals good.



Today's Tids Issue 2,717
Openeing Stuff:
Last evening standing in my window, the room behind me aglow, I watched across the crystalline bay the sun being inhaled by the treeless hills afar in South County. The Red ball was as intense, as fiery as I have seen It. Sitting there atop a a hill, taking a final bow after a beautiful day. The slowly being absorbed until it disappeared into the earth. It makes you wonder as you understand see how small you are in a world truly magnificent. It makes you feel that you should and can be better. To reach up for greatness.

I like restaurants like Chopmist Charlies in Jamestown because they often use the term "Smothered in Gravy".

The Question:
College grads and aspiring young working people have to find their gravy somewhere. Which 10 US cities are most attractive to the young and career oriented?

The Headlines:
--0-Man Hitting Campaign Trail Instead Of Getting Job Done In Washington.
--Global Hackers Aim To Take Down Syria Government.
--Palestinians Celebrate UN Endorsement.
--SC Looking At Gay Marriage.
--Chemical Tankers Derail In Southern NJ.
--Germany Approves More Funds For Dysfunctional Greece; Propping Up Losers Seen As Way For Europe's Economic Giant To Head Off Road To Recession.
--Lohan Slugs Club Pal; Cal Courts Expect To Pull Her In To Face New Charges About Old Accident.

I really hate to pile on the gentle, smiling RI Governor, but common'...sneaking through a Christmas tree lighting ceremony!

I see where some of those older pros have harbored a silent grudge against belly putters, saying they aren't part of the game. Hey, I'm for that. Let's go back to smaller wooden tennis rackets too. Yes the Royal and Ancients have decreed that the arms must be free and swinging when putting. Next thing you know they'll be telling amateurs that "Looking up" while driving is tantamount to having to surrender your golf bag for life. Does this mean you can't have your arms firmly planted by your sides? Personally I could care less. I've been using the same putter since 1975, and find that I'm improving because I'm learning how to putt better. And no, it isn't wooden.

How do businesses define what's is good after meeting expenses? Huh? They say the rest is gravy! Rich, creamy, tasty gravy.

One of the things that spurred on my look at angry comedy yesterday was the SNL Christmas special, where some of the elaborate scenarios just were not very funny at all. I have to say though, that Adam Sandler's song about Channukah* kept me smiling throughout. *( Note to those who enjoy challenging my spelling aptitude: 5 or 6 years ago the "Q of the Day" was "How many ways can you spell Hanukkah". It turned out there were about 16 by one so-called expert's account but others say that the because of the phonetics
possibilities, it was hard to produce an official number. How about -- Khahnnookkah!

Yeah, right...0-man is going to call The Mittster for advice.

In case you haven't read it lately, The Constitution says nothing about marriage. And it shouldn't.

Last night I ate out with a dear old friend, in a restaurant known more for well prepared home cooking style meals as opposed to the orgasmic food trend of the moment. I read him the specials -- meatloaf, liver and onions, fried chicken with gravy and others. This spurred my friend with a significant scientific mind to ask, "Now with all of the nutritionists info on the goodness of going vegan, would you consider changing your ways?" He added that he has had many veggie recipes that were amazing. I told him I was entirely happy and there was no recipe that would make me want to substitute veggies for meat. And to emphasize my point, I sacrificed my arteries by ordering fried chicken with gravy. I think he hated the way I was smiling while I ate.

The free spending 0-Admin could be dubbed the Lindsey Lohan Government -- They can't help themselves! Even when being placed on probation by knowing voters.

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Many of us were forced to wade through Anna Karenina years ago, and then act intellectually cool. Now it's the new rage and the movie is out for all of those bated breaths. It is beautifully made and explores (If you didn't understand years ago) "the capacity for love that surges through the human heart". Her questions about her marriage affects many around her. The only thing I remember is something about a train.
--Killing Them Softly is a pretty good Hitman yarn about a proficient killer who likes distance between himself and victims, so he won't see their pleading eyes.
--The Collection is about a psychopathic killer who stores victims in an abandoned hotel set up for torture and more. A wealthy father of one victim hires a band of mercenaries to rescue the woman, aided by the only person to have escaped the monster.
--I have a feeling that California Solo is a yawner, trying to do to much in the time allotted. An ex-Brit rocker works on an Organic Farm and sells in a Farmers market by day and sits in his dingy room at night recounting the early deaths of musicians. His bright spot is a  woman who is an amateur chef. He is in a DUI accident and that brings back an old drug offense. threatened with deportation he must get past demons associated with his estranged family. My mind hurts already.

The Answer:
Texas has four of the Top Ten -- Dallas - 1, Austin - 3, Houston - 5 and San Antonio - 8. Miami was 2, Tampa -5, DC - 6 (Obama's Big Giv?), Denver -7, Seattle -9 and 10 - Riverside/San Bernardino Cal.The biggest tumblers from the ratings were Phoenix and Las Vegas. The biggest net losers in Population were NYC (1.9 Mil Yikes!), LA (!.3), Chicago, Detroit and San Fran. the biggest Metro areas remain NY, Chi, LA, Det and Philadelphia.

Michell Obama wants you to eat vegetables. Barack wants to take away your gravy.

Happy Weekend Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment