Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Save the Great Lakes: Throw back your fish.


Today's Tids Issue 2,715
Opening Stuff:

I always sleep well after a good day of intense writing. I never realized how much using your brain could wear you out.

Global warmerites really, really, really want 2012 to be one of the warmest on record. And, it will rank right up there. The so called steady significant increase began around 1915. Since 1840-50, it appears that the temp has risen less than 1 degree C. In about 1878 there was a spike in temp that equaled 1990, one of the higher years on the all time list. It's really all about how you segment and design your graph visuals.

Americans flood Super Bowl stadiums. Egyptians overwhelm Tahrir Square. Fun is fun.

The Question:
I originally intended to have a question asking to give me five funny lines from Jon Stewart. But, I couldn't find any. So I'm asking you to name five Ed Harris movies.

The Headlines:
--American "Can Do" Attitude Bucking Odds Of 1 In 175 Million To Win Record Total $500 Million Powerball.
--Cliff Worries Pushng Stocks Down At Opening
--North Korea Stockpiling Weapons.
--Egyptians Turn Out In Giant rally's Protesting Morsi Despotic Actions.
--GOP Norquist says "No Tax" Pledge Like Marriage -- Forever.
--Factions Developing Among Dems As Countdown Towards FC Continues.
--GOP Sens More Disturbed After Meeting With SoS Candidate Rice.
--Palestinians Winning Support from Europe.
--Car Bomb Kills 34 In Assad Leaning Suburb.
--Buffet expects Lawmakers To Eventually Come To Cliff Compromise.

Has Grover Norquist looked at American marriage statistics lately?

Aha! I get it now, the Oceans are rising because the Great Lakes are shrinking. Actually the Great Lakes are shrinking, and it's because of overfishing in the Atlantic. The loss of fish mass creates a void causing Michigan, Superior, Huron, Erie and Ontario to rush up the Saint Lawrence to overflow the North Atlantic and fill the holes left by disappearing fish. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it. In fact, I'm applying to the EPA for a grant before they fall off the fiscal cliff.

Some things never change and NK's proves it. Under the Kid's leadership, the isolated country is now acquiring weapon systems faster than his father bought Pop music CD's. Frankly, playing some of today's pop music CD's could bring another nation to its knees. 

If I sent NK the computer software operating my Spell-Check, they'd never get a missile off the ground!

I joined Linkedin, describing myself as a hip, au courant free lance writer with a keen sense of contemporary communication techniques. Well, that's what I wanted to say until I couldn't figure out how to make Linkedin accept what I wrote. I guess it's bakc to the old Underwood.

The Road to Nowhere Department:
In a new report, I see where the top paid industries in RI are in order are Government, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail and Hospitality. RI, once the Manufacturing Giant per capita in the world has now seen it's once innovative industries decline to the point where they are falling off the economic map -- meaning that the second highest source of good incomes has essentially disappeared. The industry touted by the state leadership as that of the future, hospitality, shows paltry average wages in the area between $10 and $20 K. Yikes. Government remains the second largest employer, while another industry, healthcare is zooming to the top. So we have two big industries in RI relying on compulsory spending, Government (Taxes) and Healthcare( Insurance premiums and under Obama Care more taxes.) What a mess. So why did I take all of this time and space to talk about RI? It shows clearly how difficult it will be for the average citizen to vote away increased taxation and government supported  activity as those receiving wages from it will never accede to the logic of returning to free enterprise. Oh yeah, and much of what remains here in manufacturing is based on defense spending. We are screwed.

The Answer:
I remember Ed Harris in one of my favorite movies The Truman Show. He has also been very good in The Abyss, Needful Things, A beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Absolute Power, Enemy at the Gates and Copying Beethoven. He always brings something special to a film.

The hearts of most humans are warm and caring . It's just their ideologies that make them appeared crazed.

And of course, money.

Sometimes I write a woird that sounds right, and then I mam surprised tho elarn that I am absolutely correct. I guess i=f you right enough the odds are in you favor.

If I win Powerball tonight, I may buy a robot to write this mess. Or a chorus of monkeys.



No comments:

Post a Comment