Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Don't walk under the Tids

Today's Tids Issue 2,986
Opening Stuff:

I think Boehner just threw his hat in the ring for Time Person of the Year. The media will like his comments against valiant Tea Party warriors. Alas, the country still needs people who will standup and put their feet down. The liberal side will never stop demanding spend, spend, spend; change, change, change. Let's face it, there's plenty to do on both sides of the spectrum. Wall Street have become run-away, governemtn fed risk takers, and the not-so-silent disingenuous would be more than happy to see the US Constitution die and the Communist manifesto arise. Ok, so Boehner gave us a little breathing room. My gasping stock portfolio will enjoy that. But the unions are too big a business to ever give up, and America is too precious to lose. The voice of the Tea Party, protectors of an America that used to work, must always be heard.

"What? Me worry?", Department:
"Afluenza!" Are you kidding me. Did you hear about the kid who got off after killing four people driving while drunk after a psychiatrist testified that, "he was raised too wealthy!", naming the "disease" afluenza" Gadzooks. Got money -- go out and kill somebody! Sounds like a Mad Comics joke. I'm thinking that Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel will use that to defend himself for beating little girls brains out with a baseball bat. America is losing it's collective mind.

Maybe the anti-Christmas atheists could celebrate today, Friday the 13th. Hey, everybody needs a holiday, they say.

The Question:
Ok, Taylor Swift is one of the most prolific song writers of the current times. Try to name five of her songs. Bonus: When and where was the board game Parcheesi invented?

The Headlines:
--House Passes Budget; Reid Playing Games Again In Senate As Repubs Put Up Road blocks..
--US Drone Kills At Least 13 In Yemen Wedding Party Convoy; al-Qaida Gains Sympathy..
--Federal Judge Orders That Landmark San Diego Cross Be Removed; March To USSR Godless Society Continues.
--Michigan Puts Restrictions On Abortion Insurance.
--Four People Stabbed In Parking Denver Parking Lot After Bronco Loss.
--Arctic Melt declined In 2013.
--Politifact.com Names Obama Assertion On Health Care "Lie Of the Year".
--President of United States Enables Poor Spelling; Tids Editorial Department Pops Champagne.

I'm for not allowing cell phone usage on flights...at least for talking. Texting and other less annoying silent intrusions would be acceptable and be a happy medium for the comfort of both the addicted and the disinterested.

Any body who thinks we are in an era of a Kinder and Gentler North Korea, think again. Kim Jung Un did the proverbial walk over his grandmother to get to the top, only it was his beloved, powerful uncle, who he ousted, wasted. Yes, the stout little leader wasn't satisfied with just disgracing and shoving him aside, but as you all know, he killed him. Maybe he has afluenza!

It's kind of hard to find simple toys that aren't tied to Lego or some movie. 

Today, "Family Game Night" means all members of the family sitting with their own electronic devices playing their own game. Parcheesi anybody?

A local radio talk show host called a bunch of union woman "whores and hags" as these union activists were protesting a meeting of women by angrily blocking the doors to attendees and calling them "scabs" and worse. Well this host has a tendency to lapse into childhood and obscure important messages with innocuous name calling. (Note: he has lost good gigs in RI , NYC and Boston before.) Now all the Pols have jumped on board and said they will boycott the station, the biggest in the state, until the host is axed!. There is a freedom of speech issue here. And boycotting is certainly a way citizens can rid themselves of things they feel undesirable. The real issue though is that the power behind the call for ouster is the Unions that own and have buried this formerly wonderful state. The host made the mistake of giving the unions fodder, but in reality they have wanted him gone because he has provided degree of transparency to the workings of the all-consuming unions and their dominance of State government. I'm betwixt. And, I have a feeling the station is too. The host can be a creep, but at times we need creeps.

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--The Big movie in town this weekend is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Hobbit fans will be in theaters to see Bilbo Baggins continue his journey with Gandalf and Dwarves on a quest to reclaim The Lonely Mountain and the Dwarf Kingdom of Erabor. Along the way they encounter skinchanger Beorn, giant Spiders and the treacherous forest of Mirkwood...but the biggest terrible danger is at Lonely Mountain -- the Dragon Smaug that tests courage and...friendship. Fans will be happy.
--Also opening, around here at least, is Nebraska. I probably would not go to watch an ornery old 86 year old drunk sneak away from his cloying children to go on a road trip, walking no less, to Omaha to collect a million on what appears to be a bogus lottery scam. It's basically a tour du force acting vehicle for Bruce Dern. 

The Conscience: Chapter 31 continues.
     "I'm not even sure we should be talking in this car Jeffery Morgan". My heart jumped at that, but I think she is being serious. I put on my concentration face. "I've become paranoid. I talk to my mother and she is analyzing me. My father has looked suspicious all my life, but now more so. They are always asking what you and I talk about. I just tell them that I'm doing my duties as an officer of the family company. Bruno cast his evil glance my way more than usual And," she held her breath, "Last night I was sure somebody had been in my house." I sat there and felt that need rising.
    I quickly changed the subject, which sometimes works when there's no liquor around. "What was your mother like when you were growing up?"
    "She was a mystery woman and barely around. I never felt comfortable around my father, even when he seemed to be trying to love me. My grandfather is who I clung to and who made me as good as I am today." She blushed when she realized she had complimented herself. 
    "Your grandfather did an amazing job!" I turned towards her, but she kept her eyes on the wild traffic all around us. Her lips formed a small smile. "I didn't learn much back at Bernard. But as I said they confirmed what we suspected. These boats are built for transporting contraband. They are fast and state of the art. Not many entities other than governments and organizations with oceans of money could afford them. The most important thing I learned is that James Smith knows something, and he only wants to talk to me." I took a breath. Talking replaced my need for a fix, but I habitually tapped my breast pocket looking for that familiar lump. "Tell me more about Washington."
   

The Answer:
Taylor's #1 song is You belong to me. Some feel her Love Story should be #1 too. The rest of her Top 10 are December, I knew You Were Trouble, Teardrops On My Guitar, Enchanted, We Are Never Getting Back Together, Mine, Mean and White Horse. We'll see  how the new album Red does. Bonus: Parcheesi was invented in India 500 years ago! I thought it was my grandmother.

In case you interested, here's from where the Tids emanates each day, where I flip the switch on brain cells which occasionally come to life:

If you really need some sleep, you can go further with more on Washington Square, history and a look into the future:

I leave you with one word: "Piece". Ask Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment