Today's Tids Issue 2,989
Opening Stuff:

I have been continually amazed at how Americans respond on their own without reservation to tragedies that befall other citizens.

AIG and GM seem to be doing a good job on selling America on the next big Government Bailout.

The cyclops teacher only had one pupil.

The PR out of Wall Street seems to be preparing investors for the disappearance of the Fed welfare program --  $85 Billion monthly buy-back of bonds.

The Question:
Everybody knows Celine Dion's best known song, name five other of her best songs.

The Headlines:
--Fund Managers Predict Bullish 2014.
--White House Escalates Senseless Bitter Rhetoric As Podesta Compares Repubs To Jones Down Cult And Mass Murder.
--India Retaliates Against US After Junior Diplomat Is Forced Into Cavity Search.
--Insurance Companies Give Extra Time To Potential ACA Enrollees.
--Ukraine Prez Vows Stability After Russia Deal.
--Ex-Egypt Prez Morsi facing Death Penalty If Convicted Of Espionage.
--Former World Wine Expert Rudy Kurniawan Convicted Of Fraud For Selling Counterfeit Wine.

I have seen many an arrogant Dem Senator standing in in their snappy blue suits against a background of the august marble halls of the US senate condemning Republicans for wanting to scuttle ACA, to want it to fail "and take away hope for the uninsured" You're damn right! It's a bad idea that takes choice away from people and blatantly redistributes money. I feel absolutely no guilt despite how Senators in blue suits in marble halls ridicule honest opposition.

I was going to give you my opinion of the Homeland Final, but I thought that many may not have yet seen it. So, I'll wait on that one. If you have already been part of that record Showtime audience, write and we can toss it around.

Good grades do not a smart man make. Harvard student Eldo Kim was the guy who set off the bomb scares at the institution for best and brightest -- because he didn't want to take an exam.

One of the neat things about the internet had been the ability to go directly to companies. The trend seems to be going the American way where middlemen like FaceBook want to be come the stop in between with their hand out for a little commission. I'm thinking why should I "see us on Facebook" when I can go right to the site I want.

I thought that Celine Deon showed me a lot in her duet with eventual winner Tessanne. She is so associated with the big song from Titanic, that it is easy to forget how talented she is and the broad spectrum of singing challenges she has mastered. Oh, yeah, and Tessanne was great with her, and a very deserving champion. BTW, after watching some of the songsters last night, I think that Cole Vosbury may have been the second best singer in the gorup.

Speaking of Democrat Senators, how much credibility can they really have if they follow Harry Reid?

I was going to lay off politics for the Christmas -- that's Christmas as in the birth of Christ -- season, but Dems force me to respond.

The Answer:
Yes, I think what I remember most form the Movie Titanic is the song by Dion, "My Heart Will go On." After that some other bigs are, Becasue You Loved Me, It's All Coming Back To Me Now, A New day has Come, The Power Of Love, That's The Way It is, To Love You More, I'm Alive, All By Myself and Where Does My Heart Beat Now.

The real Power: Love over politics: