Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chuckles among the tears.



Today's Tids Issue 3,160
Opening Stuff:

Some mornings like today, when the sun is glistening and the air is cool, I like to sit on the front steps in the still of near dawn hour. How peaceful are the soon to be chaotic streets where I live. I think, as I shiver from a small breeze, hear the rustle of leaves in the trees nearby, what’s gone wrong? A tear could from in my eye as I look at the street a mere10 feet beyond where once George Washington would walk with ally General Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau while French troops residing in neighborhood colonial homes scurried about, to and from the artillery armory next door founded 34 years before the war of Independence. Two men from different worlds fighting together for what all people wanted, the freedoms from dictatorial limitations that would eventually lead to one of the most amazing documents in history. As I look at this now empty street on a beautiful morning, the perfect beauty is marred by thoughts those who would thwart the greatness of the USA, who would equate change with altering the constitution.

It appears that Google will be announcing a new relief map for travelers. It shows where the restrooms are.

The Texas indictment of Perry is a good example of how out of control the USA has become in this new era of divisive politics – where nobody listens and nobody gives. Alan Dershowitz says the indictment of Perry (He says he would never vote for him) is similar to Totalitarian societies like the old USSR and others where the courts are misused to delete political opponents. Dershowitz’s opinions, who is also “outraged” over the similar legal actions against Tom Delay, has been joined in his opinion by many handfuls of legal scholars and political operatives , including Clinton spokesperson Lanny Davis who urges Democrats to denounce the Texas decision. The USA was the New World of Freedom, and somehow I see more and more people wanting to bring back the old worlds of oppression.

The Question:
Name ten well known celebrities who are 5’ 7”  or less.

The Headlines:
--Terror Group Hezbollah taking Fight To Syria/Iraq Jihadists Who Have Aims On Lebanon.
--Ferguson A Battleground Once Again Last Night.; Missouri Top Cop Slams Criminals Who Are Agitating Situation To Take Advantage Of Confusion And Pursue Criminal Activities.
--Rockets From Gaza Break Truce; Israel Retaliates.
--In The Stock Market: Housing regaining Fire; Apple, Rackspace, Google Stand Out As Techs Regain Energy; Dow Up Again.
--Philadelphia Teens Beat Park Ranger Senseless.

Being politically correct doesn’t help anybody.

He toiled so hard that he worked his fingers to the bonus.

I am really happy to read that the wrap style sandwich trend is dying quickly. I found them particularly difficult when trying to remove lettuce and tomatoes. Lets bring back real bread.

To put all of the media reported misconceptions during events surrounding Ferguson in perspective, only less than 2% of all of the 40 million who have had contact with the police reported the use of force at any level. Of the 2668 deaths from police action over the past 7 years, 1705 (64%) were white.

I guess I get down when I see so much misreporting by the media.

John Deere stands behind all of their equipment except the manure spreader.

Maybe the USA and other so-called Western nations should just stand back and let rival Middle East terror groups kill each other off. Works for me.

Did you see the sad story about an experience mountain climber who fell to his death yesterday In Yosemite just after he proposed to his girlfriend. Rory McElroy’s golf game went South just after he become engaged, too. Sorry about that. I’m just trying to get beyond political correctness, even as my heart swells at the sadness of the tragedy.

The Voice you’ve heard a thousand times left a higher paying factory job in a Rhode Island to take $30 a week stint at WJAR Providence. This son of Polish immigrants was Don Pardo and he died last night at the age of 96. You’ve heard his distinctive voice for 40 years on Saturday Night Live. He was the announcer for the original Price is Right, Jeopardy, Three on a Match and even NBC Nightly news. To me, the announcers of the old quiz shows were as much a part of the aura as the hosts and contestants. While on duty in 1963, he was the first to announce the death of JFK on NBC. I wonder who had the honor of first announcing his death last night.

I used to have a pet leech. It was quite attached to me.

Johnny Manziel looks like any other rookie QB struggling to make the team.

The Answer:
Bruno Mars is 5-5 and mighty Sylvester Stallone is only 5-7. Some others are Jon Stewart t 5-6, Tom Cruise 5-7 (?), Daniel Radcliff 5-5, Dustin Hoffman 5-6, Prince 5-2, and the shortest Danny Divito 5-0. Some just above at 5-8 are Simon Cowell, Usher, Mark Wahlberg and Rob Lowe.

Today as I run out the door I realize that I wrote more than I thought I wrote.

Actually, I wrote a novel about a guy who had a small garden. It didn’t have much of a plot!

No comments:

Post a Comment