Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, April 14, 2017

“Don’t be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene. Who was crucified. He has risen! He is not hear.” Mark16:1-8




Today's Tids Issue 3,843
For Easter Morning Love:

On any other normal April 14th I’d be writing about the anniversaries of tragedies that saddened the world, the shooting of Abraham Lincoln and the sinking of the Titanic. Yet, this is Good Friday the day of a death that was for all peoples, the predecessor to the rebirth of humankind.
Over the years I have treated this special Friday as a singular Tidlet. Some years I would imagine myself at the bottom of the cross listening with sadness in my heart to those last seven utterances, before Jesus finally bowed his head for the last time.
For other Tidlets I would see myself wandering with the saddened crowd on a Sunday morning, only to be told of a miracle. To be told that the cave where Jesus had been entombed was empty, that the giant stone had been rolled back.  And with them all in wonderment, I would look up and feel an aura that was the new beginning for all. It would have been a day of awe, with sun that beamed brighter and flowers that colored the landscape grand. And with the rest, I would kneel, because we would know that our hearts had been filled love.
Today is a Tids devoid of news and Cheetos and gravy, and an old guy railing at the changes not of yesterday. It is a day only of one news that never ends.
I believe that music can lift us up beyond ourselves. None feels like Easter Morning more than the grandeur of the final movement of Mahler’s 2nd Symphony – “The Resurrection”. There is nothing more to say, but only music the ignite the soul.



Happy Easter, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!




No comments:

Post a Comment