Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 5, 2017

A little kindness.




Today's Tids Issue 3,966
For the Unforgettable:

The fields are empty now, 
But the images of fallen remain somehow. 
Out of the peaceful sky, 
Above the songs cry, 
Came the sounds that terrify. 
In just seconds fleeting by, 
Bodies fall, bodies lie.
The music stopped that night, 
As crowds took flight. 
But hearts will ere look back,
To the bloody night, that maniacal attack. 
Hearing again first words of a song stopping abrupt,
“Some days it’s tough just getting up.”  

Man, did the Tids political department get hoodwinked by NBC. I don’t believe I have seen any white House act faster than the Trump admin did about the NBC suggested Tillerson-Trump split. It seems though that NBC was very creative in developing news that perhaps never was. I used to just Snope those roving political emails. Now I feel I have to Snope the daily journalism. It’s sad.

Emergency crews responded to an accident involving an Ethiopian bread truck. There were multiple injeras.

The Question:
What was the name of the song Jason Aldean was singing when the shooting began?

‘The Headlines:
--Markets Opening Positive Territory; Stabilized Oil Industry Helping; Russia-Saudi Union Improves Price Credulity.
--More Info coming Out On Gunman; He Targeted Airplane Fuel tanks. And Had Serious Survival Plan; Girlfriend Appears Totally Innocent; Motive Still Unestablished.
--Three US Green Berets Dead, Two Wounded In Niger Ambush; al-Qaida nad Several ISIS Groups Said To Be Active In The Area..
--Maduro Says Russia Would Back Venezuela In Conflict With US.
--Justin Thomas Named PGA Tour Player Of The Year. Xander Schauffeles PGA Rookie of the Year.
--BLM Goes After ACLU.

The NFL Pickum’s are back and it is getting tougher, as so many teams seem able to knock each other off. Another bad day last week brings us to 42-21 (67%). And this week, I am not picking Cleveland with my gut again. That’s for sure... Oh, wait, they are playing the Jets. Maybe…I’ll tell you at the end. I think I’ll also wait til the end to pick tonight’s game between the TB Bucs and my beleaguered beloveds. A couple tough games all of a sudden are the Panthers- Lions and Bills--Bengals. I’m going with the Lions and the Bills. The Giants need a win and they were close last week. I don’t know about the Chargers so I’m going Jints at home. If New Yorkers don’t win, the fans will be calling for the lions – real lions. The Niners are improving so I’m picking them for a first win over Colts. Another monster battle is the Rams and Seahawks. I have to go with the hot Rams over a suspect Seahawks. I love the game between the Texans and Chiefs. – “O” vs “D”; an undefeated team against an improving team, two good coaches. I’ll stay with the Chiefs. The Pack looks good and who knows about the Cowboys. I like the Pack. I have liked the Titans and I’m not sure about the Dolphins. it’s Tennessee for me. The Jags-Steelers match could be real close, but I’ll take the Steelers. The Raiders lost Carr, but the Ravens have been sucking. Ravens at Home. Yikes, the Vikes let me down and I see them coming back against the Bears. And now the Jets—Browns. I go Jets. I’m sticking with my own team NE over TB even though Winsted could kill our porous defense. Four teams have byes. I pick all of them to stay even! I just reread the picks and 7-7 could be good this week.

Two things that bore me most – brushing my teeth and exercise. Is that bad?

Old flames are rekindled by a burning desire.

Tonight is sports lover’s dream…well certainly a New England sports lover’s dream. The New England Patriots will prove to fans they are not becoming the Cleveland Browns and beat the Bucs. The Red Sox will begin their quest for the World Series with a tough series beginning in Houston against the mighty Astros. Great pitching between Sale and Verlander will be worth the time (If I can tear myself away from the Pats). Great night for channel switching, or side-by-side TV sets. Also across the nation most cities will see their Hockey teams returning to action including the Boston Bruins against the Nashville. And if that wasn’t enough jock overload, the new season of Golf starts on the Golf Channel in the afternoon.

I have laugh at perhaps a reenergized Billy Jean King who said yesterday that women should have voted for a woman in the last election. Is feminist leadership against women thinking for themselves? What a crock all of this personal politics is.

Speaking of stereotyping, I just saw a pic of one of my old faves, Judy Collins. I can only say that some 78-year-old women should forget about trying to look 35.

And I was happy to see a super enthusiastic packed house for the final of the WNBA Championship, won by the Minnesota Lynx over Los Angeles. It was nail biter down the stretch but the Lynx beat back several LA assaults. And the crowd, this full house of screaming loonies were out of their minds all game long.

BTW, don’t mess with old people. The Lynx are the oldest team in basketball, and they just know how to play together. Fun to watch.

In Las Vegas, the city’s new NHL entry the “Golden Knights” is scheduled to take the ice for the first time tonight. It won’t be the joyous occasion originally planned, but hopefully meaningful to the fans. You see, since the attack the Knights have been busy visiting hospitals and first responders, and reports say their presence is much needed, and appreciated. They are trying to help lift the veil of grief off the city.  Tonight they will continue.

One of the hot new names for boys is Xander – short for Alexander.

I never get tired of Enya. Her melodies just seem to open my heart just a little bit wider.

I never know what the words of a song are, because the melodies always sweep me away.

A friend of mine who lives in Puerto Rico says the country was a political corruption disaster before he Hurricane.

The Answer:
“Some days it’s tough just getting’ up, Throwin’ on these boots and makin’ that climb. Some days I’d rather be a no show, Lay low ‘fore I go out of my mind. But, When she Says baby…

Remember, a few kind words can change the mood of the aggrieved, the disturbed. Or just a person with a bad hair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment