Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, October 20, 2017

The reawakening of a mushy mind.




Today's Tids Issue 3,977
For moderation?

Yesterday I had a Tids title, “Why can’t we have George (Washington) back?” I may have been a little bit of an accidental psychic considering the speech of George (Bush) yesterday. I think he put the status of the country in this world in proper perspective. He echoed much of what I have attempted to say in this column for a number of years now. That somehow people who aren’t that innately different have allowed opposing views to develop into pure hatred. That somehow humanity and civility have left the table. That brains have become blind, and emotions have become too entitled. I hate big government globalization, but I believe strongly in global economics. But even with my own personal beliefs I have to listen to the logic of the saner of the opposition who may have something good for everybody’s future. Yes, Bush put a lot of good ideas on the table yesterday, and let’s hope the media latches on to a few. The problem maybe that he was too moderate, for the left or the right media. And, who knows better the uninformed hatred of the opposition than he.

Remember when owning GE stock was like owning an excellent diversified portfolio of great businesses? I think that may be a thing of the past.

I expect that if your community opens its doors wide for Amazon’s HQII, that you will eventually lose what you like about your own place. But then of course, I am not a young person looking for a career.

The Dodgers must be really good.

Uh-Oh, I just noticed that Amazon has developed big Fashion section. As hip young people dive into it, I will look more out of style than usual.

Gelling in a pristine unencumbered remote valley is good for the soul but often turns minds mushy.

The Question:
Fans were asked to rank the best Sports teams of All-Time. Name the Top 10. Bonus: What do you think are the worst things about going to a bar in your 30’s? See of you can get five.

The Headlines:
--Senate Passes $4 trillion + Budget; Could Pave The Way For Passage Of New tax Package.
--Tax Cut Hopes Has Markets Opening Higher – Over 23,280 At Noon Hour; GE Profits And Forecasts Down; GE To Sell Off $20 billion In Assets.
--Northern California Wild Fires: Damages will be Higher Than $1 Billion; Over 7,000 Structures Destroyed.
--Brexit Talks At Impasse; Britain And 27 Other Countries Agree There Are Deep Divisions On Many Aspects Of The Divorce Including How Much UK Should Pay.
--US Backed Forces Liberate Raqqa From ISIS; War Results In 80% Of City Being Uninhabitable; Send In FEMA?.
--California’s 9th Circuit To Allow Challenge To States Ban On Prostitution.
--NK Nuclear Test Mount Mantap Said tie be Suffering Form “Tired Mountain Syndrome”.
--Rising China Political Star, Sun Zhencai, Ousted, Accused Of Trying to Seize Control Of Communist Party.

Democrats must fall asleep to a recording repeating over and over, “It’s all for the Rich,” because it is about the only thing they ever have to say about any Repub domestic proposal.

Personally, my guess is that from what I have seen or read about kids heralded statements in the press, that they are learning the same “all for the rich” mantra, all Repub ideas bad from their teachers. Clearly, even some very smart kids aren’t learning about the free enterprise system and its benefits to society…if left alone.

Democrats have a problem: Disliking Trump is easy, but feeling good about the antics of the left is hard. Very hard.

Trump would be better off just cheering the stock market on to greater heights instead of taking credit for it.

I truly hate the idea of people sneaking into the US illegally. But, I also think the Border Wall is a big, expensive, bad idea. Drones armed with rockets would be cheaper and more effective. The real problem are the gangs that facilitate the illegal crossings.

Yesterday I mentioned that science has discovered that the brain lives on after death occurs. I have been informed by my chief facts checker that the French discovered this human trait centuries ago. Yes, guillotined heads showed signs of trying to speak even though their vocal chords were severed. Science today often misses facts of the past, or choses to ignore them.

And of course, science of today has multiple communications at tier finger tips and many unknowledgeable advocates to pass findings along…with associated uniformed comments.

One of the dangers we are learning about of Airbnb rentals is the use of hidden cameras by owners is not uncommon. More and more users of the service are learning that their private activities have been recorded for all to see. And in many case traded over the web. Google’s cheap Nest DropCam has afforded honest and unscrupulous Airbnb owners alike to use them to monitor guests. Airbnb rules “suggest that hosts respect their gusts privacy”, but do not specifically say that hosts can’t have audio or video surveillance equipment installed.” I guess I have to start sleeping wearing dark glasses

“Tired Mountain Syndrome”? Is that covered under ObamaCare?

Mediocrity continues down in the NFL Picker’s Cellar. I’ve decided to turn off their lights and stop with the donuts and snacks until they perform. For last night I picked the Chiefs, so, I’m already 0-1 this week. Well, here goes: The B’s Blast, Bucs and Bills game looks very good and could go either way. The Bills fans deserve a big win at home. The Vikes are waking up and should beat the unpredictable Ravens (The word “unpredictable” bothers me). Wow, the Dolphins beat the Falcons and the Jets are playing very well. The Jets’ QB is more resourceful and I’ll go with them in a a game which is surprisingly meaningful. Another close game is Cards at Rams. I go Rams. The Jags will beat the Colts and the Saints will beat Rogers-less Pack. I like the Panthers over the Bears and Titans with Mariota back beating the Browns. The Cowboys are due for a solid victory, and Niners should be the one to give them it. I’m taking the Chargers over the Broncs, and Steelers over the Bennies. Did the real Giants finally awaken, or was last Sunday a mirage? I’ll go with the Seahawks. I love the mellow Tones of NYG Boo-Birds. The Pats haven’t own at home, and the Falcons are really angry. But, I’m a stupid homer and feel the Pats will be better and win. Monday night game between the skins and Eagles is huge. All of a sudden I have become a big Eagles fans. I could lose a lot of these picks especially since I picked so many hoe teams to lose. Am I nuts?

There are times when a McDonald’s ¼ Pounder with cheese is the best meal of the day.

Tuesdays’ The Voice “battles” showed me one possible finalist in Mitchell Lee. I personally Like Dennis Drummond, and Hannah Mrozak pleasantly surprised me towards the end of her and Brandon’s duet. Davon Fleming will probably be a force for a while too. The duets are appealing to me even if I don’t know (Which is most of the time) or like the songs. It generally sounds good when they harmonize.

I am seriously enticed by the siren’s call of the smart phone. I mock the teens, but know but for a decade or two or seven, I would be considered among the muddled masses. Addiction is my personality.

Build a city in the wilderness and traffic jams will come.

If you don’t know what true media overkill is wait until you see what happened when NY and LA media start touting what is shaping up to be a Dodgers and Ya. Ya. Ya…(WYKWIM) World series. Where have you gone, Pee Wee Reese?

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--According to the Critics, the only movie worth seeing is Only The Brave, a tough, but realistic, thrilling often terrifying look at California Fire fighters…real heroes. It shows their training and brotherhood; their loving  home life; the wrenching emotions from victory and tragic lass.
--The Snowman was very good bestselling book that apparently lost everything between the pages and the film. A good cast, a detective and his female recruit try to outwit a pure evil style serial killer before the next snowfall. Old cold cases add to the chill of this mediocre films.
--Another loser is the overly political thriller Geostorm. It’s about weathermen in satellites trying to figure out how to stop a madman who is using these futuristic weather control stations to destroy the earth. Yes, it is a bit over the top, and much too political.
--The critics rate Tyler Perry’s Boo 2: A Madea Halloween in the It Sucks region. But, audiences who love Perry will be howling as the three wander into a haunted campground and have to run for their lives as monsters, goblins and bogymen invade. And it isn’t just because they are high.

The Answer:
Well, number one was the Ya, Ya, Ya…Oh well. #2 was my fave Boston Celtics. 3 is LA Lakers who I don’t dislike as much as the ya-ya’s. #4 is the GB Packers followed by Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bulls, Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Detroit Red Wings and at #10 Montreal Canadians. “America’s team” the Dallas Cowboys were fifteen, frankly after another Texas team The San Antonio Spurs at 11. Four college teams were in the top 50 --#22 Notre Dame Football, #37 UCLA Basketball, #40 Duke basketball, #41 Alabama Football #44 NC Basketball and #47 UConn Women’s Basketball. Ohio State Football (58), LSU Football (78), Kansas Basketball (79), Kentucky Basketball (83), Michigan Football (90), Mich State Basketball (93), UConn Men’s Basketball (95) and Syracuse basketball (96) were also college teams named in the top 100. Bonus: 1. Realizing two drinks cost the same as a six pack or a bottle of wine. 2. Realizing you could be on your couch instead. 3. You have to go to work in the morning. 4. Realizing you were once as annoying as everybody around you. 5. Overhearing annoying new sayings like “On Fleek”. 6. Watching old dudes hit on young girls. 7. Watching Alcohol/Testosterone induced fights. 8. Realizing you are the oldest person at the bar.

In case you are interested, “On Fleek” means like On Point or just perfect, but nobody knows why you just can’t say That. Or as one observer of culture puts it, “A word used by those intent on decimating the English Language, and further depleting the ever dwindling repository of individuals capable of intellectual conversation”. Or, “I have a terrible vocabulary and am a high school dropout. I have difficulty expressing myself with actual words so I make them up hoping I am not questioned. If I am questioned, I reply, “You are hopelessly out of touch with the new lingo.”

Have a wonderful weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment