Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, May 3, 2019

Paint it Black.



Today's Tids Issue 4,381
Being Me is Okay:

Self-satisfaction eliminates a lot of anguish.

If I’m happy with what I have
And don’t crave to emulate.
I’ll travel on Comfortable Ave,
Till I reach that heaven’s gate.

Keeping up with current events living on the coast: Reading daily tide charts.

The problem with today’s politics is this idea that all opponents should be painted black; violently destroyed. Sleaze campaigns have become the norm, to the point where most voters are voting against someone eviscerated as opposed for a person they can support entirely. Demean, ridicule, slander. No holds barred. No problem, the media will manufacture a perfect candidate. And embarrass the voter into pulling their lever.

The Question:
I haven’t had any to no experience doing this, but I hear that buoying cosmetics can be very tricky; ie’ one brand that makes great nail polish can make awful eye shadow. So, what are considered the Top Ten Cosmetic Brands?

The Headlines:
--Unemployment At Lowest Levels Since 1969; April Jobs Numbers Have Stocks Higher; “Beyond Meat” Shares Cooking With Gas On first Trade Day.
--Venezuela Stalemate Could Continue A While.
--Execs Of Opioid Company Insys Found Guilty Of Criminal Charges.
--North Carolina’s Cheslie Kryst Named Miss USA; A Lawyer, She Supports “MeToo” and “Times Up” Movements; Runners-Up Are Triana Brown (OK) and Alajandra Gonzalez (NM).
--Kudlow: Fed May Be Looking To Cut Rates.
--Pressured Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh Resigns.
--Late Night Comics Skewer Dems Chicken Episode.
--Space-X Capsule Engulfed In Fames During Test.
--Snoop Dog Backs Farrakhan.

The Dems should be happy that Barr didn’t show because if he had, Nadler would have been shown as the most disingenuous person in the room. If, of course, the media reported it.

“Spotlight Politics”: Saying anything outrageous that comes to mind in order to get on TV.

For all of their intelligence, college students seem to have the least flexible thought process.

Tids Teen Meanderings:
An Ode to the Ones Found When You Aren’t Looking -- Ok, I admit it. I’ve been trapped into trends. I, me, who is so wise, have pestered my parents to buy simply because, “I Just had to have it”. Because the other kids did, Because the ads told me I’d be with it be more than I am. But as I look back now at my youthful exuberance of about 3-4 years ago, I remember how quickly so many of all those must-haves were pushed to the back of back of the closet. How all of the bands of the moment became ho hum. Of course, I think I have figured out the key to truly knowing if you like something. Watch it go out of style. Just wait, a month, six months, a year. Over time you discover your favorite things, how they lasted beyond the hype.  Everything has its quintessential time; are you still there when its time has run to dull or monotonous? I’ve done it, and fortunately I’ve learned what is meaningful and what is passing. (I think I have, anyhow,) There are things that I liked three or four years ago, that I still like now, and that I still have respect for. Those are mainly things I know I initially truly liked for myself. My favorite things, the ones that still make me feel when they hype is gone; without having hype at all. Often it is what you find for yourself, the ones you find when you aren’t even looking. The music that you jammed to at 14 years old, still making you jam at16. I will forget trends I followed. A pair of must-have sneakers, a band once yearned for. Always among the yearnings forgotten are all those that become special; things and relationships. Where are you now, now that the flourish is gone? I know what I hold dear. And, so do you. And, we’re not telling. Are we?

The 10 Wealthiest Countries Per Capita are Monaco, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Australia, Norway, USA, Singapore, Hong Kong and Canada. Just in case you are looking for greener grass.

Why are Dems so afraid of the country’s chief law enforcement officer?

Word of the Day: Slander. The action of crime of making a false spoken statement, subtle misrepresentations damaging a person’s reputation. (Note: Libel is making a false written statement.)

Hmm. Why aren’t more politicians spending more of their days in courtrooms defending themselves?

I like the idea of inert intelligent people holding the key Fed Governorships. By inert I mean political incumbrances free. But then I‘m thinking that the answer to that is supposedly hiring mainly from Academe over financial industry mavericks.. Politically unencumbered? Academia?  

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Long Shot is the return of the “RomCom” that is getting all the buzz. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen are the couple under the microscope who go from distant to close to confused to back together again. Theron plays one of the most influential women in the world Rogan is an alt happy go lucky journalist hired by her liven up her speeches as she begins a run for the President. They have nothing in common, she’s severe and organized and he’s loose, that is until they do. Oh yeah, he had a crush on her as youth when she was his babysitter. He woos her now with his sense of humor. The jokes are good and the intrigue is there, but, this comedy, is shot with dark light. And there are a few surprising incidents along the way. Probably worth a look.
--Ugly Dolls is an animated film best known so far for the country voices of Blake Sheldon and Kelly Clarkson. The folks of Ugliville’s strangeness and ugly appearance goes well when they live their town. But in this one they venture beyond the borders where they learn what it means to be different. They learn, though, they don’t have to be perfect to be amazing because it is what you truly are. Sounds like a good story for kids, but not liked by critics.
--The Intruder Looks like it is a bomb even though its plot sounds interesting. Dennis Quaid sells a couple the house of their dreams, but then won’t leave them alone. What dies he want?

The Answer:
I have to say that I am not familiar with many of these names. #1 MAC, 2 is NARS Cosmetics. Next is Urban Decay followed by Tarte, Too Faced, Benefit Cosmetics, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Chanel, Maybelline and at #10 – Bobbi Brown. The next ten are NYX Cosmetics, Smashbox, Dior, Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Make Up Forever, Sephora, Bare Minerals and Stila. These aren’t your Grandmother’s cosmetics.

Have a Great Weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!!

No comments:

Post a Comment